Become a Patron!

New Coil Tastes Burnt?

So I've just replaced my coil and let it soak for about 15 minutes before taking the first puff. It has a burnt taste, but not like a burnt coil. It's hard to describe but it makes me shudder and it sucks because this juice is really good but it's being ruined by this burning taste. Any ideas? Thanks!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shit happens, I'd try changing the coil. Many times factory coils are defective.

You'll have others answer you too, but welcome to VU.......:vino:

Shit happens, I'd try changing the coil. Many times factory coils are defective.

You'll have others answer you too, but welcome to VU.......:vino:
Thank you for the welcome! So I tried cleaning everything and when that didn't work, I replaced the coil. This new coil, after being primed and sitting in a full tank for about 10 minutes, still has that burntish taste. It's like the juice isn't being pulled into the coil as well as with the last coil. This kinda sucks as I can only find these coils in a 3 pack and I'm down to the last one. I'm hoping it goes away after a couple more puffs and some more sitting

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If your using a regulated mod, try turning the power down. Many manufacturers inflate the recommended wattage of their coils.

If your using a regulated mod, try turning the power down. Many manufacturers inflate the recommended wattage of their coils.
I'll try that. I've been on 65W for almost a year now, buying coils centered around that preference and the first coil of this pack lasted a good 3 weeks I believe and was great at that setting.

Cranking it down to 60 brought out the flavor a bit more but it still has a like a dry air feel at the end of the puff

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What mod and atomizer are you using?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, I'm not familiar with either. Perhaps someone will chime in who knows about that setup.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like wire mesh RDA/RTA. Something I might consider doing is stripping the atty down, dunk it in a pan of boiling water. Dry it off and let it air dry for a little. Put a build on it then but do not wick. Run some low and short pulses on it. Bring your coil/mesh up to a nice gentle orange red glow. Once you see that your glow is even all the way through your coil or mesh you can let it cool and wick it. If you're using cotton wick you might experiment with using rayon instead, or vise versa.

Hope this helps. I've not tried any mesh RDA/RTA yet but figure some general advice is that across most atties. From the sounds of to me, there's a burnt in flavor to the atty itself. A good boiling out might help. This happens from time to time & often frustrates many folks. The metal in the atty soaks in the flavor, even the one dry hit flavor. Then, it releases that every time it's used. Boiling gets it hot enough to purge it out of the metal.

VU Sponsors