Become a Patron!

Need insulator for 510 on hana 30 watt box (clone)

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last week, everything I put on my hana would get the message 'short' and found the insulator under the 510 pin had broken.

I've managed to do a temporary fix with a o-ring for now, but can see it will not a be a long time fix, so wondered if anyone knew where I could get a replacement insulator, and don't want to just be ordering different insulators that work, so hoping someone had the same problem and has replaced it with success.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you remove the stock connector, you can use a m10x1.0 tap, cut threads in the hole and screw a fatdaddyvapes 510 into the case. Then you have a proper connector with stainless steel threads and a chunky spring loaded positive pin. The fixed pin, brass connector is junk.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you remove the stock connector, you can use a m10x1.0 tap, cut threads in the hole and screw a fatdaddyvapes 510 into the case. Then you have a proper connector with stainless steel threads and a chunky spring loaded positive pin. The fixed pin, brass connector is junk.

Yea I'm not that handy to do that sort of thing, but thanks for the suggestion though :)

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Really? Come on man. You have to solder one wire and use a crescent wrench to turn the tap. The fdv 510 is just about bullet proof.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yea I'm not that handy to do that sort of thing, but thanks for the suggestion though :)

Noooo, you don't say! :p Well perhaps you should just try to buy a pack of tiny orings to keep changing them as needed?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Noooo, you don't say! :p Well perhaps you should just try to buy a pack of tiny orings to keep changing them as needed?

I already have a bag of 50 of them from FT ;) Just concerned with these o-rings working past the pin while at work, so looking for a better long term solution.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I already have a bag of 50 of them from FT ;) Just concerned with these o-rings working past the pin while at work, so looking for a better long term solution.

Well hopefully some answers will turn up .. did you check lightening vapes?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well hopefully some answers will turn up .. did you check lightening vapes?

Yea nothing that will work for sure, I'll just have to have a hunt in my parts tub and see if can find something to work better than the oring, when the pin is pushed down, the oring starts to slip over the 510 pin.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The insulator problem may be repairable. Slowly disintegrating brass threads are not. Good luck.

VU Sponsors