Become a Patron!

New Aegis Legend with liquid in it?

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
>>Never mind me so stupid. Perfectly normal when I turn on lights in here duh. The top 3rd of display is lighter(blank) except for a "swoosh" going up the left side almost to top. As I might have thought it is designed that way. Oops. My bad. It is seemingly high quality and got rave reviews. Sorry for my own stupidity!

WTF? It is waterproof. There is seemingly liquid on left upper portion of display. Unless there is a darker space there? It came from sealed box. It is nice otherwise. Cannot see it at all when screen is on. If I press it does not "squish" around so thinking this may be how they are? Like some LCD's have a "permanent segment"? Is this how the screen looks or something very strange? It is where the border of watts screen is so thinking perhaps normal? Just want to know if blank screen looks like this or RMA? For $50 it is decent. If liquid is indeed in a waterproof mod out of box that is very odd? Anyone look at yours please? Thanks

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
>>Never mind me so stupid. Perfectly normal when I turn on lights in here duh. The top 3rd of display is lighter(blank) except for a "swoosh" going up the left side almost to top. As I might have thought it is designed that way. Oops. My bad. It is seemingly high quality and got rave reviews. Sorry for my own stupidity!

WTF? It is waterproof. There is seemingly liquid on left upper portion of display. Unless there is a darker space there? It came from sealed box. It is nice otherwise. Cannot see it at all when screen is on. If I press it does not "squish" around so thinking this may be how they are? Like some LCD's have a "permanent segment"? Is this how the screen looks or something very strange? It is where the border of watts screen is so thinking perhaps normal? Just want to know if blank screen looks like this or RMA? For $50 it is decent. If liquid is indeed in a waterproof mod out of box that is very odd? Anyone look at yours please? Thanks
It is waterproof. The liquid is actually stuck between the screen protector and the actual screen. It's a known problem that I and many others have had. Two ways to get the juice out.

1.)Take out the batteries, wrap a rubber band around the fire button and leave the mod on a desk upside down. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

2.) Take the back end of your ceramic tweezers and pry up the screen protector from the sides. Do it gently. Screen protector comes off, clean it and reinstall. Be careful not to hit the double sided tape with cleaner. Someone posted a video of this on YT. Hope this helped.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HMM, this actually seems like due to the pattern of the "blotch" it is intended. Remember this was out of the box. Regardless, liquid in a waterproof mod? Ooos Chinese.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, it is certainly juice. Was in pattern that looked natural but pooled at bottom. How is this waterproof? $50 bucks but why I buy only Mods from established countries. Bought on a Whim for work truck beat the snot out of it building fences etc.

VU Sponsors