Become a Patron!

New to VU, Device upgrade ?...

SteelCity14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi fellow vapers. First post on forum and glad to be part of one of the better forums for vapers.

Looking to upgrade my device, or just get another one really lol. Been looking at the Smok X Cube 2, IPV3 LI, iStick 100W, the new SMY170, and maybe couple other TC devices in the 100W+ range. Have an iStick 30W(my beginner device) and a Sigelei 75W TC.

Just looking for vapers opinions on these and maybe other devices. Not really looking to spend over $90. Most of the ones I've listed can be purchased online for around $55-$75. Any suggestions/feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks vapefam and have a great Sunday!

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I personally am drooling over the ipv 3li right now. That and the Sigelei 150tc. Leaning to the ipv though.

SteelCity14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea, I've heard some really good things about the IPV3 LI. I think there was a deal on the internet somewhere where you could get one for around $65 but can't remember where...

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just posted this on another thread so I'm just going to copy it here for you:
"I really like my IPV3 Li. Dual 18650, built like a tank (it just feels solid to me). User upgradeable to 200 watts, 100j in Ti01, 50j for Ni200. It just flat out works great every time I use it, which is most of the time (my daily driver)."

(Left to Right) IPV2S with a Black Billow V2, IPV3 Li with a SS Billow V2
IMG_20150808_120905_zpsxtr7hzf4.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

SteelCity14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea, the IPV3 LI seems to have a great build quality. Whichever one I do get, I'll prolly buy the other one in a couple months after I save up some more money lol. Really think the new TFV4 tank in black would look awesome on the black IPV3 LI too!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i have a 3li and think its awesome. bought it used form someone who use dit exclusively for many months. Its holding up like a champ. Not my favorite in terms of grip, but i love the touch sensor.

The TFV4 is a monster, takes lots of watts, the coils are expensive to replace, $7 and up, and it drinks juice like no other tank. plus they have not yet come through on delivering the other 7 or 8 coil options they are supposed to have for it. So while I think the TFV4 may be the biggest baddest tank in theory, I am holding off to see if they ever release all the coils and if coil prices drop a hair.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guy at my local shop got a Coupor GT 80W TC mod, and for $45.00, I was impressed. Felt solid and well built. Especially liked the easy to navigate screen. Simple and BIG and BRIGHT enough for us old guys.

SteelCity14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the responses guys. Very appreciated.

VU Sponsors