Become a Patron!

New to diy. Please help.

Hedlyna

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi everybody,
I'm new to diy but I've been vaping for 8 years. I'm tired of paying $.75 per ml. I love to cook and used to for a living so hopefully I'll be able to contribute to this site. I just got a new order and was hoping you guys could help me with some starting %.
FA Peach
FA Black Cherry
FA Strawberry
FA Melon Cantaloupe
FA Blackberry
FA Marzipan
FA Apple
FA Almond
FA Apple Pie
Cap Vanilla Custard v2
Cap Coconut
Cap Sweet Strawberry
Cap Sweet Watermelon
Cap Simply Vanilla

Thanks for any help and I'd definitely like some recipes that include those if you have any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA Peach : 4.25%
FA Black Cherry : 5%
FA Strawberry : 3.5%
FA Melon Cantaloupe : ?
FA Blackberry : 3.75%
FA Marzipan : ?
FA Apple : 5.10%
FA Almond : 3.60%
FA Apple Pie : 3.60%
CAP Vanilla custard V2 : 14.25%
CAP Coconut : ?
CAP Street Strawberry : 6.67%
CAP Sweet Watermelon : 6%
CAP Simply Vanilla : ?

This is based on multiple users' average percentage.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FA Peach - 2%
FA Black Cherry - 1-2%
FA Strawberry 2%
FA Melon Cantaloupe 2%
FA Blackberry ---
FA Marzipan 0.5-1%
FA Apple - 2%
FA Almond 1-2% (YUM!)
FA Apple Pie 2%
Cap Vanilla Custard v2 --
Cap Coconut 2%
Cap Sweet Strawberry 4-6%
Cap Sweet Watermelon --
Cap Simply Vanilla --

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
IMHO, Cap Vanilla Custard V2 is pretty strong. I made a 10ml mix once with 5%, and it was still too much. I'm thinking more likely 1-3%.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to diy im new to lol struggling wasted abit over flavoured a few but im getting there it just takes so long and my patients is low but now im holding back and letting them steep fingers crossed haha good luck

happy vaping

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
with all FA flavors start low, say 2% or even 1% the most u will probably ever go is 5% You can always add more but its harder to take away. Some recipes you will find on this form call for as little as 0.25% of a fa flavor

Certain FA flavors are extremely over powering such as mango and i believe pineapple I find mango to be over powering stand alone at 1%

Always mix the flavor stand alone first to find where you like that flavor.

Then in your mixes aim for a 5% total flavoring using a ratio of each juice based upon where you like it stand alone
example you like 2 flavors at 3% stand alone. when you combine them in a recipe start at 2.5% of each. then you can add more if you feel the need.

Also dont be afraid to combine different versions of teh same flavor

Say white peach and peach
or
apple and fuji apple

to make a more flavorful variety of the flavor

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Always remember the DIY mantra: Taste is subjective! Someone else's perfect liquid at 5% standalone might be your vaping nightmare, and vice versa. Set your own flavor profile and mix your way. ;)

Hedlyna

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Welcome to diy im new to lol struggling wasted abit over flavoured a few but im getting there it just takes so long and my patients is low but now im holding back and letting them steep fingers crossed haha good luck

happy vaping

Thanks Jason,
i have one that i can tolerate that i keep made at all times so when mixes taste horrible i have that to fall back on. Don't get too frustrated. I made one this morning that tastes like soap. I think it's funny when i get my friends to try it and see their face.

Hedlyna

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
with all FA flavors start low, say 2% or even 1% the most u will probably ever go is 5% You can always add more but its harder to take away. Some recipes you will find on this form call for as little as 0.25% of a fa flavor

Certain FA flavors are extremely over powering such as mango and i believe pineapple I find mango to be over powering stand alone at 1%

Always mix the flavor stand alone first to find where you like that flavor.

Then in your mixes aim for a 5% total flavoring using a ratio of each juice based upon where you like it stand alone
example you like 2 flavors at 3% stand alone. when you combine them in a recipe start at 2.5% of each. then you can add more if you feel the need.

Also dont be afraid to combine different versions of teh same flavor

Say white peach and peach
or
apple and fuji apple

to make a more flavorful variety of the flavor

Thanks. That's great advice.it'll help a lot

Hedlyna

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Always remember the DIY mantra: Taste is subjective! Someone else's perfect liquid at 5% standalone might be your vaping nightmare, and vice versa. Set your own flavor profile and mix your way. ;)

Thanks Teresa,
I was just looking for a good starting point. That way i don't go to low or high

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks Jason,
i have one that i can tolerate that i keep made at all times so when mixes taste horrible i have that to fall back on. Don't get too frustrated. I made one this morning that tastes like soap. I think it's funny when i get my friends to try it and see their face.

Haha well i aint tryed recipes yet im still trying to get single flavours rite on 70vg

happy vaping

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Amen!

VU Sponsors