Become a Patron!

Need Some Advice Please!!!!

So I work at a vape shop in Saskatchewan, Canada. It is just me and the owner who currently work there, however we've (more like I've) been tossing up the idea of hosting a vape competition. You know see who can blow the biggest clouds and tricks and such. Problem is, I'm not sure where to start as far as sponsoring and entry fees and the what not. Any ideas would be very helpful :) More so the goal in mind is gathering an awesome bunch of people together for a good time, great music and the chance to win prizes. Thank you in advance

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From a consumers perspective, your probably going to have to hit up your vendors for prizes, ( e juice, mods, attys, etc...) Your trying to get customers in the door, so you might nix the entry fee idea. Get the word out, and if it is a good store with fair prices, people will come, and hopefully come back.

Excellent advice Chris, thank you! Might have to nix the entry fee all together, but we do have our regulars now and everyone that comes in admires the shop, the product variety, and the service. Will get in touch with suppliers as well, do you think it would be worth a shot to maybe send a few emails to major product distributors? even though we, ourselves may not be dealing there products at the time?

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My personal advice would be to focus on products that you already carry. Reason being this. Guy/gal wins a nice mod at your shop. Friend asks /her where he/she got it. They mention your shop. Friend visits your shop, looking for that device, you don't have it. You not only lost a customer, the person is so upset they wasted their time visiting your shop that they tell 5 or 10 of their friends, now you've lost 5 or 10 more customers. That's just my take, I've seen it happen with other products so it could easily happen to a vape shop.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just entered 2 cloud comps. Price was $5 USD per event. For a chance to win over $300 USD worth of mods for 1st place. Great price for entry fee IMO.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I almost forgot about raffle tickets. Might help cover some of the costs for giving away some good prize(s).

VU Sponsors