Become a Patron!

New Mod, Sub ohm help

So, I'm not new to vaping, but I'm not advanced or anything. For about 2yrs Ive had the same setup; Aspire BDC 1.5 ohm, Kanger EVOD VV 1600mah, PG20 VG80 Nix 12% juice. This had worked wonderfully for me. Well, I lost my mod. My sister just recently started vaping, she isn't very knowledgeable, pretty much bought her setup because the vape store clerk recommended it. She had to quit vaping, because of health issues, and she have me hers. I dont have the money to replace anything, but I'm having an issue. My new setup is; Aspire Atlantis V2 0.5ohm, Sigelei 30w mini, and the juice is the same. The problem is when I hit it, it's tickles my lungs, and actually hurts a little. After a couple hits, I'm not able to hit it at all. I'm not familiar with Sub ohms, and I have no idea what to set the wattage to. This is all new. Is there a general rule of thumb, wattage wise, or something I might have to change?

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could be 30w isn't enough to vaporize all the juice out of the wick, resulting in spitback or gurgling issues..could be causing the tickling your talking about.. wish I could help more

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Turn the power down, get higher ohm coils...

I looked at the specs for my tank, and it said the 0.5 works with 20-30w, so I'm thinking it could be the coil its self

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's possible that coming from a lower wattage setup you need to lower your nic - probably by half!

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
When you lower your coil ohms, the wattage has to go up. When you take a hit you're getting more vapor, thus more nicotine. When this happens, most times, vapers lower the nicotine concentrate percentage so it doesn't "choke them out".

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Most people I know running .5 ohm tanks, run between 3-6 mg of nicotine.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, in my .5 ohm tanks I also use only 5mgs of nic..but I do run higher than 30w..usually my sweet spot is 45-50w...no spit back or gurgle... Vapes great

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

When you lower your coil ohms, the wattage has to go up. When you take a hit you're getting more vapor, thus more nicotine. When this happens, most times, vapers lower the nicotine concentrate percentage so it doesn't "choke them out".
Ohh okay, so the nic level is whats doing it?

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Level of nicotine is subjective to the individual. Experiment with it and figure out what you want 3 or 6.

Thank you! I put the 0 nic in, and it tastes great. I'm going to order my favorite juice in the lower level

Easy fix just get some of these coils I've linked below.

http://bit.ly/1Pu5Aq0

Those are best at 15watts
Looking at the page you posted here, I noticed it said the lower ohms say lung inhale, and the higher one says mouth inhale. Normally I pull into my mouth, then inhale. So, I tried inhaling straight to my lungs. Its so incredibly smooth when I do that. There is no tingle at all, and I dont have the urge to cough. I'm not sure why its different, but it is. But anyhow, I'll be vaping that way from now on. I might even take a chance and try one of my higher nic levels.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking at the page you posted here, I noticed it said the lower ohms say lung inhale, and the higher one says mouth inhale. Normally I pull into my mouth, then inhale. So, I tried inhaling straight to my lungs. Its so incredibly smooth when I do that. There is no tingle at all, and I dont have the urge to cough. I'm not sure why its different, but it is. But anyhow, I'll be vaping that way from now on. I might even take a chance and try one of my higher nic levels.

Lower or ohms higher ohms can do both,
As long as you have enough airway...
When vaping direct lung, it takes time, start slow, let ur lungs adapt.. It gets better in time..

VAPE ON

VU Sponsors