Become a Patron!

New to sub ohming

So I ordered a new box mod, it's a cigreen, parallel dual 18650 unregulated mechanical box. I'm a fan of tanks personally.. and have come across the aspire atlantis sub ohm tank. Believe it's between .5 to .7 ohms for the coil.. Would this be to low for a parallel 18650? Any risk of battery problems or burning out the coils? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
With a parallel mod, you split the amp draw between the two batteries. However, unless you can adjust the pin on the tank, you might cause a dangerous short.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
With a parallel mod, you split the amp draw between the two batteries. However, unless you can adjust the pin on the tank, you might cause a dangerous short.

I agree that with an unregulated box mod in parallel with the proper batteries you should have no problems running a .5 ohm coil...but make sure the center pin is flush or sticking out a bit from the bottom of the tank.....as long as it's at least flush you should be ok since you're running into a 510 connection and not making contact with the batteries directly. I never had a problem running my carto tanks on mech mods, but that was a lower amp draw. The old YD Igo-L and W4 had flat flush pins and I don't have problems with them on my mechs but if the pin receeds inside the connection it can play hell on a mech :)

Thanks for the info folks! The mod has an adjustable pin on the 510 connection using a flat head screwdriver, so it shouldn't be a problem making it flush.. Will let you know how it goes! Thanks again.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You should go on the app store and download an OHMS Law calculator. It's a good to be safe while building for an unregulated device. I always recommend regulated to the new guys.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info folks! The mod has an adjustable pin on the 510 connection using a flat head screwdriver, so it shouldn't be a problem making it flush.. Will let you know how it goes! Thanks again.

That's good that it's adjustable but I was referring to the center pin (screw) on the bottom of the atomizer. That one needs to be flush or sticking out a little bit to make sure it makes a good proper connection for the least amount of voltage drop and the best performance.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
That's good that it's adjustable but I was referring to the center pin (screw) on the bottom of the atomizer. That one needs to be flush or sticking out a little bit to make sure it makes a good proper connection for the least amount of voltage drop and the best performance.
+1

VU Sponsors