Become a Patron!

New to RDA'S, looking for advice

Hey guys, I'm new here and fairly new to dripping, for the last few weeks have been dabbling with a istick30 and a samurai comp v2 clone running at 30w at 0.4 dual but have just got a new set up to try new things.
I now run a royal hunter on a coolfire IV plus, generally at 50w with a .25 dual ( 5 wraps of 26ga around 2.5mm drill bit) but am wanting to try something new, considering playing with quad coils at similar ohm to spot the difference and generally try a new build, good idea? Any other suggestions? (mod is rated down to 0.1 with a max of 70w)

Stigma

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just keep in mind that the more wire you use the more wattage you need to use. If I were limited to 70w I'd probably do 28g twisted or even 30g twisted parallel before quad coils. You'll get better results with duals on the Royal Hunter, they line up perfectly with the airflow.

Just keep in mind that the more wire you use the more wattage you need to use. If I were limited to 70w I'd probably do 28g twisted or even 30g twisted parallel before quad coils. You'll get better results with duals on the Royal Hunter, they line up perfectly with the airflow.
Sounds good, I have just been using what I already had but have been looking at trying twisting, I already twist wire for my warhammer (making barbed wire) so shouldn't be too hard, do you know roughly how many wraps I would be looking on a dual parallel? Still keeping it around .25

Stigma

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Steamengine.com is a great site that will figure it out for you

VU Sponsors