Become a Patron!

nemesis mod problems

ManOfManyMasks

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive been having some fire issues with my nemi lately, instead of the power going up through the top brass contact to my coils (mephisto RDA) its going to the brass contact on my fire button, if anyone could help me figure this out itd be much appriciated. p.s. im using an efest 18650, my kick ring has long been removed

ECigVaporBargains

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Ive been having some fire issues with my nemi lately, instead of the power going up through the top brass contact to my coils (mephisto RDA) its going to the brass contact on my fire button, if anyone could help me figure this out itd be much appriciated. p.s. im using an efest 18650, my kick ring has long been removed

I checked out some videos on youtube on Nemesis issues...found a lot of great information

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When was the last time you cleaned and polished it?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When was the last time you cleaned and polished it?
This.
Honestly do a total tear down and look for scrap wires or flashing left over... my first nemmy got toasted from a wicked arc.
Make sure the contacts are clean also and depending on the top cap the center insulator is flush and pin making contact.

Also check your atty for a short.

ManOfManyMasks

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This.
Honestly do a total tear down and look for scrap wires or flashing left over... my first nemmy got toasted from a wicked arc.
Make sure the contacts are clean also and depending on the top cap the center insulator is flush and pin making contact.

Also check your atty for a short.
How would i go about checking for a short?

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Take the button apart and clean/polish it very well. Also make sure the threads everywhere are clean and corrosion free.

Stirling Silver

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Take the button apart and clean/polish it very well. Also make sure the threads everywhere are clean and corrosion free.
This for sure. I had an issue with my Nemesis where the brass ring would get off track and stick when fully spun out. While it wasnt causing any power issues, it was incredibly frustrating, and easily fixed after blowing it clean.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My long-persisting hot button issues finally went away when I replaced the spring with a magnet kit - also helped with the fact the spring was getting old and no longer holding the mod up under its own weight...

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hmm how low are you running it?

ManOfManyMasks

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My long-persisting hot button issues finally went away when I replaced the spring with a magnet kit - also helped with the fact the spring was getting old and no longer holding the mod up under its own weight...
I planned on getting a magnet kit but, the brass/plasstic part the springs sit under and hold up is wats getting hot

ManOfManyMasks

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmm how low are you running it?
Thats not my issue, ive done just a simple 26g 5 wrap single coil and still have the same issue, my brass/plastic ring that the springs hold up is getting hot

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thats not my issue, ive done just a simple 26g 5 wrap single coil and still have the same issue, my brass/plastic ring that the springs hold up is getting hot
It is an issue if the resistance of the button is higher than the resistance of the coil.

ManOfManyMasks

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The treads in that part and the tube are clean? Do they thread good or feel a little weak?
They feel pretty smooth and sturdy, there was some grime in them but i cleaned them all out

ManOfManyMasks

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
only bout 70-80$ a year or so ago, plan on getting a new mod soon anyway jist would be nice untill then to have sumn

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its an authentic? Did it always get hot?

ManOfManyMasks

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
nah i think its a clone, and i only just recently had this problem

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Either way... i would stop using it till the issue ia resolved

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
only bout 70-80$ a year or so ago, plan on getting a new mod soon anyway jist would be nice untill then to have sumn
Just my .2 cents. 26650 Mods do anything. Have Sting Ray & Hades & they will cook anything but dinner. No way to turn them down but Kayfuns are cool with it.

VU Sponsors