Become a Patron!

New Member!

NickDalton

Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone! Just join figured the first thing I need to introduce myself! My name is Nick. I smoked my last cigarette on the 30th of last month. I've been smoke free 5 days now. Between vaping and using smokeless tobacco I've been able to keep myself from going back so far. Hopefully I'll be able to kick cigarettes to the curb. One thing I'm looking forward to is being able to taste my juices better. Not sure when that's supposed to start happening though. Here's a couple pictures.
TFV8 Baby with Drzl juice on the Koopor Plus 200w
51496f69166490b35f82af5d499e4afd.jpg

Vaping at 60 watts
0ff17f6fba21d719b1b705c6b9420a10.jpg

I think I'd like to upgrade my mod and tank soon. I've had this for a year but this is the most I've used it. I used it a lot when I first got it but I messed up and went back to cigarettes. I've tried to quit several times but it hasn't worked. Hopefully I kick the habit this time. If I do end up upgrading what do you guys think I should get? More than likely I'll get the big TFV8 unless there's a tank that goes just as high but looks better. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a good day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hello everyone! Just join figured the first thing I need to introduce myself! My name is Nick. I smoked my last cigarette on the 30th of last month. I've been smoke free 5 days now. Between vaping and using smokeless tobacco I've been able to keep myself from going back so far. Hopefully I'll be able to kick cigarettes to the curb. One thing I'm looking forward to is being able to taste my juices better. Not sure when that's supposed to start happening though. Here's a couple pictures.
TFV8 Baby with Drzl juice on the Koopor Plus 200w
51496f69166490b35f82af5d499e4afd.jpg

Vaping at 60 watts
0ff17f6fba21d719b1b705c6b9420a10.jpg

I think I'd like to upgrade my mod and tank soon. I've had this for a year but this is the most I've used it. I used it a lot when I first got it but I messed up and went back to cigarettes. I've tried to quit several times but it hasn't worked. Hopefully I kick the habit this time. If I do end up upgrading what do you guys think I should get? More than likely I'll get the big TFV8 unless there's a tank that goes just as high but looks better. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a good day!!

Welcome Nick :wave: - and congrats on picking that mod back up and dropping the smokes!

That is actually a pretty good setup you have - if I were in your place, I'd just look at getting a back up for what you have now

Best of luck :)

NickDalton

Member For 4 Years
Welcome Nick :wave: - and congrats on picking that mod back up and dropping the smokes!

That is actually a pretty good setup you have - if I were in your place, I'd just look at getting a back up for what you have now

Best of luck :)

It's not that I'm unsatisfied with the vapor production or anything like that, It's just I feel like having something cooler I guess is the word. Like the RX 200 (I think that's what it's called) you can change the background on the display. I think that's cool. Or one like the Smok alien. Just something different y'know? I quit smoking so new me new mod haha.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well cool shit abounds - and more new everyday, lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm sorry what? Lmao not sure what that's means.

It means welcome to the rabbit hole :giggle:

There is a vaping disease called shinyitis - it makes you want to try every new mod and attie that comes along. Many of us here have that affliction, lol

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are some very good mods/tanks on the hardware thread. Congrats on quitting!! It's hard but you'll findba ton of support here. :) Welcome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

NickDalton

Member For 4 Years
There are some very good mods/tanks on the hardware thread. Congrats on quitting!! It's hard but you'll findba ton of support here. :) Welcome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I've looked and I can't find a thread called hardware. Could you point me in the right direction please?

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the Underground. Congratulations on getting away from the cigarettes. Yea your taste will start coming back the longer you stop smoking. Lots of shiny toys out there.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome to the underground :cheers:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU and vaping, Nick! Don't worry too much about that shinyitis -- the first year, it's important to invest in lots of good hardware, so it's always easier to find something to vape than to run to the store for a pack of smokes! Plus it lets you try out different things, so you can really drill down on what you find the BEST way for YOU to vape -- there are a lot of options!

Welcome! :hug:

Andria

NickDalton

Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU and vaping, Nick! Don't worry too much about that shinyitis -- the first year, it's important to invest in lots of good hardware, so it's always easier to find something to vape than to run to the store for a pack of smokes! Plus it lets you try out different things, so you can really drill down on what you find the BEST way for YOU to vape -- there are a lot of options!

Welcome! :hug:

Andria

I know of a mod and a tank that I really want. They are both really big but they also come with a really big price too haha. I think it's the human fog machine and not sure what the tank is called but it holds like 15-20 mls the owner of my local vape shop has it. He's let me hit it a couple times. Talk about an amazing vape. Nice, warm and tons of flavor.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know of a mod and a tank that I really want. They are both really big but they also come with a really big price too haha. I think it's the human fog machine and not sure what the tank is called but it holds like 15-20 mls the owner of my local vape shop has it. He's let me hit it a couple times. Talk about an amazing vape. Nice, warm and tons of flavor.

Hmm... that sounds kinda like that humongous thing that @MannyScoot likes so much... maybe he'll pop in and tell you the name of it, since I tagged him. Modfather? I think? Maybe? :D

Big mods can be ok if they take multiple batteries, I think the main concern to look out for is weight. I only use single-18650 mods, but one that I just got is REALLY heavy, and though I like the mod, I find myself preferring the smaller lighter ones -- but not too small; for a female, I have pretty large hands, and if they're too small, they just feel fumbly.

