New to vaping and digging it

DougB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello all.
I was recently turned on to vaping by a friend of mine that owns a great juice company and I was immediately smitten by the whole experience. I was a long-time cigarette smoker and then quit them, and all nicotine, for about ten years. About 4 years ago I was turned on to the Cuban cigar culture and dove in head first. I loved great cigars and the culture, history and companionship that surrounded them. Enjoying a great cigar with a friend was one of my greatest enjoyments, until everything started tasting terrible- no matter how vintage the cigar was, how well it was rolled, etc. I was stunned when the day came that my morning Partagas short paired with some great Peet's coffee tasted absolutely awful. The next morning it was equally rank and I knew that it was time to move on. I went to a vaping event where my friend was representing his juice company and before I even walked through the entrance to the store I was thinking to myself 'wow, it smells amazing in there'...I found the atmosphere fantastic. Everyone was chit-chatting and all present were pleasant and friendly. I took a few puffs from my friends mod and I fell in love.
Needless to say I then went on my hunt for my first mod- and when it finally arrived- (a Rig brushed nickel mechanical) I was off and running...This all happened over the last two weeks and I have not had a cigar since- nor have I wanted one- if I do, I will smoke one, but so far 'no thanks'. I have been vaping a wide variety of brands including : Jimmy the Juice Man, Philip Rocke, SpaceJam, Suicide Bunny, et al, and I am making my way through the juice oceans to see what works for me. So far I like something savory to start the day- or after work- and then always wind up with a fruity concoction towards the middle to end of the day. My buddy's juices are actually my favorite so far and I can vape them all day without getting fatigued.
I am a professional chef and it is in my nature to fool with recipes so I know that mixing my own juice will be right around the corner for me and I am looking forward to it. Hopefully I can do it before the FDA gets their hands in the whole she-bang.....Anyway, thanks for reading my intro. I very much look forward to learning from you all. Happy New Year.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was worried from Cigar to pen but looks like you are doing it right.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome to the Underground!

Great intro as well :D

Send me an PM when you find a really great Cuban Cigar E-Liquid would you?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I was worried from Cigar to pen but looks like you are doing it right.

I went from cigar to cigalikes.

But I started at 36mg of nic!

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was a cigarette, cigar and pipe smoker. Once I got my hands on a good vape device, it was all over. Glad you found us Doug, we are excited to have you. Keep it Foggy!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was a cigarette, cigar and pipe smoker. Once I got my hands on a good vape device, it was all over. Glad you found us Doug, we are excited to have you. Keep it Foggy!
Oh crap I thought I was one of the few hardcore multi platform tobacco users.
Cigs.. like a chimney
Cigars.. started on backwoods.
Chew.. hey cannot BEAT a good Kendal twist and usable in pipes, on the rare occasion still.
Pipe. Something dead freaking sexy about a well made briar wood.
Snus.. hey still do this one from time to time.
Snuff. OK this one is not going away, I cannot push past the wta brain fog and besides I have giant collection.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was like a chimney, always had something burning in my hand.....I miss my cigars and pipes sometimes, but I am going to get some nice tobacco juice to help me out in a pinch. I don't miss the crap breathing though. I gave them all up so I could get some extra time with my kids....there the best thing to ever happen to me. I owed it to them.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the Vaping world, enjoy the flavor.

VU Sponsors