Become a Patron!

Need suggestions please

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not sure if putting it here or the "Coil" Section would be more useful but since it involves both the coil and the RDA I figured it'd be best put here. Anyway, I recently purchased a Tugboat v1 because it's on sale and a lot of people (whose opinion I value) like it. However, I am a RDA newb and have always gravitated towards tanks. Because of these, I'm not really advanced in the whole coil building area. Finding a coil to work in a RBA tank is easy for me but not so much with RDAs. Here's what I'm looking for. The Tugboat is designed for dual coils so unfortunately that's #1. #2 I am a mouth to lung "hitter", don't like super sub-ohming as I like a cooler vape (at least I haven't liked sub-ohm in the past) #3 I'm looking for flavor opposed to "cloud chucking" I'm not really interested in 2 second pulls, if you know what I mean. I like to savor the flavor.
Does anyone have any recommendations on what kind of build I should do? It doesn't have to be fancy. I have researched this myself and am apart of several vape groups and forums but the problem is that these people don't match my vape style so its not really useful in this predicament.

(Oh and my device is the Sigelei 100 Watt+ so it can fire down pretty low (0.2 or 0.3 I believe) I also have Samsung 25r batteries so I'm set there for pretty much anything)

Zanaspus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just because something can handle dual coils doesn't mean you have to use them. I vape single coil in my Magma at about 9 watts and get awesome flavor. YMMV.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll probably try it both ways. It's just the v1 Tugboat doesn't have airflow control. The Magma does.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of my favorite builds on my Tuggy is a duel 28g each coil wrapped about ten times around 3/32" mandrel.
Each coil comes out to about 2 ohms. So together they read 1 ohm. The flavor is awesome! I like clouds and still get plenty with this build. But it is the flavor that really makes this build stand out for me.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sounds good. I keep my tanks at about 1 ohm. I find it to be most pleasant. Thank you!
One of my favorite builds on my Tuggy is a duel 28g each coil wrapped about ten times around 3/32" mandrel.
Each coil comes out to about 2 ohms. So together they read 1 ohm. The flavor is awesome! I like clouds and still get plenty with this build. But it is the flavor that really makes this build stand out for me.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds good. I keep my tanks at about 1 ohm. I find it to be most pleasant. Thank you!
You are very welcome young lady.
btw I run that set up on my Sigelei 100 watt and 30 to 35 watts seem to be a sweet spot for me.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Been running 26 ga duals in a darkhorse at .45-.65 at 35 watts on a sig 150.. strange this hits my itch so to speak... I have lower builds laying around but my work horse in the dark horse is not that insane of a build.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As long as your coils are glowing evenly, positioned properly, and wicked properly, having a variable wattage device will help you alot.
I started rebuilding on a mech, talk about a pain in the ass. (Too cool, tear it apart and take a wrap off, too hot, tear it apart and make two more coils.)
Id use 26ga kanthal or nichrome80 at between 2 and 2.5mm, 8wraps. If its too hot, turn it down, too cool, turn it up.

VU Sponsors