Become a Patron!

Nemesis on 1.8 ohms

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello, Just a questions.. Moving into Mechanical mods.. I ordered the Nemesis, magma and kayfun from fasttech. Looks like I am going to get my Nemesis a whole two weeks before I get my magma and kayfun. So question is right now all I have is a Sigelei V5 and a nautilus with 1.8 ohm coils. What are your guys thoughts on vaping a nautilus with 1.8 coil heads on a Nemesis?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well with a freshly charged battery you will have 4.2 volts to the 1.8 ohm without thinking it will work ok look up on google Vaping wattage volt chart.. you can then see kinda what kind of volts the sweet spot is but thats different for each juice you use and for each person if you plan on using high ohm coils in the nemesis you would want to get a Sigelei Kick which is a device that sits ontop of the batter and allows you to change the wattage up to 12watts by memory I have one but I never use it.. My personal opinion is I use my mechs for lower ohm stuff and my variable wattage volt etc devices for things that have higher ohms ....

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info.. It is what I figured but wasn't sure.. Maybe I will pick up a Sigler kick.. Like the small form faster of the nemesis with a 18650 and I am guessing a kick would ruin that

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It will vape better than on a ego because it's unregulated and the amps will not be limited. What have you been vaping the Nautilus on? I don't own one but i have vaped a kanger with 1.8ohm coils on an ego before and it was great. Have you even tried it yet? Why don't you just try and let us know how it goes? Also what exact type of 18650 battery are you using? All this aside, why ask us when you can just try it out? Your not going to hurt anything by just trying.

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, i just noticed from another thread of yours you have a Sigelei. Just use that for now till you get in what you want to use with the Nemesis. *shrugs*

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey cloud pusher.. I do have the Sigelei but as u can see I am having issues with it.. I ordered a kick for the nemy. I am going to retire the Sigelei when I get the kick.. Too many issues with the Sigelei. May buy a DNA in the future tor replace it.

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll take it off your hands. :D

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Btw did you try the nautilus on the nemesis yet? They also have a new vertical coil that just came out for it also. Sounds interesting. If i had one i'd try that new coil out.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cloud pusher u can have it when I retire it.. I will PM u when the time comes if u were serious.. I am using the BVC Coil in my nautilus and let me tell u it is the best mass produced coil I have ever vaped. Flavor is crazy

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, i'm serious. I would love to have it and would have no problem giving you my address and paying for the shipping even. If you have paypal, I can just transfer it into your account. It will go to a good home. Cheers!

I may just get a nautilus next time i have the money for one to try out.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well then it is yours. fasttech is scheduled to ship my kick on the second so probably in two weeks..

CloudPusher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool : D

I'll keep an eye out for your PM.

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
IMO, mechs are better for lower resistance coils. They will fire higher resistances, but when you factor in voltage drop, you're not going to get a consistent 4.2v, even on a fresh battery. Factor in the speed in which a battery will drain from 4.2 to 4v and down to 3.8/3.9v and you're really no better off unless you use a kick 2 or a similar add-on.

Of course, it depends on how you vape and what you like. That's my person opinion. For me, higher resistances stay on regulated devices that can push 15-30w at least and lower resistances (1 ohm and below) stay on the mechs. If the regulated device can fire the lower resistances, and I'm going to be out and about, then they'll go on the regulated.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey cloud pusher.. I do have the Sigelei but as u can see I am having issues with it.. I ordered a kick for the nemy. I am going to retire the Sigelei when I get the kick.. Too many issues with the Sigelei. May buy a DNA in the future tor replace it.
Yeah man a DNA or 50watt box will rock your socks I still like my Mechs but only for very low ohm builds anything above .5 ohms I use the DNA or the IPV50 get one the only prob with the kick is adjusting the silly voltage have to take it apart etc blah blah

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IMO, mechs are better for lower resistance coils. They will fire higher resistances, but when you factor in voltage drop, you're not going to get a consistent 4.2v, even on a fresh battery. Factor in the speed in which a battery will drain from 4.2 to 4v and down to 3.8/3.9v and you're really no better off unless you use a kick 2 or a similar add-on.

Of course, it depends on how you vape and what you like. That's my person opinion. For me, higher resistances stay on regulated devices that can push 15-30w at least and lower resistances (1 ohm and below) stay on the mechs. If the regulated device can fire the lower resistances, and I'm going to be out and about, then they'll go on the regulated.
I agree a good 30w box or tube will do wonders for him

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree a good 30w box or tube will do wonders for him

Completely agree - If you're a high resistance vaper, you don't really need the 50-100w boxes. A 30w box mod, or even a 20w (to save a little) would be perfect.

That said, I'm not downing the Nemesis (or the clones) - I own a clone and love it for what it is :). It's a nice, slim mech and in 18650 mode, the entire mod is covered by my hand, so it's not too small or to big (like an SVD in 18650 mode, for example). It's comfortable and all around, a nice a simple design.

The only suggestion for the Nemesis clone, regardless of who you buy it from, get he magnet upgrade kit from FatDaddyVapes. The clones tend to have a crunchy switch and to me, it was super annoying.

Completely agree - If you're a high resistance vaper, you don't really need the 50-100w boxes. A 30w box mod, or even a 20w (to save a little) would be perfect.

That said, I'm not downing the Nemesis (or the clones) - I own a clone and love it for what it is :). It's a nice, slim mech and in 18650 mode, the entire mod is covered by my hand, so it's not too small or to big (like an SVD in 18650 mode, for example). It's comfortable and all around, a nice a simple design.

The only suggestion for the Nemesis clone, regardless of who you buy it from, get he magnet upgrade kit from FatDaddyVapes. The clones tend to have a crunchy switch and to me, it was super annoying.
Just be careful with that upgrade kit....a Friend of mine put it on his and had all sorts of shorting problems! He finally just switched it back to the original.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just be careful with that upgrade kit....a Friend of mine put it on his and had all sorts of shorting problems! He finally just switched it back to the original.

Really? Hmm, all three of my Nemi's have been converted to magnets without issue. Not with the FDV kit though.

VU Sponsors