Become a Patron!

Need help with set up for bigger clouds

Stevennn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Was wondering if someone could help me out on a set up for bigger clouds... I have a eleaf istick 50w, kangertech kbox, Atlantis v1 and v2 (coming shortly), and a plume veil dripper by Aether tech

Last edited:

cardassian

Member For 4 Years
Well I'm not a cloud chaser but I'd slap dual coils in the plume veil. Probably 6 wraps of twisted 26 gauge internal of 2 mm. That'd come out around 0.25 ohms and should fire on the stick iirc. Should get some decent clouds at 50 watts. Consider getting a higher wattage device like an IPv4. It goes up to 100 watts and has the added advantage of temp control which gives a new toy to play with. Could look at getting a rad like the mutation X which has bigger airflow and more geared towards big clouds. What build are you currently using?

Stevennn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using a dual coil plume veil hitting .6 ohm on the istick 50w. I get decent clouds but for some reason I still get bigger clouds with the Atlantis

cardassian

Member For 4 Years
I use a chuff cap on my plume veil. I find that helps with the clouds. Experiment with a few other builds and see what works for you.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Throw some parallel coils in the plume, for now remove the drip tip and the piece it attaches too (screws to open top holes.
But I am a fan of the chuff cap myself. The doge is a great cloud chasing atty, basically no air restrictions.

Stevennn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ahh that worked out perfectly, thanks or some sound advice

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Question how are you wicking your coils? This makes a huge difference in cloud production.

Stevennn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you mean cotton I'm using organic until the Japanese organic comes in. Or I think that what I'm waiting for

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you mean cotton I'm using organic until the Japanese organic comes in. Or I think that what I'm waiting for
I mean are you leaving space under the coils or not. Leaving space allows air to get to coils better. Gives you a thicker cloud.

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also make sure the vents are in line with your coils as well.

bigboilik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like to use dual macro coils or a single parralel coil both videos by rip trippers on YouTube gets me nice big clouds good flavor as well

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like to use dual macro coils or a single parralel coil both videos by rip trippers on YouTube gets me nice big clouds good flavor as well
I use a dual parallel set up. Comes out to 0.195 ohms. Makes big clouds and flavor.20150529_065840.jpg

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It can get hot if you are doing long pulls for sure but damn do I cloud like a boss lol

Stevennn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
got myself an fuhattan and running the plume with 24 gauge kanthol reading about 3.1 ohms. still not getting the clouds i want but their pretty up there in size. anything i can do to make things better? thinking about getting the mutation x soon but dont know if its worth it as im still a bit new to rda's.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
got myself an fuhattan and running the plume with 24 gauge kanthol reading about 3.1 ohms. still not getting the clouds i want but their pretty up there in size. anything i can do to make things better? thinking about getting the mutation x soon but dont know if its worth it as im still a bit new to rda's.
Wait, you are chucking huge clouds at 3.1ohms ? Maybe I am missing something here

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Basically anything similar to a doge, mutation x, fat man, little boy, turbo, bubble or any similar rda will help with cloud production. I personally am waiting like a kid for christmas awaiting my Doge v2 to arrive. I am kicking out some good clouds with my GCT wth DIY head (essentially a RTA) BUT I wanna go beyond. Just remember to keep the builds at or below amp rating. I am gonna use Cotton Bacon Verson 2.0 because my review readers been asking about it a lot. That and wicking thats in thin strips pleases my inner lazy ass lol.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Basically anything similar to a doge, mutation x, fat man, little boy, turbo, bubble or any similar rda will help with cloud production. I personally am waiting like a kid for christmas awaiting my Doge v2 to arrive. I am kicking out some good clouds with my GCT wth DIY head (essentially a RTA) BUT I wanna go beyond. Just remember to keep the builds at or below amp rating. I am gonna use Cotton Bacon Verson 2.0 because my review readers been asking about it a lot. That and wicking thats in thin strips pleases my inner lazy ass lol.
I was told somewhere along the way, that cotton bacon takes a minute to break in (like 10-15 pulls) Maybe the v2 is different.
I havent tried it, but thats what I was told.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
As soon as I try it out and give it a once over I will post a revjew on it. I still got like 15 freaking liquids I gotta do a write up on. It went from slow and steady to fast and furious. Gotta thank VU for a lot of the exposure as well. Currently my RTA converted GCT is on 67W with a 0.42 build filled with The Vaping Oasis Peaches and Cream. My eGo ONE is full of Jedi Juice. Guess you can say Im vaping the mod from both rdas lol. Also got a Ivogo SMPL on way to review. I got maybe 7 reviews I gotta get posted soon so keep checking back on it. The Genitank, Arotank V2, Sigelei Magic Wand, dragon vapors Snickers and a few others.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Version 2.0 is allegedly a all new product all togather with virtually no break in. Itll be put into the Doge and my GCT RTA.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cotton bacon 2.0 is much better than its predecessor. Easier to rip off with none of those pinched ends. Flavor profile is very good. First couple hits is the initial cottony taste. But then it gets really good

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
wicked cotton is really good compared to cotton bacon. It wicks better and the flavor isn't weird to start of with.It is worth giving it a try next time you run out of cotton

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never heard of wicked cotton. I'll make a note of it, thanks!

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
it is a dental cotton ready to vape a lot like cotton bacon but better in my opinion.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Where do I get this evil cotton lol?

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks trippy lol

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome bro thanks

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks nice and clean

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
it still has a cotton taste just not as bad doesn't last as long

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
V2 is the same though. Couple beginning hits of cotton then it's gone. Don't have to change it out for a couple days. Retains very nicely. But I believe you bro :)

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i can go a week or so without a cotton change. but i'm not a true cloud chaser

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's awesome dude I'll have to look into that when my stash is done

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I will have to put that on my "to review" list as well. Just found out from the vendor AFTER he sent the SMPL out today it isnt copper but brass instead. Pretty sure he is talking about the button as its supposed to be a Ivogo clone and Ivogo states they only make stainless 316 surgical stainless and copper bodies. If I remember correctly though the drop between the two is not much at all. Told him to come to VU to get some education before he reorders lol.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good idea. Misinformation is not a good thing for a sales pov

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Good idea. Misinformation is not a good thing for a sales pov
This was thr first time a vendor asked me for to help educate him. Usually they act like geniuses, this guy was straight with me. Told him I didnt mind getting a solid brass mod as long as I know its brass. Did tell him if it was aluminum I would be demanding a refund.

VU Sponsors