New FT DNA 30

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just got one of these in the mail , biggest thing i noticed about it compared to my Cloupor is the superior battery life , like night and day actually , a huge difference.

Both work well but no more turning on and off for no reason like the Cloupor , thats a relief , thats got to have something to do with the superior battery life.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Great to hear!

I love those little suckers.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure how it will hold up in the long run but i mainly bought it to replace the chip anyway . I am extremely shocked at the battery longevity differences though , on the Cloupor i would be down half at this point and with the FT it's still right at the top , same settings.

For the money spent i think they are excellent bang for your buck devices. I recently saw new Cloupor hana enclosures with an Evolv DNA 40 chip being offered on a certain website (got to remember which one) for $115.00 .

If anyone likes the form factor of the Hana box but doesn't want to deal with installing an authentic DNA 40 chip themselves it may be worthwhile.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Just got one of these in the mail , biggest thing i noticed about it compared to my Cloupor is the superior battery life , like night and day actually , a huge difference.

Both work well but no more turning on and off for no reason like the Cloupor , thats a relief , thats got to have something to do with the superior battery life.

The battery life stealing of the Cloupor is a pain in the arse .. Glad that you got something that works better. :)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The battery life stealing of the Cloupor is a pain in the arse .. Glad that you got something that works better. :)

Well lets hope i got one that turns out to not have serious issues like you read about all the time . To be fair most of the negative feedback on these is from earlier editions but even today they can be hit or miss .

I guess thats what you deal with when you spend under the $50.00 mark. I just love the form factor on these things , thats my main attraction to them , i like them better than designs like the Ipv mini and the like .

If i was able to get a YiHi chip in one all the better but i'll use this one till it expires as my intention was to replace the chip anyway with a legit Evolv chip anyway .

Rumors have it that Evolv is going to be releasing a 25 watt temperature controlled chip and thats perfect for me. I cannot believe the superior battery life with this thing though , it's amazing .

Keep up the great work with mod reviewing , wish i could get my hands on some of those lol.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Well lets hope i got one that turns out to not have serious issues like you read about all the time . To be fair most of the negative feedback on these is from earlier editions but even today they can be hit or miss .

I guess thats what you deal with when you spend under the $50.00 mark. I just love the form factor on these things , thats my main attraction to them , i like them better than designs like the Ipv mini and the like .

If i was able to get a YiHi chip in one all the better but i'll use this one till it expires as my intention was to replace the chip anyway with a legit Evolv chip anyway .

Rumors have it that Evolv is going to be releasing a 25 watt temperature controlled chip and thats perfect for me. I cannot believe the superior battery life with this thing though , it's amazing .

Keep up the great work with mod reviewing , wish i could get my hands on some of those lol.

That is very true .. I have heard a couple of positive feedbacks on the DNA 30 from FT recently, so its reasonable to believe that those early issues have been worked out. :)

Oh, and I have to tell you that I checked my IPV Mini's screen again today right before I started shooting pics and you were right .. my screen did have a protective film on it, but it was a very thin, and hard to detect film :oops: I was laughing so hard, but of course I was a bit happier to see a crystal clear, mirror reflecting display screen :D

You should consider product reviewing hun .. I think you would do well at it. ;)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I hope it does not catch on fire did you take the little red topper off to see if the glue is covering the chips if it is scrape it off many of the overheating probs are associated with this.... worst that can happen man is it can catch on fire like my Cana did and burn the crap out of me vent the batter and smell up the house for a day

@VH fan
I am guessing and I am a betting man that since you got one this will be the outcome!! ;)

nuke.gif

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VH I have no idea of sizes or room you have to work with, but the 350 chip from YiHi is really quite badass. The display is a bit crowded compared to the Evolv but the more I use it, the more I am enjoying the ability to really dial in my personal preference. I also like that I don't have to learn a whole new coil technique to get optimal performance from it. I love my VS rdna 30, but if you are planning a replacement on this chip, the 350 seems to be a step ahead of the Evolv 30 if it will fit. 2 cents added.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hope it does not catch on fire did you take the little red topper off to see if the glue is covering the chips if it is scrape it off many of the overheating probs are associated with this.... worst that can happen man is it can catch on fire like my Cana did and burn the crap out of me vent the batter and smell up the house for a day

@VH fan
I am guessing and I am a betting man that since you got one this will be the outcome!! ;)

nuke.gif

Well thats a given , of course it will catch fire and burn my house to the ground ( and of course i will have zero insurance ) , i expect nothing less actually LOL.

I did pry that cover off and only a dab of hot glue but it's not on the chip . They should just use a cradle .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VH I have no idea of sizes or room you have to work with, but the 350 chip from YiHi is really quite badass. The display is a bit crowded compared to the Evolv but the more I use it, the more I am enjoying the ability to really dial in my personal preference. I also like that I don't have to learn a whole new coil technique to get optimal performance from it. I love my VS rdna 30, but if you are planning a replacement on this chip, the 350 seems to be a step ahead of the Evolv 30 if it will fit. 2 cents added.

