Become a Patron!

new vapor here

Randy Mullins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi alI i'm new to the game. Started about 1 month ago and put down my cigs. after 25years of smoking i starting to feel free of the the old haibbit

Randy Mullins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm find myself seeking knowledge on vaping to get a good experience. I' m in serious need of upgrading but with so many things out there its tough to decided on products. Even the juice being available in so many different blends and combos is a little overwhelming to the novice. After being smoke free for a month with a small investment is great, but now i'd like to put my big boy pants on and make a serious investment that will last for along time

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I'm find myself seeking knowledge on vaping to get a good experience. I' m in serious need of upgrading but with so many things out there its tough to decided on products. Even the juice being available in so many different blends and combos is a little overwhelming to the novice. After being smoke free for a month with a small investment is great, but now i'd like to put my big boy pants on and make a serious investment that will last for along time

Happy to help you find better hardware an E-Liquids.

What kind of flavors do you enjoy in real life (as in drinks or food or candy) and how much are you comfortable investing to get good quality gear?

Not as expensive as you may think to get some really high quality and dependable stuff.

Hey randy, I'm new here as well. Vaping is overwhelming at times for me also. Finding the right info can be tricky at times, But good folks will lead you down the right road. If there's anything I can help with, I'd be more than glad to provide as much information as I can!

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah lot of stuff out there. Im about 7 months into vaping myself, and after some trial and error I can tell you what works for me.

As far as easy of operation and amazing battery life, I use a MVP2 for my work horse. When Im working around the house thats my goto.
I have 2 Hana mod clones with the DNA30 style boards that I use at home and keep 1 at work. Battery life (using sony VTC5's) not as good as the MVP2 but I run those at higher watts. The mvp2 goes to 11 watts. My thing is, I want to be able charge with usb on the device, pass through. I dont want a device I have to change the batteries out and then go find the wall charger etc, thats why I made the choice with the mods I mentioned.

I love the KAYFUNS, my favorite being the EHPRO Kayfun lite2. For me that was the game changer. Massive flavor and vapor production. I do coils with 28 ga kenthol, around 1.5 ohms. Run Kayfuns at max on the MVP2 (11 watts) and run them at 15 Watts on Hana clones. Im not a cloud chaser running sub ohm stuff. Organic cotton is what I use for wicking. My coils last months rewick once a week usually, takes less than 5 minutes.

Lot of different opinions out there but this is just what I use. Good luck.

Randy Mullins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Happy to help you find better hardware an E-Liquids.

What kind of flavors do you enjoy in real life (as in drinks or food or candy) and how much are you comfortable investing to get good quality gear?

Not as expensive as you may think to get some really high quality and dependable stuff.

I enjoy drinking coffee but the coffe blends at my local store are horrid. I like all the coffee flavors like van, hazelnut, and caramel. I love me some peanut butter lol. I did get an epic brand juice of airhead, really liked the flavor but at 50/50 did not have the punch i'm still looking for coming off regular cigs. I've bought juie at 24 mg , 20 and 18, and can tell a difference in throat hit. I don't think I can go below 18 as of yet. it was mixed at 70/30 and it seems to be ok there for a throat hit using my device. I did invest in the new nautilus because of reviews but with my spinner battery i dont think it hits any better than my kanger evod. sadly. kayfun looks to be a was to. I hit one at the local shop with a dna 30 on it and was glorious. I wanted to marry it. lol. Had a mint chocolate juice and i could taste everything i was suppose to with a good throat hit. The shop said he would set me up with that for 230 bucks and I thought man I need more info. As far as price goes I've looked at provari and the likes so for a set up to last along time I'd be ok investing into pretty much whatever from that range down. so 100-200 ish.

I'm lucky to have found you guys. Just became a member and already people willing to help. It's great to get that kind of support.

Randy Mullins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wabah58 thats a great post That includes all the stuff I'm looking into thanks for the info.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wabah58 thats a great post That includes all the stuff I'm looking into thanks for the info.

No problem. Couple things. At first finding the right juice for you can be a bitch. Hopefully you find that before you go broke.
At my brick and mortar store, almost all their flavors are in these cheap tanks that all tasted like crap. Don't get me wrong im grateful for being able to sample flavors, but they just all tasted the same. Once I took a chance on some and put it in the Kayfun, thats where you got the real taste.

Another thing, don't throw your juices that you don't like out yet, if you plan on getting into Kayfuns, because the flavor will be a lot better in it compared to the beginner tanks.

Just my opinions nothing set in stone, everybody is different. :cool:

The provari is a little pricey for me when I was experimenting, and I didn't want to be changing out batteries all the time, I need onboard charging. Make sure to watch out for Vaporjoes bulletins he post some blem Provaris save you some money, and they say the blems are hardly noticeable.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I enjoy drinking coffee but the coffe blends at my local store are horrid. I like all the coffee flavors like van, hazelnut, and caramel. I love me some peanut butter lol. I did get an epic brand juice of airhead, really liked the flavor but at 50/50 did not have the punch i'm still looking for coming off regular cigs. I've bought juie at 24 mg , 20 and 18, and can tell a difference in throat hit. I don't think I can go below 18 as of yet. it was mixed at 70/30 and it seems to be ok there for a throat hit using my device. I did invest in the new nautilus because of reviews but with my spinner battery i dont think it hits any better than my kanger evod. sadly. kayfun looks to be a was to. I hit one at the local shop with a dna 30 on it and was glorious. I wanted to marry it. lol. Had a mint chocolate juice and i could taste everything i was suppose to with a good throat hit. The shop said he would set me up with that for 230 bucks and I thought man I need more info. As far as price goes I've looked at provari and the likes so for a set up to last along time I'd be ok investing into pretty much whatever from that range down. so 100-200 ish.

I'm lucky to have found you guys. Just became a member and already people willing to help. It's great to get that kind of support.

You can find some very nice Kayfun Lite clones for $20 from Angelcigs. I have one and it is great.

And I own one of the Hana Mod clones from Focalcig which runs $56

Sony VCT5 batteries for around $12 each

A Nightcore charger for $20

A 100" spool of Kanthal for less than $5 from Temco

A bag of Ramie fiber for wicks from the Woolery for $15

And with the exception of E-Liquids you are set for a very long time.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hi and welcome, randy. :) at the risk of offending the more knowledgeable vapers, i am gonna recommend to you the MVP2 (you can buy 2 for less than $80) and a few aspire BDC glass clearomizers. you can get 4 of them for around $30-40. i think you will be amazed at the flavor with that setup and you won't go broke. later on, when you learn how to rebuild coils and such (i still haven't :p) you can get into RBA's and more expensive powerful mods. hope this helps :)

p.s. coffee flavors are very tricky and it's hard to find a good one in my experience. most of them are yuck foo.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to confuse too much but one more thing to consider for your situation Randy. I see you mentioned still trying to find your sweet spot with the throat hit. Sometimes a hotter vape helps people with wanting more throat hit. 20-30 watts will heat that vape up, but a cheap tank won't be able to wick fast enough at those watts. I can hit the Kayfun at 30 watts with no problem using cotton with no dry hits and it's way too warm for me. :( But might be good for you. Will cut that battery life though, so just more to keep in mind.

Randy Mullins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
amazing information you guys. I just took a pull from my neighbors, I think hes cloud chasing, and he's using some type of dripper with a battery that in not adjustable and the hit burned alot warmer almost too hot. It hit my throat too hard to enjoy. I dont want to think about dripping due to being away at work for 10 hours a day.
But he said it was 8 mg of nicotine and that he should have bought zero to tone it back.
What I learned though was the vape i'm pulling is on the cool side so getting a warmer vape,not hot like his, may be the ticket. I'm not afraid of building my own coils and actually like to tinker with stuff. So at the very least I'll be adding a kayfun, ehpro has nice reviews.
I just need need to decide on the right battery and right juice that will have that great flavor and nice throat hit.
I understand juice is trial and error so decisions decisions lol

VU Sponsors