Become a Patron!

New to modded vapes

So after testing out crappy pen style vapes I decided to upgrade to the kamgertech Kbox mini, and then to the mutation 5x plus as my nodded tank. I'm still new to this but I did do a coil looped 9 times and created the rda. Runs at about 1.7 ohms, and I've learned to not use too many watts on it. About 15-20 max. I have some questions on some things, what kind of juices run best in these, I got some 80/20 juice lemon cookie, and other craft juices, and one was 6mg nicotine, the other 12mg. The 12 hits harsh even in the subtank. What's the best vg mix that works for mods, and can I dual coil this rda? Curious to see who uses this unit and maybe some tips for it

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm...what's the Mutation 5X plus? Got a link? Last I heard the Mutation X series only went up to a version 4, and that one's pretty new. That said, I have several Mutation clones and like all of them - I generally run 24g Kanthal with a 3 mm inner diameter for 7/8 wraps as simple dual coils - ohms come out around 05.-0.6, great vape with high-VG juices (generally in the 20/80 range) at 50-60 watts. Hope this helps...

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you have an RDA called a 'Mutation X v5', then you most likely have a clone of the Glacier RDA
Clone makers like to purposely mis-name things to get more sales.

As for the best VG mix to use with an RDA, there is no 'best'.
You can use any vg/pg ratio you want. My highest mix is 97% vg.

Well bought it at a mall vape stand, so probably is a clone, but it's nice with 24 air holes to change airflow and brass design. It has four posts, two in the middle rotate and are the positive I believe. I've been thinking about buying some supplies and doing a dual coil system asap, thanks for the first response that seems to be what I was looking for.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, the dual coils will work. The center post isn't meant to spin, that's just an added "feature" of poorly-made clones (I have a few myself). Most people find 12 mg way too strong for RDAs and sub-tanks, 6 mg is the strongest I've seen with frequency but most (myself included) are using 3...

VU Sponsors