Become a Patron!

New to dripping! HELP

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi,

I have been using sub-tanks for quite some time and everyone says dripping is the way to go for flavour+clouds+budget so I am going to purchase my first dripper. My question is what should I get/ whats the best dripper on the market right now? Ive looked around and so far have liked the velocity, tsunami and thats really it. can anyone recommend something simple to use? I plan on buying pre made coils as well.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The velocity is my all time favorite get the tobacco clone of the velocity. I never used a tsunami but have a Kennedy which is basically the same thing but with out a velocity deck and they leak too easy with the bottom airflow but has great flavor. Other good ones are the twisted messes, troll, I like the temple but it's 30mm, the indestructible rda is good but gets to hot Imo, I never used a sapor either didn't really appeal to me. But like I said the velocity is the all around best. If I could only have 1 rda then it would be the velocity

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can +1 on the Tobeco Velocity. Very affordable. I have a second one coming this week that I picked up for 17 bucks. Easy atty to build on. Deep juice well. I did replace the grub screws for slotted ones though which cost a little over a dollar. For pre made coils, there are plenty out there. The ones that I got, just for backups in my travel case, are UD coils from myvaporstore.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Keep in mind, there's some RTA's/RDTA's out (Boreas, Aromamizer Supreme, Griffin 22mm/25mm, Gemini 22mm/25mm, Billow V3/V3 Plus, VCMT 25/30mm, Apache, Smok TF-RTA, Bellus RDA, so many.) that can pound out immense flavor and very large clouds due to the large build decks and high airflow they have, so you may not have to convert over to dripping.

Though if your heart is set to drip, here are my favorites:

Top 10 Flavor RDA's:

Nixon V2 RDA
Marquis RDA
Derringer RDA
Mason RDA
Fishbone RDA
Torque RDA
Airforce One RDA
Aromamizer V3 RDA
Sapor RDA
Wotofo Ice Cubed RDA

Top 10 Cl0udz Br0 Cloudz RDA's

Twisted Messes V2/Squared RDA
Velocity RDA
Hatty RDA
Tsunami RDA
Indestructible RDA
Alliance V2 RDA
Mutation 234 RDA
Lush RDA
Buddha Mini RDA

Out of the, 30+ RDA's I own and out of the 250+ I've ever owned those are the top 10 in each category, but I made sure to pick RDA's in both categories that aren't simply one trick ponies. Some (Like the Marquis for Flavor and the Buddha Mini for Clouds) are more stagnant in their area, but for the most part you can still get pretty good clouds of the the flavor RDA's I listed and decent flavor out of the cloud RDA's I mentioned. None are overly expensive either.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yea, I have a Boreas on the way and from what I have seen and read, it is putting out some good cloud and flavor.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I own both the Boreas and the Supreme and they single handedly put every other topper device I use, rebuildable, non rebuildable, tank, dripper, whatever, to absolute shame. Everything else is collecting dust, and I own over 75 RDA's/RTA's/RDTA's/Sub-Ohm Tanks combined.

11thcup

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SIMPLE
SAPOR

VAPE IT

I second this. I got one and immediately switched over from tanks. Top airflow means minimal leaking getting in the way of learning and getting used to dripping.

Got a Velocity mini next. It was OK, then I lost it. I was only mildly disappointed.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
my top 5
petri rda
Aeolus
tugboat
indestructible
kennedy comp

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi,

I have been using sub-tanks for quite some time and everyone says dripping is the way to go for flavour+clouds+budget so I am going to purchase my first dripper. My question is what should I get/ whats the best dripper on the market right now? Ive looked around and so far have liked the velocity, tsunami and thats really it. can anyone recommend something simple to use? I plan on buying pre made coils as well.
LOL..you aren't going to get a simple answer to that question....
In order to narrow it down, what are you looking for in that RDA? Do you want clouds, or flavor? Do you want to carry it along, or mainly use it at home?

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All I can offer as far as advise is, that like others have posted. THe tanks today are so much better and unless you are in love with sticky, dirty, thick, sweet or gross NET ( like me) there is no real NEED for a dripper.

If it werent for my NET I would still be using carto tanks or my old favorite GG Odysseus RTA.

I tried many a dripper and finally found a simple, single coil to be the easiest to work with and learn.

Years ago it was the Fatty V2 by Chris Creations. Now I love the simplicity of Origen RDAs. I dont like giant clouds and taste is the important thing for me. Ive compared my RTAs with my Origen and taste is so similar, there is not " a blow your mind" difference in my daily liquids, but on NET I just find a dripper more handy for ripping out the wick and starting clean.

Get studying, ask questions, see what others that like your style of vaping and try one out or get a few clones to see how you like it.

I got a clone Origen V3, didnt last long till it broke, but loved it, so now I have 2 of them.

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been using sub-tanks for quite some time and everyone says dripping is the way to go for flavour+clouds+budget so I am going to purchase my first dripper

RDA's and especially clones are quite inexpensive. My Tobeco Velocity is the best of the bunch. The build deck is super simple, and the airflow options give it a lot of versatility. But when dripping, juice consumption will likely increase quite a bit unless you are doing higher ohm/ lower wattage builds. Another way to save some serious cash is to make your own juice. I just made up yet another 250ml batch of HIC's Tribeca clone recipe, and it probably cost me about $5-7. I can vape all day and care less.
Having said that, I can't wait for my Boreas to arrive. An easy to build 2 post deck, ease of wicking, and performance is just what the doctor ordered...and it is an Authentic. Some RDA's and tanks are really expensive, and I'm not sure why sometimes. I think the pricing on the Boreas is fantastic for what you get! I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa Claus to show up!!

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey all, thanks for all the input but I ended up getting the velocity and its pretty sweet.. I'm running it off my cuboid and it is awesome. I have a dual clapton coil reading at .2ohms and Ive been vaping around 80-95 and Ive never gotten such clouds before. only problem is my flavour is kind of lacking right now but I think a simple re-wick is all thats needed. the guy at the store explained that he re-wicks his RDA's every 3 days to maintain flavour, can anyone else confirm?

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reduce your airflow. Else, if you really like your Velocity and want more flavor from the same package, consider the Velocity V2.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
hey all, thanks for all the input but I ended up getting the velocity and its pretty sweet.. I'm running it off my cuboid and it is awesome. I have a dual clapton coil reading at .2ohms and Ive been vaping around 80-95 and Ive never gotten such clouds before. only problem is my flavour is kind of lacking right now but I think a simple re-wick is all thats needed. the guy at the store explained that he re-wicks his RDA's every 3 days to maintain flavour, can anyone else confirm?
You can also reduce the airflow, in order to make the vapor more dense, thus improving flavor. However, it would also require to lower the power, due to the lack of airflow, the coil(s) heat isn't cooled down as much.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When you run high watts, your cotton and coils get gunked up fast, so Yes, rewick every few days and give the coils a dry burn to burn off the crud that accumulates from vaping.

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
when I dry burn should I pulse at a certain wattage?

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just enough to get it red hot and touch it to water to clean off the gunk.
Repeat until desired. Viola, cleaned coil ready to be wicked and used again.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor

Sometimes people dry burn and dip the coils into water, this does help but I've found just pulsing the coils until they glow evenly 4-5 times gets basically all the gunk off. Just make sure you don't dry burn them for too long at too high off a wattage, then you'll end up melting your coil and you're gonna have a bad time. If you're using a regulated mod that shows voltage output at certain wattages, if it's not a thick coil with high ramp up like 18 gauge or fused claptons, set it to a wattage that allows about 4.2-5V. That's a good range for coils without a high ramp up time on lower wattages.

VU Sponsors