Do the black gloves come with it?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Once you get past the learning for the first time it becomes second nature where you can probably do it blindfolded .

I think these coil devices are attractive to someone just starting out who may not think they can do it (any many are intimidated actually) but once they wrap on a drill bit i think all these are just an unnecessary waste of money .

Thirty five buck's , holy cow , that is insane . Joe listed some coil jigs that would work perfectly fine on his blog a while back for under five bucks if you really wanted a device to wrap coils with.

RoccoV

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Once you get past the learning for the first time it becomes second nature where you can probably do it blindfolded .

I think these coil devices are attractive to someone just starting out who may not think they can do it (any many are intimidated actually) but once they wrap on a drill bit i think all these are just an unnecessary waste of money .

Thirty five buck's , holy cow , that is insane . Joe listed some coil jigs that would work perfectly fine on his blog a while back for under five bucks if you really wanted a device to wrap coils with.
You hit it exactly sir. I felt very intimidated on my first few wraps. Once done and firing the confidence builds(pun intended). Enjoy the day!:cool:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wmo46O3.jpg

XJJ4azc.jpg

eFE8Jju.jpg

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The only thing that i have seen that i thought was brilliant was the one below , check out the video , that coil is perfection , so cheap and simple to build as well .

Coil_Jig.JPG

L

Lighty269

I posted this because I thought this was pretty nice, but $35.00 is just plain old crazy!

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I posted this because I thought this was pretty nice, but $35.00 is just plain old crazy!

I appreciate you posting things you find as i'm sure others do as well , weighing the cost against it's usefulness is a factor but some people buy stuff regardless of cost if it appeals to them so i'm sure you made some sales for that person.

Keep them coming my friend.

90quattrocoupe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is also a rip off of a Kuro Koiler, which is patent pending. The KK will be cheaper.

LucidiousRage

The "X Wick" Man!
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
Founding Vendor
VU Wholeseller
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Hi all :) Happy to see the discussion here & wanted to clear up a few things.

1) Is it expensive? Yes it is. $35 is a lot for a coil jig, but then again, so is my wholesale cost for the unit... My margins are very thin on it, but I wanted to get it to provide it for anyone interested.That's why I did it as a "pre-buy" instead of investing on it and then selling it. I didn't to take the risk for something that I'm basically making very very little on in terms of profit, but wanted to offer it to see if anyone would want in on it if we could make it to 100 units. As it turns out, there was a lot of interest in it :)

2) Are people interested? Yes, they are, I sold the 100 in about 24 hours which wasn't super fast but also wasn't very slow. I am keeping 2 of them for myself.

3) Like it or not, there are a lot of people (myself included) that don't mind paying a little for something that they feel is worth it. As simple as this device appears to make building standard, parallel, twisted etc, coils... it seems like a win/win. And considering that you would only ever need 1 for all the years of vaping, what is $35 really? not much.

4) It's one of those items, if ya like it, buy it, if you think it's too expensive, continue using a nail, drill bit, $3 mandrel, screw driver set, or just wrap directly on the wick! :) I personally have and do use all of these things to wrap a coil, and they all work well. I'm keeping two of these coil jigs, because it seems to make it even easier, so I figure, what the hell, why not?

5) "Kuro Koiler" - Sounds very promising! I would LOVE to know more about it if you have any info as I would gladly stock that as well for another option. I tried googling it but couldn't find anything, I even searched pending patents for it and came up dry. If you know where I can find the info for it, I would love to know because I'd be happy to see if I could get it at a reduced price to pass the savings on and offer another option for my customers! :)

6) Speaking of cost, I just got word that the ez coiler that I sold is going up by $5 - the MSRP from the manufacturer is going to be set at $39.99

Thanks for all of the info in this thread and thanks for participating in the VapingUnderground!

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi all :) Happy to see the discussion here & wanted to clear up a few things.

1) Is it expensive? Yes it is. $35 is a lot for a coil jig, but then again, so is my wholesale cost for the unit... My margins are very thin on it, but I wanted to get it to provide it for anyone interested.That's why I did it as a "pre-buy" instead of investing on it and then selling it. I didn't to take the risk for something that I'm basically making very very little on in terms of profit, but wanted to offer it to see if anyone would want in on it if we could make it to 100 units. As it turns out, there was a lot of interest in it :)

2) Are people interested? Yes, they are, I sold the 100 in about 24 hours which wasn't super fast but also wasn't very slow. I am keeping 2 of them for myself.

3) Like it or not, there are a lot of people (myself included) that don't mind paying a little for something that they feel is worth it. As simple as this device appears to make building standard, parallel, twisted etc, coils... it seems like a win/win. And considering that you would only ever need 1 for all the years of vaping, what is $35 really? not much.

