Become a Patron!

New Aspire Cleito 0.27-ohm Coil

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, pardon me for asking the obvious, but they've already got 0.2- and 0.4-ohm Kanthal dual Claptons. What is the point in making a 0.27, especially when its wattage range is already completely covered by the 0.4? Why not branch out further and try an SS or a TC coil? It's probable that this thing can handle more power than the 0.4 as I never take mine above 40 watts or I get a burnt/hot vapor, but the 0.2 starts at 55 watts so it can handle the new coil's top end already. Is it possible that they realized how superior the 0.4 coil is to the 0.2 in flavor and are trying to make a lower-resistance coil with the same flavor production as the 0.4, but slightly lower resistance?

I'm befuddled. This move just doesn't make any sense to me. Any ideas why they've chosen to go this route instead of doing something more creative with their first addition to the Cleito coil line?

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Come on, nobody has any idea why Aspire came out with this coil? It doesn't make much sense when they've already got the 0.2- and 0.4-ohm coils. Anybody?

cleito%20coils.png

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That doesn't make sense.
I would love if they made a bigger version of this tank and had 100+ watt coils. It's so simple and easy to use.

iVape524

Member For 4 Years
According to vapor trails on YouTube, there are now SS coils and an incoming RTA. I for one have the SS coils on the way. I love you temp control so I'm very excited. .27 coils don't make sense lol

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
.27 Ohm @ 4 volts is 59 watts, and 14 something amps....

Sounds like a coil made just for a semi mech type mod.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder how they compare to the tasteless 0.2s and the flavorful 0.4s?
As I read through all kinds of posts about the .2 and .4 coil for this Aspire Cleito it seems it is a 50/50 on those that claim one does better than the other.
Me personally I like the flavor from the .2.
Its obviously a difference of personal preference as well as difference in juice.
I get more dry hits on the .4 than the .2.
But like I said, from all the posts I have read it seems to be equally matched in opinions.

As for the new .27 coil, I've not tried them yet but tempted to since I am ready to order replacement coils now.
I may just add some .27 just to see for myself.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I read through all kinds of posts about the .2 and .4 coil for this Aspire Cleito it seems it is a 50/50 on those that claim one does better than the other.
Me personally I like the flavor from the .2.
Its obviously a difference of personal preference as well as difference in juice.
I get more dry hits on the .4 than the .2.
But like I said, from all the posts I have read it seems to be equally matched in opinions.

As for the new .27 coil, I've not tried them yet but tempted to since I am ready to order replacement coils now.
I may just add some .27 just to see for myself.
I just saw that My Vapor Store has the SS 0.4s. It should work in both VW and TC mode. I'm going to grab a pack of those today and see how they compare to both the kanthal coils. I love the Crown SS coils. I also love the flavor on the original 0.4 Cleitos, so my hope is that switching to SS will only make the flavor even better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I tried the 0.2 on my mech mod and it just didn't quite cut it, tried the .4 which was a little more than I wanted. The 0.27 was perfect for it! Obviously as I cant vary the wattage the really specific coil made a massive difference. The flavour from it is immense!

The 0.27 ohm coil works best in the K4 Kits (an Aspire Starter Kit which uses the Cleito tank). We've tried the 0.2 ohm and 0.4 ohm on the battery that comes in this kit, and, for some reason, the 0.27 ohm works best.

I'm glad I saw this. I was looking for the 0.27 and very few stores have it, and a few of them list the 0.2 and 0.4 as replacements, but I did find the 0.27 in stock at a store so I stocked up, and I got another K4 Quick Start Kit, since I love it.

I have an Eleaf iStick Pico and use a Cleito tank with it. I have been trying the .27 coils and can't seem to get them to work to my satisfaction. In order to get a decent hit I have to run them at the higher end of the range (50+ W), which heats the tank up more than I'd like and also kills my battery. It also seems like I have to take a longer hit to get even feel like I'm getting anything at all, which then also kills the battery faster. I'll start getting the "weak battery" message when it shows as as over 50% remaining on the mod, and then when I take it out and put it in the charger, it's at like 67-70% . I even got a new battery yesterday to see if that would make a difference, but I run into the same thing.

I prime them just as I would any other coil, starting at a lower wattage and working my way up, but I read on another forum that these take a lot longer to prime?

Anyone else experiencing this? My mod goes up to 75w, so I wouldn't think that's the issue, but maybe I need a better mod?

With the .4 coils I can run them at around 40w and get a good hit as soon as I start pressing the button. I can run the battery down to about 35% before I start getting the "weak battery" notification on the mod.

VU Sponsors