Become a Patron!

Never going back!

Blade

Member For 4 Years
Hey guys, I'm Blade and I'm the noobiest noob there is. I'm a 36 year old man and I've been smoking since I was 18. A few months ago I got a coupon in the mail for a free Vuse e-cig with a free refill. I've always wanted to try an e-cig but never got around to it, and here was my chance. I vaped both carts in about a day and a half and was pretty happy with it, until I went back to the store to get refills and saw how much they were. I was blown away by how expensive they were. It would cost me more to switch to that e-cig than it would to keep smoking regular cigarettes, so I lost all hope in quitting smoking. The thought of the whole experience never really left my mind until about a week and a half ago. And then (because I'm a dumbass) I realized that maybe I should do some research online before I totally give up on e-cigs. I spent hours doing research on vaping gear and e-juice online and found some really good prices from certified dealers. Keep in mind that my city doesn't have any vapor shops that I can simply drive to. After a couple of days, I took the chance. Online I bought a simple 1100mah eGo T blister starter kit with a spare 1100mah battery, a few spare CE4 tanks, and a 50 ml bottle of vanilla e-juice with 18 mg of nicotine. I got my order in the mail a couple days ago, charged my batteries and starting vaping. Two days went by and I realized that I haven't even looked at a pack of cigarettes and I'm 100 percent sure I never will. My goal is to slowly reduce the amount of nicotine in my e-juice until I get to zero, then I'm going to vape for the sheer pleasure of it. I'm already looking at upgrading to an X6 variable voltage battery with a Protank 3 lol. I'm super happy with vaping and I'm never going back to cigarettes. Thank you for taking the time to read my story and I hope maybe it might inspire another vape noob like me. Be well and vape on!

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Always good to hear of a new non-smoker.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Congrats...im one year now off cigs and its been alot of fun so far with all these choices and trying new things...Give it a few months and youll be wanting alot more than you actually need..It becomes a hobby of sorts, to alot.

Youll be wanting to replace those ego batteries and tank in no time...lol

Welcome to VU.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Congrats dude!!!! you definitely started at a good time with so many options out there for gear and liquid!

Enjoy It!!!

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Ray, I'll look into it.
Oh you're welcome and I wouldn't worry about dropping till you buy more.

A good device recommendation when you get your fill of what you have.

An Egrip with the rebuildable kit to save on buying coils. Check'em on youtube. Clouds that make ya go Holy shit!

Blade

Member For 4 Years
Oh you're welcome and I wouldn't worry about dropping till you buy more.

A good device recommendation when you get your fill of what you have.

An Egrip with the rebuildable kit to save on buying coils. Check'em on youtube. Clouds that make ya go Holy shit!
Dropping? I'll have to research that one. Once I start saving huge because I kicked cigarettes in the balls, I'll check out upgrades lol.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe he meant dripping?
Autocorrect doesn't like words that sound symptomatic of an STD

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I quit with an aspire cf vv battery and aspire ET-S tank, started on 12mg. I switched to a 20 watt istick with a mini nautilus and instantly had to drop from 12 to 6mg. 12 was just too much in that setup.

My point is, sometimes your gear will MAKE you drop to a lower level lol

Blade

Member For 4 Years
I quit with an aspire cf vv battery and aspire ET-S tank, started on 12mg. I switched to a 20 watt istick with a mini nautilus and instantly had to drop from 12 to 6mg. 12 was just too much in that setup.

My point is, sometimes your gear will MAKE you drop to a lower level lol
I see what you mean. Right now my simple eGo produces a vape cloud kinda like an analog, which suits my needs for now, but later I'm gonna want more, and I imagine 18mg might be too much for bigger clouds.

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I see what you mean. Right now my simple eGo produces a vape cloud kinda like an analog, which suits my needs for now, but later I'm gonna want more, and I imagine 18mg might be too much for bigger clouds.
Yessir, absolutely.

I wanted a little more umph and wound up with a 50 watt istick and a delta II tank. It is a cloud chucker for sure. If I put 12mg in it, it would kill me.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When I was using egos and an MVP with an evod tank I was on 18mg, I wen to a kayfun/provari and dropped it to 12.
Now I'm on drippers, either an erlkonign or awuav2 and DNA mod or mechs and 3mg

MirkoGradski

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Blade congrats man welcome to the community.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys, I'm Blade and I'm the noobiest noob there is. I'm a 36 year old man and I've been smoking since I was 18. A few months ago I got a coupon in the mail for a free Vuse e-cig with a free refill. I've always wanted to try an e-cig but never got around to it, and here was my chance. I vaped both carts in about a day and a half and was pretty happy with it, until I went back to the store to get refills and saw how much they were. I was blown away by how expensive they were. It would cost me more to switch to that e-cig than it would to keep smoking regular cigarettes, so I lost all hope in quitting smoking. The thought of the whole experience never really left my mind until about a week and a half ago. And then (because I'm a dumbass) I realized that maybe I should do some research online before I totally give up on e-cigs. I spent hours doing research on vaping gear and e-juice online and found some really good prices from certified dealers. Keep in mind that my city doesn't have any vapor shops that I can simply drive to. After a couple of days, I took the chance. Online I bought a simple 1100mah eGo T blister starter kit with a spare 1100mah battery, a few spare CE4 tanks, and a 50 ml bottle of vanilla e-juice with 18 mg of nicotine. I got my order in the mail a couple days ago, charged my batteries and starting vaping. Two days went by and I realized that I haven't even looked at a pack of cigarettes and I'm 100 percent sure I never will. My goal is to slowly reduce the amount of nicotine in my e-juice until I get to zero, then I'm going to vape for the sheer pleasure of it. I'm already looking at upgrading to an X6 variable voltage battery with a Protank 3 lol. I'm super happy with vaping and I'm never going back to cigarettes. Thank you for taking the time to read my story and I hope maybe it might inspire another vape noob like me. Be well and vape on!
Nice :)

Welcome!

Blade

Member For 4 Years
No, thank YOU! By quitting smoking, you are helping us all stick it to big tobacco. They can shove those stank sticks.

We are legion.
Well it's been about 4 days and I'm still vaping. I need to reduce my nicotine level to 12mg though,too much throat hit lol.

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You won't even notice the drop from 18 to 12, other than it being smoother. Stick with it man, you can do it! :thumbup:

VU Sponsors