Become a Patron!

Need Help!

Hello all
I've been vaping for awhile now and never had a problem like this. I've been using the tfv12 for a few months and everything was fine, no major problems. Recently, though, it seems that every new coil head I install in the tank burns the very same day and it has been happening entirely too often. I assumed this was problem with the atomizer itself, so i bought the uwell valyrian assuming that my problem would go away but it has not. I've cleaned the tank, primed each coil, given it time to saturate, and started out at a low wattage, but they still keep burning out. If anybody has a solution to this, I would be very appreciative.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My solution would be: "ditch the premade heads for an RTA", and then you can put the irksome tank into the washer and sideline it for dire emergencies.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The issue - to me - is that chinese QC was always bad. And, folks on VU have even spoken of issues after leaving the new heads soaking in juice for hours and overnight..

I never get these issues - my worst-case will always be "damn, take the watts down a notch!" and do so..

(oh, well - OK - I had to replace the wick in the Monster v2 today - I was happily vaping and typing and the flavor went south.. Well, fine: it had gone empty on me ;-)

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, that pretty well covers it.. You can use nail-clippers to cut wire, but even Harbor Freight sells cheap cutter,

Mandrels? A ton of folks just use drill bits - I finally bought a v4 selt of mandrels to wind coils, but I still have 2mm and 3mm brass rod that will also do the trick.

A lot of folks insist on a voltmeter, but I commonly just build on a regulated mod - set yer watts low to pulse, but lock yourself out for building (otherwise you risk handling HOT WIRE and it hurts).

I used to use just Kanthal, but I am down to merely one roll of 26awg Kanth, and instead usually use one of: 30, 28, 26, 24, 22awg SS317L. (Just today got a roll of what is supposed to be SS430 26awg as well as another experimental clapton roll).

I'm not a huge fan of clapton. Sometimes an atty likes it, usually I just use solid round.

If you only buy a roll of 28 and 26awg SS, you can likely get by for about a year. You might care to experiment/gamble on an occasional roll every-other payday.- but only if you think you have a few clues.

VU Sponsors