4) It's one of those items, if ya like it, buy it, if you think it's too expensive, continue using a nail, drill bit, $3 mandrel, screw driver set, or just wrap directly on the wick! :) I personally have and do use all of these things to wrap a coil, and they all work well. I'm keeping two of these coil jigs, because it seems to make it even easier, so I figure, what the hell, why not?

5) "Kuro Koiler" - Sounds very promising! I would LOVE to know more about it if you have any info as I would gladly stock that as well for another option. I tried googling it but couldn't find anything, I even searched pending patents for it and came up dry. If you know where I can find the info for it, I would love to know because I'd be happy to see if I could get it at a reduced price to pass the savings on and offer another option for my customers! :)

6) Speaking of cost, I just got word that the ez coiler that I sold is going up by $5 - the MSRP from the manufacturer is going to be set at $39.99

Thanks for all of the info in this thread and thanks for participating in the VapingUnderground!

Nobody is claiming you are responsible for the cost , if the manufacturer charges that much wholesale then vendors need to weigh whether this is something that is profitable enough for them to offer and you think it is .

Nothing wrong with that . As i said, of course there will be people who buy it , people pay $12.00 for a bottle of Bud at some NYC nightclubs so money isn't a factor for some as it is for others.

Price is going up huh , anyone who pays $35.00 for this kind of device will most likely not sweat another $5.00 , will it sell nearly as much as if the price was more reasonable , of course not but nothing surprising there .

Good luck with it and keep offering new and exciting things , we vapors appreciate it , although are wallets may feel differently .

LucidiousRage

The "X Wick" Man!
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
Founding Vendor
VU Wholeseller
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Nobody is claiming you are responsible for the cost.

Oh, I know you weren't @VH fan :) That's the thing that stinks about text, it's so hard to show expressions in it :) I merely wanted to point out that it's "not me that is charging too much" - You know... it's the ol' "it's not me, it's them defense" lol (which in this case truly is the case unfortunately).

I would love for it to be cheaper and I've asked for ways that I could reduce my cost... the answer is that I will save $2 on my cost if I buy over 200 on my next purchase, which was explained to me would be the lowest they could go.

So for now, I'll keep searching for the next best coil jig which will hopefully be better than this one and at a more reasonable price :) Let's all cross our fingers.

As it is for now, I'm going to wait to buy any more until I find out more about the "Kuro Koiler" that was mentioned :)

90quattrocoupe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

This YouTube video seems to predate yours by a few months.

LucidiousRage

The "X Wick" Man!
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
Founding Vendor
VU Wholeseller
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
This YouTube video seems to predate yours by a few months

Just for clarification, it isn't "mine" - I didn't design, make or manufacture it, I only bought it from a supplier.

It looks pretty cool, I wonder if the one that I am selling is actually the people who made that one, only now it's no longer a prototype? I couldn't find anything about the one you posted, so I don't know, but it looks so similar in design, I would say either 1 of 2 things happened, either A) The one I'm selling is a "release" version of the one you showed, or B) The one I'm selling is an improvement over the one you showed?

I say improvement because that one looks huge, mine is small, and the one I'm selling is a 3 piece set, which handles 6 different coil sizes and wire from 16 to 30 gauge standard, twisted, or parallel.

If they are in fact two different ones, the price would be the big deciding factor I'm sure.

L

Lighty269

Like I stated before I think this unit is very nice! Just the price point is high.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, I know you weren't @VH fan :) That's the thing that stinks about text, it's so hard to show expressions in it :) I merely wanted to point out that it's "not me that is charging too much" - You know... it's the ol' "it's not me, it's them defense" lol (which in this case truly is the case unfortunately).

I would love for it to be cheaper and I've asked for ways that I could reduce my cost... the answer is that I will save $2 on my cost if I buy over 200 on my next purchase, which was explained to me would be the lowest they could go.

So for now, I'll keep searching for the next best coil jig which will hopefully be better than this one and at a more reasonable price :) Let's all cross our fingers.

As it is for now, I'm going to wait to buy any more until I find out more about the "Kuro Koiler" that was mentioned :)

Not going overboard and getting sucked into to buying much more than you initially had intended is a very wise move on your part . Business ventures are always tricky and if your not careful you can get burned real easy .

Sounds to me you carefully weigh the risks and don't give manufacturers the power to dictate whats in your best interest , only you know that .

They will certainly try to do that though , walking away when a deal doesn't feel right and saying that won't work for my business will often cause repeated call backs and better offers.

I think your going to do very well and i wish you much success Jeremy . Love your involvement and attitude about all this , it's great to see.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Like I stated before I think this unit is very nice! Just the price point is high.

No question it's sweet and people are clearly buying it , what LR said about selling it as a three piece set may have something to do with the price .

