New tank, Throat issues?

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has this happened to anybody? I just got my Orchid not too long ago. First few days were great,now I've been waking up with a sore throat/coughing everyday. I've tried a few different juices from different shops, lowered my nic down to 6mg, higher vg, and it's still happening. I fried an insulator shortly after I got it but those have recently been replaced with new delrin insulators. I washed everything in alcohol a couple times over too. I'm stumped. The only other thing I can think of is coils or cotton, right? If it matters, .8 ohm 2mm id duals wicked with cotton. I don't think it's my wicking as I've had no leaks and no dry hits. Any help would be awesome. This is really bugging me. I'd hate to put this tank down seeing as I love it so much.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nic levels are different for everyone but I went from 6mg in my kayfuns to 3mg in the orchid (same as I use in drippers) the day I got it. First few puffs and I was draining the 6.

I run the orchid at about 0.5ohms with 26g, not sure if you have any 3mg juice but maybe try to build it a little lower and drop the nic level. With more efficient nic delivery at the lower resistance it may give you the same satisfaction as the 6mg did with a 0.8 build without the sore throat.

From memory, 8 wrap on a 2mm and 7 wrap on a 2.5mm will get you in the 0.5 range.

Could also be the beginnings of a cold? It's that season and I am fighting one off now.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You may just be dehydrated. Also, try going in the opposite direction, less VG instead of more. One other thing, vaping never makes me cough UNLESS I've been drinking heavily the night before. In that case I really have to give it some time and detox before I can enjoy vaping again. Something to think about.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I moved from clearo's to a kayfun I started getting headaches. Went to max vg and head stopped hurting.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the replies guys. I don't think I can be dehydrated as I do nothing but crush water all day long. And it's not a detox thing because I have zero time to drink during the week. However, I will be tonight. So if my posts get funny...

Nic levels are different for everyone but I went from 6mg in my kayfuns to 3mg in the orchid (same as I use in drippers) the day I got it. First few puffs and I was draining the 6.

I run the orchid at about 0.5ohms with 26g, not sure if you have any 3mg juice but maybe try to build it a little lower and drop the nic level. With more efficient nic delivery at the lower resistance it may give you the same satisfaction as the 6mg did with a 0.8 build without the sore throat.

From memory, 8 wrap on a 2mm and 7 wrap on a 2.5mm will get you in the 0.5 range.

Could also be the beginnings of a cold? It's that season and I am fighting one off now.

See I was running 18 and 24 mg in my kayfun. Filled a tank of that and two puffs later drained it. Was loving the 6mg for a few days before this started. Tried some 3mg but that didn't do it for me. Maybe I'll try and go lower resistance less nic route. Thanks again you guys and I'll keep you posted.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You might have a cold or are just blasting too much vapor for your lungs to handle. Use your Kayfun for a few days and see if any thing changes.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh man, 18 in an orchid will make a healthy maggot heave!

True zamazan, maybe taking it easy with a kayfun for a few days may give the throat a break.

Citizen, try a higher build with the 6mg and also try a lower build with the 3mg nic... just for giggles. Who knows, may or may not work out but a 0.5 build will get more of that 3mg into you. Worse case you just used some wick & wire to give it a go with some 3mg juice your not using anyway.

Is the vape warmer than you are used too? That will give you a sore throat for sure and it wont heal until you give it time too.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
sounds like too much nic, or pg, OR its giving you a slightly dry hit, that you arent recognizing. Ive had that happen to me recently; where it wasnt quite going dry on me, tasted ok, etc; then i wicked looser, and all of a sudden a much smoother hit

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sounds like too much nic, or pg, OR its giving you a slightly dry hit, that you arent recognizing. Ive had that happen to me recently; where it wasnt quite going dry on me, tasted ok, etc; then i wicked looser, and all of a sudden a much smoother hit

Spot on. Was getting the slightest dry hit. I couldn't tell because the juice was masking it.Recoiled and rewicked, seems good to go.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Spot on. Was getting the slightest dry hit. I couldn't tell because the juice was masking it.Recoiled and rewicked, seems good to go.
Glad to hear you got it sorted out brother! Yea, that slightly dry hit thing can sneak up on you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors