Become a Patron!

New vaper in Vancouver

Ubique

Member For 1 Year
Thank god it finally worked!! Like most smokers I tried vaping a few years ago on a budget with those crappy $20 pens. After a few mouthfuls of juice,,,,some major coughing fits and a few juice stains from leaking in my pocket I gave it up. When I heard the term e-cig I naturally assumed it would draw like a smoke,,,taste like a smoke and give me the feeling of a smoke without the smoke. Boy was I mistaken!! So I forgot about it and threw it all away. A couple months ago a friend posted on FB that she had gone 10 weeks smoke free with a vape. As I was congratulating her I stopped and did the math and had my holy .... moment. That was the moment I refused to put $150.00 a week into the ashtray. Did some research and took the plunge. Finally,,,I got the experience I was looking for with a Vaporesso Swag. Only took 2 days to realize that was too small and the monster was created,,,LOL. I will be definitely be keeping my local vape shops in business now!!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome :wave:

And congratulations on quitting the smokes!

Last edited:

Ubique

Member For 1 Year
Thank you,,,and Hi Lucy!!

Sorry to say,,,but I haven't quit. I still enjoy smoking and still do,,,,but a pack or 2 a week is far less than the pack or 2 a day I was. I'm a smoker,,,,period. Whether it's my vape,,,cigs,,,w*** or my briar pipe,,,,,,something will be inhaled into my lungs. Been doing it for 35 years and I ain't no quitter,,,LOL. But I have finally got the experience I was hoping for and my vapes will be chosen 98% of the time. Now comes the task of finding the right flavor without going bankrupt!!

Last edited by a moderator:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome :wave:

And congratulations on quitting the smokes!

Thank you,,,and Hi Lucy!!

Sorry to say,,,but I haven't quit. I still enjoy smoking and still do,,,,but a pack or 2 a week is far less than the pack or 2 a day I was. I'm a smoker,,,,period. Whether it's my vape,,,cigs,,,w**d or my briar pipe,,,,,,something will be inhaled into my lungs. Been doing it for 35 years and I ain't no quitter,,,LOL. But I have finally got the experience I was hoping for and my vapes will be chosen 98% of the time. Now comes the task of finding the right flavor without going bankrupt!!

Took it back, lol

Well never say never - it took me three years and one month of dual use before I finally did quit - will be three years smoke free in January, after 37 years, 2.5 PAD habit

Every less cigarette is a win, even if you have no intention to quit :)

Last edited:

Ubique

Member For 1 Year
LOL!! And congratulations!!

You're right,,,,never say never!! What I can tell you is,,,a smoker for 35 years,,,,,truck driver for 25 (Yes,,,very bad combination!!). And I haven't taken a single cigarette to work in 3 weeks!! For me,,,,that speaks volumes,,,;)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!:cheers:

Just count the smokes you DON'T light up! That's a win in my book!

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Op your from Vancouver BC? I grew up in Richmond. I go to lucky 8 vapes as it used to be close to my house (when I'm back) before my family moved lol. Then I moved to China lol.

Ubique

Member For 1 Year
Nice!! I'll have to check them out next time I'm in Richmond. I lived in Ladner for almost 20 years before I moved to Surrey 8 years ago.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well I'm Chinese, where else can I go lol (that was a lame race joke). Lucky8 is near Richmond center. Pop in the Richmond on a non busy afternoon, start with some good Chinese food for lunch, then grocery shop at some Asian market that isn't T&T and then pick up Chinese dinner to go. Go home and enjoy your dinner.

But that's if u survive surrey lol

Ubique

Member For 1 Year
Oh I know where it is. I'd go down to Aberdeen Mall or Parker Place before T&T,,,LOL

Hey!! I'll survive Surrey,,,,,,I'm top of the food chain around here I'll have you know!!! LOL

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's across Richmond center. Also a shop on that street that has a lot of restaurant across from landsdowne mall. (I forgot the street name all of sudden, that's how long I have not been back home lol).

Also T&T is that bad just way too many mainlanders during busy hrs lol.

Ubique

Member For 1 Year
I've eaten at T&T twice,,,,both times there was no flavour to anything!! I looked them up,,,,I know where they are.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I only buy my grocery from them during non busy hrs lol

I'm more of a stamp card/collect points system kinda guy (more u shop more points u get so I can redeem free stuff) and they have that over at lucky8s.

I have also hear there are great shops in Vancouver but I have gone (I have a lazy ass when I use to come back ever winter). Have a look around.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard :vino:the rabbit hole is vast haha congrats on the switch

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Whalecome from Montreal!

Try Charlie’s Chalk Dust for some great Canadian made juices. Their Mr. Meringue is pretty awesome. Twelve Monkeys also makes some great fruity juices.

Sent from Star Destroyer Executor

VU Sponsors