Become a Patron!

New to Vaping. In consistent cloud and flavor. Sometimes cottony chemical flavor

Hi,

I am new to vaping and purchased V-8 Baby from Smok a week ago. It seems ok but I notice I get inconsistent hits. If the tank is low on juice. The cloud is heavy and the throat hit is light. This is perfect. But sometimes it tastes strange. Like cotton or chemicals. If the tank is filled up more, say over 1/4 of the way, the hits seems hot and less cloud. I tried adjusting the air intake but it is still wonky,

Any ideas?

I am using the .15 coil that comes pre installed.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I find I get a slight cottony taste when the wick starts drying out, not really burnt, but rather like drying socks on the oven door. lol. Throat hit is mainly from the juice and pg level. Best I can say is keep adjusting your power and air (and mouth piece) until you find what you like. (larger hole in mouth piece = more cloud / less flavor, smaller hole = more flavor / less cloud.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Okay as a rule of thumb, always keep your tank at least half full, though you do want to change up flavors to avoid vape tongue. Throat hit is determined mostly by PG content, check the PG/VG content on your bottle of juice, and try to find something right for you. For example, I started with a 50/50 but didn't like the harshness so I changed to a 30pg/70vg. If it seems too hot, the watts may be too high and the resistance too low for you right now. While this may not be true for everyone, it's not recommended for a beginner to start with sub ohm vaping. You might want to set the baby aside for now and get something more geared towards beginners, just my opinion though don't read too much into it.

Welcome to VU and the great world of vaping :vino:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU. Takes time to learn what you like and how to dial in your vape. Drop your watts and play with the air flow, af, until you find a sweet spot. Just raise watts a few at a time and adjust af. If you can't find a sweet spot, might not be the right tank for you.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Find a tank with coil at .5ohm or higher.. not claptons... a nautilus X or other basic subtank....or anything using Atlantis and triton coilheads.... but something single coiled would be best. For a beginner. 1 ohm or higher would be better but hard to find on today's market. And start with wattage below 30...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies! I got a few juices all 70VG / 30PG and will try out the other coil that came with the kit as well as look at a new kit all together. I have been keeping the tank over half filled and dialed in the air vent a little and most of the time, I am blowing huge clouds with little throat hit. This is great.

Happy to see you're doing better, Happy Vaping :D

Thanks. I think the coils with this kit may be defective. I barely went through a tank and the hits started to taste like - idk socks? Dry hits? Since the coil was new, I thought maybe I was just use to that flavor juice (vape tongue). So I emptied the tank and tried another flavor. Even worse. I am going to the vape shop where I bought it and let them know. I want those great tasting hits like last night.

cvostreetglide

Member For 2 Years
When you first start out with a fresh coil in the tank... fill with juice and "don't" fire it for at least 15 mins. If you're familiar with priming your coil then belay that message but as you just started it could be your firing a dry coil. Baby Beasts are not a bad tank generally and shouldn't be going "south" on you so quickly. Also check your watts... start at the low end of the range printed on the side of the coil. Keep messing with air and then move up 5 watts and try again.... you'll find that setting you like and everyone is different in what they like.
Good luck experimenting.

VU Sponsors