Become a Patron!

Need some help

Pablo73

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am on the road (truck driver) my parallel coils I had on my dark horse RDA and mech mod burnt. I wrapped two coils with 28g Kanthal 9 wraps around a #0 screwdriver. They fired fine slow ramp up of course. I wicked organic cotton and tastes like shit. I can't get anywhere cause I am in a semi. Not burnt taste just plain bad!

Pablo73

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't have a meter with me. I know ohms are high but DAMN!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Don't have an answer but I am sure someone with more RDA experience than I have will jump in here soon.

But I do have a question.

Wouldn't it be a bit easier for you to use a good RBA instead of a dripper while driving?

Speaking only for myself, I would be sitting in a pool of E-Liquid within the hour!

Pablo73

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't have an answer but I am sure someone with more RDA experience than I have will jump in here soon.

But I do have a question.

Wouldn't it be a bit easier for you to use a good RBA instead of a dripper while driving?

Speaking only for myself, I would be sitting in a pool of E-Liquid within the hour!
Yes a lot easier but I had trouble with anything with a tank when I cross the Rockie mountains. They just leak juice like crazy from the pressure change. I been using an Atlantis and tried a Kanger mini. Both leaked like a bitch.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey Pablo.
Just a few suggestions, which you might of checked already.
Dry burn the coils and make sure you've got no hot legs and that they're heating up nice and evenly from the inside out.
If the coils are lighting up evenly without hot legs then muted flavour is most likely from the wick being either too tight, or not tight enough with pockets of cotton not touching the wick. If you have long legs on the coils, it's a good idea to use a tad of cotton to cover them up too.

From my experience if the coil's are lighting evenly, it's usually an issue with the wick.
Hope you're back in the flavour soon :)

Pablo73

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Pablo.
Just a few suggestions, which you might of checked already.
Dry burn the coils and make sure you've got no hot legs and that they're heating up nice and evenly from the inside out.
If the coils are lighting up evenly without hot legs then muted flavour is most likely from the wick being either too tight, or not tight enough with pockets of cotton not touching the wick. If you have long legs on the coils, it's a good idea to use a tad of cotton to cover them up too.

From my experience if the coil's are lighting evenly, it's usually an issue with the wick.
Hope you're back in the flavour soon :)
Thank you very much! I got it taken care of.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes a lot easier but I had trouble with anything with a tank when I cross the Rockie mountains. They just leak juice like crazy from the pressure change. I been using an Atlantis and tried a Kanger mini. Both leaked like a bitch.
On the tanks if you set them upside down between vapes that would help them to not leak. Found that out on a trip flying overseas. Store talks upside down and they don't leak. Found out the hard way. Lol

Pablo73

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did that but had trouble with dry hits. Its OK if ya don't wanna vape when they been upside down for a bit. Take 4 or 5 hits and its dry.

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Get a Heracles, Arctic, or Atlantis tank, easier to use when driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pablo73

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Atlantis and Kanger mini both leaked

VU Sponsors