Become a Patron!

new to RDA need suggestions

So I got a little boy rda for my birthday and don't really know anything about rda any suggestions on what I need and what gauge wire or anything anyone can think of would be great

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The sky's the limit. You can build sub ohm or above ohm. You can build single coil, dual coil, or quad coil. You can use Kanthal wire or Ni200, or other varieties.
It all depends on where you want to go, which will probably start with whatever battery mod you have right now.
Be patient and learn as much as you can before proceeding.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For one, before you start building alot will depend on what mod you're using.
Generally for a new builder I tend to err on the side of caution and tell them to start with a 1-1.5 ohm build using 28g kanthal.
You will need :
Toenail clippers, tweezers and an ohm meter. If no ohm meter a regulated mod with an ohm readout.
Only certain mods can utilize ni200 since it has very low resistivity. Its used for temp control mods. Furthermore, some mods can't fire below a 1 or 1.2 ohm load.
For the sake of argument an istick 20 won't fire below 1 ohm; but, an istick 30 will fire to a 0.5ohm.

Again for most new builders I tell them to go with a single coil build at 7 wraps of 28 g wire around a 2mm drill bit. It's a fairly basic build, easy to learn and just about any mod will fire it.
Ideally though; the best thing to do is if you have a GOOD b&m go over there and ask them to show you how to do a 1ohm build.
Or check you tube- alot can be learned from some of the you tubers.
Congrats on the next step!!

Last edited:

vapelife

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Love my little boy rda great clouds very decent taste...the very first must have is a ohm tester or box mod with a ohm meter built in.. that's the very first thing u need safety first..but after that I suggest 26 Gage kanthal and drill out center post of little boy just a little to make dual coils easier...and let us know what mod Ur gonna use I run my little boy on a smpl a-mod mechanical because my box won't fire my .25ohm build on the little boy...best of luck

VU Sponsors