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thrilled to see the new jig and ordered one as soon as I saw the video on how it works on RBA Supplies. I have hand mobility issues and there are days when picking up a coffee cup is a challenge let alone trying to wrap a coil. I’ve been using another jig (can’t recall the name – got it on Congrevape) which is of some help, but this design should be much easier to use. I know I could buy pre-made coils, but for me, that’s just an admission of defeat. I don’t care how crappy my coils look, I’m making my own, damn it!

I thought the price was very reasonable. My only regret was that I forgot to add in some ReadyXwick to the order to get the 20% discount.

Appreciate you offering this, Lucidious! Those of us with old, painful hands salute you (or, at least we’ll try depending on how bad the pain is that day)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was thrilled to see the new jig and ordered one as soon as I saw the video on how it works on RBA Supplies. I have hand mobility issues and there are days when picking up a coffee cup is a challenge let alone trying to wrap a coil. I’ve been using another jig (can’t recall the name – got it on Congrevape) which is of some help, but this design should be much easier to use. I know I could buy pre-made coils, but for me, that’s just an admission of defeat. I don’t care how crappy my coils look, I’m making my own, damn it!

I thought the price was very reasonable. My only regret was that I forgot to add in some ReadyXwick to the order to get the 20% discount.

Appreciate you offering this, Lucidious! Those of us with old, painful hands salute you (or, at least we’ll try depending on how bad the pain is that day)

Love the attitude , i salute you Sir.

RoccoV

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Did not think about how helpful this would be to some sir. As VH has already stated love your attitude. Enjoy the day!

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Another thing i just realized that relates to your( I don’t care how crappy my coils look) comment Hazozitz .

Most agree that despite the look of fancy coils they really don't vape any better than the simplest ones , you can read others comments about this in the forum for "coils" .

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My funky home brew coiler. Good grip and leverage allows for a lot of tension. Also it's somehow easier now to hold the spool in my winding hand and cut when finished, conserving wire. :)

PB091986 edit.jpg

Still tweaking it. Gonna increase the topmost flat area to allow for longer straighter ends.

Last edited:
L

Lighty269

My home brew drill bit holder. Good grip and leverage allows me to use a lot of tension. Also it's somehow easier now to hold the spool in my winding hand and cut when finished, conserving wire. :)

View attachment 8626

Still tweaking it. Gonna increase the topmost flat area to allow for longer straighter ends.

I think you have something there!

Does the screw hold bit in place, then use the thumb screw to hold the wire?

L

Lighty269

Exactly, two in one. I wanted to minimize the hardware and keep it out of the way of the winding hand.

I want one.........................

I will finance, how much does it cost to make?

We can make some retirement money from this baby.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I want one.........................

I will finance, how much does it cost to make?

We can make some retirement money from this baby.

Would of been better to get a patent on it first before posting for all the World to see.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm taking pre-orders @ a buck two-eighty. Estimated shipping date: day after I lose my job.
No no no.. youre suppose to quit your job, put all your money into making them, sell them for $180 ea, then bitch to high heaven about how you are now starving when the clones come out for $2.50... Dont forget to claim a 'patent' and copyright, and dont forget the vid.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No no no.. youre suppose to quit your job, put all your money into making them, sell them for $180 ea, then bitch to high heaven about how you are now starving when the clones come out for $2.50... Dont forget to claim a 'patent' and copyright, and dont forget the vid.

You're right, dammit. It was my intellectual property as soon as I put that nut on that screw! :p

Last edited:
L

Lighty269

Seriously! We are having fun, but but at the same time, his idea is genius!

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seriously! We are having fun, but but at the same time, his idea is genius!

Problem is i don't think the OP thinks it's genius , i think he thinks it's very cool and a great idea as most of us do but if he really thought it was a game changer he definitely would have not revealed it for anyone to steal the idea , just my opinion of course.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Problem is i don't think the OP thinks it's genius , i think he thinks it's very cool and a great idea as most of us do but if he really thought it was a game changer he definitely would have not revealed it for anyone to steal the idea , just my opinion of course.

Right, @VH fan, though I don't even think it's really cool or great. It's just a functional improvement over the typical cheapo coilers for the reasons I already said. I posted it, as I do with much of my DIY vape stuff, to show that you can throw one together that works better than most you can buy. And, more generally, that you can improve upon practically anything hereabouts. :)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Damn! You guys are to hard, here I give a compliment and you folks .................

I haven't heard anybody say they didn't think it was great , i just give the OP a little more credit and believe he knows exactly what he's doing . His posting of it will help tons of people and i bet many are already trying to copy the design .

My comments are by no means intended to downplay or criticize the OP in any way , i am truly sorry if anyone takes them that way.

He deserves a lot of credit and thank you's , no doubt.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. Please, copy. Improve. Share. :)

No need to grant permission , my guess is it's already been done ever since you first released the picture lol.

How would you feel if you saw your invention making someone else rich , pretty pissed i would assume .

VU Sponsors