Become a Patron!

New to building my own mods and have a few questions.

Firstly I would like to point out that I have built simple mech mods and simple mods using salvaged buck converters and dna chips. What I'm looking for right now isn't necessarily to do something practical, just different. unfortunately my experience in circuit design is limited if you can call it design at all.
I have recently salvaged a very large capacitor from a power conditioner I was using in my house for a while, but the charging circuit has stopped working. The capacitor in question is a CHIRX CBB60 (450v 40uf 50hz).

My idea is to develop a circuit for that capacitor and two 18650 that will keep the capacitor topped off to step the 450v down and make it adjustable from 3.2-9 volts. My goal ultimately is being able to achieve the 200 ish wattage range @ no more than 18 amps (I don't intend on building lower than a .5, but being able to go as low as I want would be nice). Maybe the Taiwan Semiconductor TS19450 or similar LED driver to step down the voltage to a safer level.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the capacitor would provide a much safer, much more stable short burst of current than the 18650 batteries we currently use in our vapes today no? Or is my idea completely idiotic and I'm asking to blow myself up? Please do not troll the post if you're going to call me dumb, please explain why so I can learn.

Jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A somewhat related vid.

VU Sponsors