Become a Patron!

new to cloud chasing what to buy not too expensive

Im a regular e cig smoker I just wanted to buy something to impress the friends with a thick smoke but I don't know what to buy. Can you guys help me out here would appreciate it very much thanks...

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are you currently using? I'm not into rebuildables, yet. However my atlantis on a 30 watt device blows some pretty good clouds.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
how involved do you want to get?

Do you want to rebuild your own coils or use something that uses premade coils?

do you want something that has a built in battery or something that has a battery changeable by the user?

do you want a device that can charge the battery via usb port or one that requires and separate charger?

JOLT74

Member For 4 Years

do you want something that has a built in battery or something that has a battery changeable by the user?

do you want a device that can charge the battery via usb port or one that requires and separate charger?
Now these, these are the real questions!

Right now I'm using a itaste vv 850ma its has a voltage controller which is pretty good ive checking some videos on YouTube some guys are pull out a lot of smoke enough to fill a whole car with smoke which is cool they build the coil in front of you its easy to build your own coil

do you want a device that can charge the battery via usb port or one that requires and separate charger?[/QUO

I don't mind getting involved in building coils and stuff

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not on a stick battery they don't.
10-15 bucks for a decent battery.
20 bucks for a decent charger.
10-20 bucks for a decent atty.. think doge or darkhorse or some others that have a cuff style cap.
5-10 for various wires.
15-??? for a decent mech clone mech mod.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you're quite on the low side there honestly
I don't think it's too far off - I'd personally recommend 2 (or 4) batteries, and maybe go up to $15 for 3 spools of wire at about $5 each (maybe 24, 26, 28 gauge to start), otherwise spot on.

My $16 FT Nemesis was my favorite out of all the mechs I've used to date, and I've had zero problems with my $10ish FT Mutation X V2 clone, or a handful of others I've bought in the $10-15 range...

EDIT: And add in another $2 for some cotton balls or $15 for a lifetime supply of rayon...

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Im a regular e cig smoker I just wanted to buy something to impress the friends with a thick smoke but I don't know what to buy. Can you guys help me out here would appreciate it very much thanks...
Kanger sub tank and a good 30 watt mod like an iStick, or a Sigelei.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think you're quite on the low side there honestly
10.99 per vtc 4.
14.99 for a tobh clone atty
free nemmy
10 bucks for a chuff cap.
??? for how much wire is used in it.
?? giant bag of cotton balls.
19.99 for a nitecore charger.

I could break it down further but meh cotton and wire are cheap.

JOLT74

Member For 4 Years
10.99 per vtc 4.
14.99 for a tobh clone atty
free nemmy
10 bucks for a chuff cap.
??? for how much wire is used in it.
?? giant bag of cotton balls.
19.99 for a nitecore charger.

I could break it down further but meh cotton and wire are cheap.
Yeah I'm just not a fan of having all clone everything, I prefer quality and plus a tobh isn't the best for clouds either

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I'm just not a fan of having all clone everything, I prefer quality and plus a tobh isn't the best for clouds either
the stock air flow is kick ass starting out, it gets you to inhale correctly without choking yourself out.
Once you get there with lung hits to chase boring it out is simple or stepping into something differently.

Honestly I have pitted this current set up against an authentic nemmy it has less voltage drop than the one pitted against it.
Nothing wrong going clone instead of blowing chunks of money on something you might not like.

JOLT74

Member For 4 Years
the stock air flow is kick ass starting out, it gets you to inhale correctly without choking yourself out.
Once you get there with lung hits to chase boring it out is simple or stepping into something differently.

Honestly I have pitted this current set up against an authentic nemmy it has less voltage drop than the one pitted against it.
Nothing wrong going clone instead of blowing chunks of money on something you might not like.
Oh trust me, I prefer my FUhattan over my authentic Mahattan anyday but I can't bring myself to buy clone RDAs, there's just no point honestly

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the one on the right is a aspire atlantis on a istick 30W (i sold the Atlantis and replaced with a subtank nano)

20150120_120441_zpswgb2fscd.jpg

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is what I went to when I wanted to step up from weak clearos -
image1.JPG

Subtank on a Smok BT50. I think the 65 watt version of this mod is like $50 now and the subtank can be found for $35-40. I'd highly recommend a subtank mini it if you want to try building and have not done so before - you can use the stock coils or swap them out for the rebuildable deck easy as pie. That way when (*not if) you jack up your first coil builds you have the stock coils to vape on :D

Obviously not the only way to go but IMO it spanks the Atlantis

Married 2 The 7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
subtank for better flavor than the Atlantis or Atlantis for better clouds. IMHO that it doesn't SPANK the Atlantis like said before. There is a reason the Atlantis is reviewed so highly in EVERYWHERE.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recommend being new to it, to get a regulated device such as a Sig 100w or something of that nature. You don't need an unregulated device until you know Ohm's Law and battery safety.

Go with an Affordable Authentic such as a Mutation Xv3 or a Doge v2

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Being a noobie to cloud chasing please be careful with the suggestions you get and PLEASE know what your doing, there are many many things to be aware of when using some of these builds and multi battery mods. Members also be aware that by the sounds of it we need to educate the OP in safety first above all else as anyone is when first starting off.

Note-I still everyday impress folks with my simple Istick and T3D tank with massive clouds....LOL, carry on~

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't get into dripping until you know what you're doing

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Aspire Sub Ohm Battery and a Kanger Subtank Mini. Done.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do not get an RDA and unregulated device without knowing what you are doing. That's the biggest thing. Safety safety safety

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Kynetic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well you will need an ohm reader if you wish to build your own coils as well as 24 and 26g kanthal. Know the specs of your battery and what it can handle. For the RDA I would say either a Dark horse would be nice, and a Eleaf 50w or Aspire CF subohm. Do your homework and make sure you know what you are doing, safety is everything.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Could just go slow and work your way up.

I went from a cheap stick battery -> iTaste SVD + Nautilus tank (1.6 ohm @ at 10, then 12 watts) -> Sigelei 100watt + Atlantis Tank (0.5 ohm @ 20, then 30 watts) -> RDAs on the sigelei 100 watt (0.14 - 0.5 ohms @ 50 to 75 watts depending on the setup).

Each step offered more airflow, better taste, and learning about what could be tolerated. Just jumping right from a cheap battery to an RDA could be cheaper, but isn't really that efficient in terms of learning or getting used to it. Each step requires your throat to get used to the increase in vapor production and thus the amount of nicotine you get per hit. Otherwise you could end up coughing a lot, getting a nicotine overdose, and/or barely using it. An undesiireable effect might even make you dislike vaping since it could feel like too much to tolerate. I've seen heavy smoking coworkers curious about vaping end up in coughing fits from trying an RDA setup for the first time.

VU Sponsors