Become a Patron!

New coil, good clouds but zero flavor.. Help!

Hi guys,

I'm new around here and been lurking for a while now and i have a question.

I've been vaping on my wismec RX200 with griffin RTA on dual coil made of kanthal wire giving me .26 ohm without any problem, just beautiful.

Then i had to travel and didn;t have access to any of my build kit and my coil was burned so i had to opt out for a quick solution and got some pre build coil, they are Clapton coils with 0.45 ohm each, dual build gave me 0.26 ohms.

I had to up the wattage to from 40w to 65w to get a decent pull with decent clouds, but for the life of me i can't taste anything! i'm using the same juice, but no flavor, none whatsoever! PLEASE HELP.

Is there something i did wrong?

sorry for the bad grammer..

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
up the wattage to from 40w to 65w to get a decent pull with decent clouds
This is due to having more wire in the build then what you are used to. Clapton coils have the outer wrap, therefor more wire density, therefor more wattage needed to heat them up.

Did you wick it the same as you have been?

The coils that you purchased? What ID are they, wire type (KA1, Ni80), how many wraps ?
There are variables that you have not provided so it is difficult to say.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi guys,

I'm new around here and been lurking for a while now and i have a question.

I've been vaping on my wismec RX200 with griffin RTA on dual coil made of kanthal wire giving me .26 ohm without any problem, just beautiful.

Then i had to travel and didn;t have access to any of my build kit and my coil was burned so i had to opt out for a quick solution and got some pre build coil, they are Clapton coils with 0.45 ohm each, dual build gave me 0.26 ohms.

I had to up the wattage to from 40w to 65w to get a decent pull with decent clouds, but for the life of me i can't taste anything! i'm using the same juice, but no flavor, none whatsoever! PLEASE HELP.

Is there something i did wrong?

sorry for the bad grammer..
Don't think you did anything wrong. claptons have more mass then regular round wire so they need more watts to produce vapor. I'd try raising it more until you get the flavor you want.

as far as the resistance that is fine. if they are labeled .45 it would be about a .23 in dual coils. .26 is acceptable as all mods read a little different (plus the mods add a little resistance) and the .45 label on the coil isn't exact. they could be .48. so the resistance is just fine

the third thing is it could be vapors tongue. try vaping a menthol or drinking lots of water and coffee.

VU Sponsors