Become a Patron!

New to Vape No Flavour

Hello everyone! I've just purchased The SMOK AL85 kit and i'm wondering why after just a few hits at 40w with 0.4 OHM Coil that came preloaded in it isn't giving me flavor anymore.I let the coil soak for almost 30 minutes as it just arrived while i was about to cook dinner.... so being the patient person I am i waited till i was done dinner and tried the baby beast out... after about 6 hits at 40w it just stopped giving me any flavor(and those hits the flavor was amazing!). I'm brand new to the whole vapor thing but i did follow all the instructions.. i'm using it on normal mod if that helps as well. Could it just be that the stock coils are no good and i need to buy some new ones? or did i somehow do something wrong. I have one final question can i charge this using the usb or should i go out and buy an external charger?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU.
Some juices flavor falls off when vaped too warm. Try lowering your watts and take shorter hits. It also helps to keep your tank topped off. Did the kit come with the Baby Beast?

yes the kit came with the baby beast and the .4 OHM preloaded in it i also have the .6 ohm as well but i just started with the what was already in it, whats the difference in coils? when i lower the wattage still get the same sort of flavor

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
yes the kit came with the baby beast and the .4 OHM preloaded in it i also have the .6 ohm as well but i just started with the what was already in it
The reason I asked is the BB is small and heats up fast. The Big Baby Beast is 5ml and a much better tank imo. I'd spring for the BBB that includes the rba kit. I hated the BB but enjoyed the BBB. Flavor with the rba was great, something you can try down the road. Uses the same drop in coils as the tank you use now. Just my 2 cents, others will come along with different suggestions that can help as well.

ok , well thanks a lot for your opinion... I read somewhere someone saying that the coils that came stock with the kit burned out quick... is their a possibility that this is the case? I borrowed a friends vape and I really liked it... but I'd really like to stop smoking, I've been smoking darts for about 20 years now and realize i need to stop. Was really hoping the combinations of a flavorful smoke with the nicotine release would help me quit but if i can't get the satisfaction i don't know :/ i may go up to the BBB is that costly for me as i just shelled some cash on this .

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I personally don't like the Smok coils so I used the rba. Some do love their BB and coils. Use the search option for finding info about BB and coils. There is plenty of info here, you just have to find it. Type in Smok Baby Beast for starters.

Thanks a lot i'm finding that a lot of people are saying that the pre installed coils are notorious for being duds, maybe this is my problem... will head out to local shop tmrw and pick up some other coils to try... have any suggestions for this baby beast?

VU Sponsors