Become a Patron!

Need help with coughing when I vape

I have been a menthol smoker for 35 years. I am having breathing problems and have caught pneumonia twice in 3 years, which scared me to death. My lungs rattle from the constant wheezing. I am in the beginning stages of taking Chantix.

I have three evod twist rigs set at the lowest wattage. My nicotine level in the juice is 18. I have several different flavor that I like.I have learned the way to slowly draw from my ecig, counting to 5 and then gently inhaling it into my lungs. Then I promptly start coughing my butt off. It is preventing me from throwing out my cigarettes and vaping 100%.

One more thing, I can test out any ejuices at the shop and it is soooooo smooth. I buy it and bring it home and it causes me to cough really bad..

I really appreciate any help.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of tanks are you using to test liquids at the shop? Maybe try getting one of those if they work better for you?

I'm no doctor, but I don't know that Chantix and continuing to use nicotine are compatible habits...

What kind of tanks are you using to test liquids at the shop? Maybe try getting one of those if they work better for you?

I'm no doctor, but I don't know that Chantix and continuing to use nicotine are compatible habits...
I think they are really low end tanks. They aren't Pyrex like the tanks I have for my PV.

gashadokuro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been a menthol smoker for 35 years. I am having breathing problems and have caught pneumonia twice in 3 years, which scared me to death. My lungs rattle from the constant wheezing. I am in the beginning stages of taking Chantix.

I have three evod twist rigs set at the lowest wattage. My nicotine level in the juice is 18. I have several different flavor that I like.I have learned the way to slowly draw from my ecig, counting to 5 and then gently inhaling it into my lungs. Then I promptly start coughing my butt off. It is preventing me from throwing out my cigarettes and vaping 100%.

One more thing, I can test out any ejuices at the shop and it is soooooo smooth. I buy it and bring it home and it causes me to cough really bad..

It's something that's just going to take some time to get used to. When i first got my evod 2 I was coughing like a madman and that's because anything i vaped on before was a simple e-cig. After a few weeks I seemed to get used to it and now I don't really cough at all unless I took in a drag way too quickly. Mind you, I was a smoker before as well, not nearly as long as you , but a smoker non the less.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a different inhale when your vaping, a lot of ex smokers go through it, as did I. When we smoke we take a drag, and then pull in air to pull it into our lungs. It made me cough, when I did this method vaping. I started pulling it straight into my lungs, and the cough went away. Imagine taking a big inhale of air, when your vaping.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think they are really low end tanks. They aren't Pyrex like the tanks I have for my PV.
How about the mods themselves? The power settings? Coil resistance?

There's something that works for you with those tanks that doesn't work for you with yours. If it were me I'd be trying to figure out what about those "really low end" ones made it so they out-performed what I was using...

Whats your PG/VG Mix ratio? Maybe your lungs are sensitive to either VG or PG.

gashadokuro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Something I had noticed when i first started even with e-cigs is that "full flavor" juices were the ones that made me cough. When I had my Vuse ecig, i had a pack of full flavor and one of menthol. the menthol didn't make me cough at all, and when i'd switch to full flavor that's when the coughing would start

I found out that it is 50/50.. This might be part of the problem according to the owner/operator of my local ecig shop. She wants me to try out something along the lines of less nicotine and lower content of one of the additives in the juice. She also said that new tanks/batteries called a subone (?) helped her with the coughing.

I am going into the shop in just a little while and I'll see if it helps.

Thank you, everybody who replied to my ver first post.

VU Sponsors