Thanks , yeah the SX 350 is a killer chip , it's very flexible in what it can do . I have looked into other YiHi chips as well but it seems nobody really offers them for sale .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is very true .. I have heard a couple of positive feedbacks on the DNA 30 from FT recently, so its reasonable to believe that those early issues have been worked out. :)

Oh, and I have to tell you that I checked my IPV Mini's screen again today right before I started shooting pics and you were right .. my screen did have a protective film on it, but it was a very thin, and hard to detect film :oops: I was laughing so hard, but of course I was a bit happier to see a crystal clear, mirror reflecting display screen :D

You should consider product reviewing hun .. I think you would do well at it. ;)

Thanks my friend , yeah , that seemingly invisible thin film on the screens of new mods fools the best of them, and you certainly are one of the best at what you do , no question about it , (and i might add my personal favorite) review Goddess .

Keep up the great work Nikkita

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One thing i did notice between the Older Cloupor enclosure and the FT enclosure is that the parts are interchangeable , the Cloupor back plate fits perfectly on the FT and vice versa .

Measurements as far as width and height are the same as well . Granted FT has a ton of different versions now but their standard version seems to be the same which i was not aware of .

I was always impressed by the Cloupor enclosures ruggedness but apparently the FT is the same which i was pleased to find out about .

With the FT version having superior battery life over the Cloupor was an added plus of course. It's close to double the battery life actually , very very surprising to say the least .

The FT version never comes on by itself , it stays off and fires quicker than many would have you believe . Fasttech may soon release an enclosure that is more geared for some YiHi chips than the DNA chips , see pic below of enclosure design:

These will most likely be offered in the $15.00 range .

images

Was just on FT's site , i can't confirm this myself but it appears the new DNA 50 watt models have step down capability .

Here is a quote by one member who has one in hand :

Confirmed this device has step down.
I have tested it at 7W, .5 ohm and it reads 1.9v

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
One thing i did notice between the Older Cloupor enclosure and the FT enclosure is that the parts are interchangeable , the Cloupor back plate fits perfectly on the FT and vice versa .

Measurements as far as width and height are the same as well . Granted FT has a ton of different versions now but their standard version seems to be the same which i was not aware of .

I was always impressed by the Cloupor enclosures ruggedness but apparently the FT is the same which i was pleased to find out about .

With the FT version having superior battery life over the Cloupor was an added plus of course. It's close to double the battery life actually , very very surprising to say the least .

The FT version never comes on by itself , it stays off and fires quicker than many would have you believe . Fasttech may soon release an enclosure that is more geared for some YiHi chips than the DNA chips , see pic below of enclosure design:

These will most likely be offered in the $15.00 range .

images

Was just on FT's site , i can't confirm this myself but it appears the new DNA 50 watt models have step down capability .

Here is a quote by one member who has one in hand :

Confirmed this device has step down.
I have tested it at 7W, .5 ohm and it reads 1.9v

Agreed about the Cloupor Cana enclosure, I also like the smooth glossy finish of it as opposed to some of the textured aluminum box finishes. Its as solid as it comes, and was tested via drop test on concrete :D But I think the Cloupor Cana V2 is the only DNA box clone that has the dreaded battery drain, I think .. My Robbot ZNA 30 has the V3 Cloupor chip and it doesn't have battery drain like my V2.

Step down for me is a huge plus, especially at lower resistances, so that is awesome. :)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Agreed about the Cloupor Cana enclosure, I also like the smooth glossy finish of it as opposed to some of the textured aluminum box finishes. Its as solid as it comes, and was tested via drop test on concrete :D But I think the Cloupor Cana V2 is the only DNA box clone that has the dreaded battery drain, I think .. My Robbot ZNA 30 has the V3 Cloupor chip and it doesn't have battery drain like my V2.

Step down for me is a huge plus, especially at lower resistances, so that is awesome. :)

Now thats good news , if your Robbot doesn't have the terrible battery life like the older Cloupor versions maybe they fixed that because it was totally unacceptable to me.

Does your Robbot come on by itself ?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks my friend , yeah , that seemingly invisible thin film on the screens of new mods fools the best of them, and you certainly are one of the best at what you do , no question about it , (and i might add my personal favorite) review Goddess .

Keep up the great work Nikkita
Fooled me on my IPV V3 for a month hahah probably cause I waxed it when I got it and looked normal hehe too funny

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Now thats good news , if your Robbot doesn't have the terrible battery life like the older Cloupor versions maybe they fixed that because it was totally unacceptable to me.

Does your Robbot come on by itself ?

Yes I believe Cloupor fixed that issue by V3, but my Robbot does spontaneously light up though (ZNA 30, but not the 50W). I use it strictly with 18490 batteries, so I am certain there is no battery drain because I would be changing batteries every other hour with only 1100mah.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Fooled me on my IPV V3 for a month hahah probably cause I waxed it when I got it and looked normal hehe too funny

That is hilarious! And makes me feel a little bit better :p

VU Sponsors