Become a Patron!

Need Opinions on Cloud Chasing Coils

hi i have been vaping for awhile and i am just trying to find the best build for massive clouds and what type of juice and mod you have. right now i've got a Hades Black 26650 Mod with a Mutation X, with 20 Gauge 5 wraps around a 2.4 mm screwdriver, and it hits really good and produces a lot of smoke but i am looking for more smoke.

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
a lot of vapor, but I am looking for more vapor*

I prefer dragon coils around the largest rod on a coil master using 22 gauge Nichrome-80.

does it really matter what type of mod you have because i have a Hades 26650 Mod and it does not seem like it would produce much VAPOR.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
does it really matter what type of mod you have because i have a Hades 26650 Mod and it does not seem like it would produce much VAPOR.
Not as much. The coil(s) and airflow have more influence. You want to evaporate as much liquid as possible, in a short period of time (the time it takes you to inhale). Therefore, the more surface area, the more vapor.

Try a 24 gauge parallel 4 wrap on eighth in drill bit that's what I have in my x and it's chucks vape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I see a lot of new threads on "Best coils for Cloud Bursting" et cetera. Jerryhall02 is correct, a simple dual parallel coil with 24 or 26 Gauge in your Mutation will provide all the vapor you want. Make absolutely sure you don't go too low in Ohms, as it's easy to do with parallel builds. My view on cloud chasing is to wind big coils, 3mm upwards with enough cotton for adequate juice flow to the coils. On the opposite spectrum of coils sizes I've made a quad nano dragon coil with 22 Gauge that produced massive, massive amounts of clouds, but really muted the flavor.

Try a parallel coil setup, I think you'll like it.

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
a lot of vapor, but I am looking for more vapor*

I prefer dragon coils around the largest rod on a coil master using 22 gauge Nichrome-80.
That's a 3mm id Dragon coil. That's sick. I'm sure it drinks juice like the Gobi drinks rain, but it's got to be a beast for the clouds...

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya know, I just figured out the next build I want to play with. Thanks.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never ventured into any thicker gauge than 26 and i blow some monster clouds. Got single coil quad twisted 26 gauge in the mutation x v3 and triple paralel 30 gauge in the plume but my all time fave rig is my dual parallel 26 gauge in my doge v2. All those builds are in the .2 range and theyre all monster vapers its all in the air flow and in the wicking. Oh yeah and the juice also my fave right now is beard 5 which i think is 80 or 90 vg also im messing with vape kitchen juice its 100vg its ok but beard 5 is my allday. Dont need to go too crazy with the builds ive tried a bunch of dif ones my usual parallels or twisted coils seem to always work best but thats for me everyone has their style ya know.

VU Sponsors