Become a Patron!

New Vaper Here

Hi, so I've asked this on other places, no one had any kind of answer.

Recently, earlier this month, I bought something called an X2o Kronos 1500 lite. It uses a 50w battery, as labeled on the battery. It's a vape pen of sorts.

My vape has just a few days ago, acted a little odd. I turned it on, and tried pressing it to take a pull, and it flashed red. I pressed it again after it stopped, and it worked fine.

Now, I tried pulling, and it produced no vapor for some reason. I only tried for a second, but it's produced a decent cloud with just that before. Next thing I know, I turn it off, turn it on, and when I press it, it turns red, but no flashing, and then I try again, and it works fine. It's only turned red when low on power and charging.

What is this? Is anyone familiar with the X2o brands? Is this common in vaping and just some kind of feature to prevent malfunction? I charged it last night, not overnight and stayed up to take it off. Does forgetting for like 10 or 15 minutes destroy the battery? Will it explode?

Please answer.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Well just some guesses.

1. you broke a wire on the usb plug when you were charging. This can screw things up depending on how its wired.
2.the usb port got a good knock with the cord in and that broke a solder point on something.
3. the tank is not making good contacts with the mod at the connection point. try cleaning with a q-tip
4. the coil is messed up, try another coil
5. coil is not screwed in tight to the tank so its not making a good connection
6 .juice leaked in through the 510 connection and something is shorting

Most LIKELY its something causing a problem between the connection of the battery(mod) to the coil. clean every connection point

hope this helps

Well just some guesses.

1. you broke a wire on the usb plug when you were charging. This can screw things up depending on how its wired.
2.the usb port got a good knock with the cord in and that broke a solder point on something.
3. the tank is not making good contacts with the mod at the connection point. try cleaning with a q-tip
4. the coil is messed up, try another coil
5. coil is not screwed in tight to the tank so its not making a good connection
6 .juice leaked in through the 510 connection and something is shorting

Most LIKELY its something causing a problem between the connection of the battery(mod) to the coil. clean every connection point

hope this helps
My main worry if it's going to explode. I can deal with just getting something new considering I'm not really too worried about it. Not something I've invested too much time into yet.

If it could explode, I'm worried about that. Because I still want to use it as much I can. But it's not a battery that I'm familiar with. I know older batteries exploded. But I'm not even sure if it has a safety feature.

Appreciate the response.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU. Sorry, I'm not familiar with that style of device.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
anything including cell phones etc can explode.
but it requires a hard short-
the battery could start venting gas or liquid.
you will know because the mod will get very hot, like burn your hand hot - if so throw it outside on concrete on something away from anything flammable.
form your description, if it was going to happen it probably would have already done so.
but if the mod is room temperature at this point its unlikely that anything is going to vent

anything including cell phones etc can explode.
but it requires a hard short-
the battery could start venting gas or liquid.
you will know because the mod will get very hot, like burn your hand hot - if so throw it outside on concrete on something away from anything flammable.
form your description, if it was going to happen it probably would have already done so.
but if the mod is room temperature at this point its unlikely that anything is going to vent
Okay. Thanks. Always worried since I don't know what to look for when trying to judge what's happening. Maybe it's also it's safety feature acting to keep it from doing something for all I know. But I don't know if vape pens have those chips. The iCare I had before was even smaller and had one that would act whenever it started malfunctioning before it stopped working. It would keep vaping whenever I put my finger over the mouth piece by accident.

Always makes me worry a little less when I know if it has a chip or something.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I did not see any safety features listed on their website so I would not overcharge more then a hour or two after being fully charged just to be on the safe side. A few minutes is not a big deal over charging.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Not even the same model. Mine only turns red when low and stays red. No flashing.
lol sry. didn't notice.
Usually, those mod types have a problem indicator. Ilke 10 flashes for a short, or low battery warning or battery low, or low atomizer resistance. Have you checked the manual you got with it? I started with a Vplum, which is fairly similar.

lol sry. didn't notice.
Usually, those mod types have a problem indicator. Ilke 10 flashes for a short, or low battery warning or battery low, or low atomizer resistance. Have you checked the manual you got with it? I started with a Vplum, which is fairly similar.

The manual it came with was garbage compared to what you posted. It may have told me to go to the PDF or something, but I can't remember.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The manual it came with was garbage compared to what you posted. It may have told me to go to the PDF or something, but I can't remember.
yeah, they usually are. Mine was a bit more detailed, but different brand. LOL Almost had to learn morse code to use it.

VU Sponsors