Large atomizers can be really convenient, but only if the ejuice you use doesn't gunk a lot -- if there's a lot of gunk, it will backwash down into the tank, and cause wastage. Beware of super sweet vapes, they tend to gunk a lot more than less-sweet ones. The least gunking seem to be tobacco-flavored, but only if they're not NET (naturally extracted tobacco) -- those gunk as bad as or worse than sweet ones.

Andria

NickDalton

Member For 4 Years
Hmm... that sounds kinda like that humongous thing that @MannyScoot likes so much... maybe he'll pop in and tell you the name of it, since I tagged him. Modfather? I think? Maybe? :D

Big mods can be ok if they take multiple batteries, I think the main concern to look out for is weight. I only use single-18650 mods, but one that I just got is REALLY heavy, and though I like the mod, I find myself preferring the smaller lighter ones -- but not too small; for a female, I have pretty large hands, and if they're too small, they just feel fumbly.

Large atomizers can be really convenient, but only if the ejuice you use doesn't gunk a lot -- if there's a lot of gunk, it will backwash down into the tank, and cause wastage. Beware of super sweet vapes, they tend to gunk a lot more than less-sweet ones. The least gunking seem to be tobacco-flavored, but only if they're not NET (naturally extracted tobacco) -- those gunk as bad as or worse than sweet ones.

Andria

That'd be cool if he could jump in here. That big box mod takes two batteries. Can't remember which ones. Pretty sure it's not 18650s. My current mod takes 2 18650s. The weight is mainly batteries though. The mod itself it pretty light weight. I don't like sweet juices so I'm good there. I like fruity juices. The reason I don't like the sweet ones is because after I vape them for a bit I feel like I ate like 20 brownies haha.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
The Voltrove...
37ec8a3ecc3469e107f3c6260b5ead32.jpg

fc337933da75425aa3427b5afc7bae0c.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That'd be cool if he could jump in here. That big box mod takes two batteries. Can't remember which ones. Pretty sure it's not 18650s. My current mod takes 2 18650s. The weight is mainly batteries though. The mod itself it pretty light weight. I don't like sweet juices so I'm good there. I like fruity juices. The reason I don't like the sweet ones is because after I vape them for a bit I feel like I ate like 20 brownies haha.

Maybe 2 26650's then -- that would really be huge, and heavy! :D With the sweet juices, yeah, that's where DIY ejuice is really good, you can control how much sweetener you use, or even use none at all. I like sweet juices, but since my tastebuds have finally started waking up from their smoke-induced coma, I find that I use a LOT! less than I did at first.

@MannyScoot -- that is... hell, words utterly fail me, about what that is. :giggle: With the horrible gunk from my strawberry & cream, the wick would be BLACK after I vaped that thing full... I doubt the coil could even continue firing, it would build up so much gunk. Even my old Kayfuns held too much, to be usable with the kind of gunk I have to deal with, which is why I switched completely to RDAs.

Andria

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I'm sorry what? Lmao not sure what that's means.

I means that you are nearly as clueless as I am and once upon a time I had to ask as well.

It means Laughing Your Ass Off.;)

Now that we got that out of the way, WELLCOME!

And if you really want to taste your E-Liquids, the very best thing you can do is keep very hydrated!

Vaping really dehydrates your tastebuds to the point where you can't taste ANYTHING.

Not even the deluxe all topping pizza you brought home for dinner.

Drink Lots of Water and some $1 bottles of Gatorade and the like from time to time will also help

NickDalton

Member For 4 Years
I means that you are nearly as clueless as I am and once upon a time I had to ask as well.

It means Laughing Your Ass Off.;)

Now that we got that out of the way, WELLCOME!

And if you really want to taste your E-Liquids, the very best thing you can do is keep very hydrated!

Vaping really dehydrates your tastebuds to the point where you can't taste ANYTHING.

Not even the deluxe all topping pizza you brought home for dinner.

Drink Lots of Water and some $1 bottles of Gatorade and the like from time to time will also help

So far today I've drank almost a gallon of water. Gonna have to refill the gallon jug after a while. Thanks for the tip!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Welcome to Vaping Underground, @NickDalton . :wave:

What I'm hearing from you are two things:
1. Bigger, Bad Ass Hardware
2. You're still smoking.

As a new vaper, I too found myself looking to cigarettes less the first week. It was a miracle! I'd have 1/2 a cig in the morning with my coffee plus my favorite morning ejuice and maybe at cig puff at night.
Then, the night cig stopped but the morning 1/2 cig continued out of habit for about 2 weeks. Then *poof*, no more cigs.
Make sure you are getting the nicotine you need. It will make you NOT want a cig. The 'ritual' of getting up to smoke, or whatever triggers you will subside.

Just because you have a Bad Ass rig doesn't mean your mind is ready to quit. Are you after flavor or vapor? It's not until you find your nicotine sweet spot will you know how you want to vape and rid yourself of cigs once and for all. Keep up the water! And think, before you light up a real cig.

Here's to a new beginning for you. :ejuice::cloud:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome- Wishing you the best of luck in quitting cigarettes!
Stay Strong and Vape On!
<3

VU Sponsors