Become a Patron!

New YT Channel

Hey guys, I wanted to get started with a vaping youtube channel and was hoping you guys would check out my first video if you like to see someone hotbox their car and talk about vaping. Subscribe if you guys want more content. Thanks!
Video:

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would you like some constructive criticism? Nothing here is intended to be insulting or demeaning, just random thoughts from some rando Randy out there who watched your video. It's cool if you don't want it, I get that, I understand that, and I'd suggest you take the advice of 'keep on keeping on' and carry on. Otherwise? A few notes:

The YT vaping scene is over saturated beyond it's ability to remain fresh without a gimmick.

As is the 'review from the dash of my car' format.

Lighting. I get it, you're in your car, it's night time. Got two things working against you right off the bat.

Third, 'hotbox.' You and I and likely every other person out there knows where this term came from. Those of us working to disassociate vaping nicotine from nefarious connotations don't appreciate the gimmick or correlation.

Write a script. Do more than one take, and edit.

Your reverse-footage intro was unexpected and neat.

There's no need to hit two vapes simultaneously for anything. That was kinda cringe.

So, I'm struggling to find your angle. "It's not about me," (yes, yes it is, it's all about you) Are you looking to do reviews? Trick videos? Just rant and rave about stuff while sitting in your car while hitting your vape?

Ahh, there's the EDM. I should make a BINGO card and pass it around.

Again, I don't mean to be mean or non-supportive, I'm not trying to be a 'hater,' I'm not trying to be a dick. I've watched a lot of vapor YT channels grow, come up, fade away and die quietly. You need a hook, you need a slightly better theme, you need an established goal and purpose of your videos. Stand out, do something... interesting. Unique.

Two pennies, kick 'em on into the gutter if'n you want. Have a great day!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What they said ^^^^^^^.

Just to reiterate 2 of my biggest pet peeves....

Unless the video is about cars riding in cars or thing that happen when in traffic. Shooting you video In the car is Stupid.

HOTBOX..... I thought this was stupid when I was in Highschool. Which was over 30 years ago. It's even more stupid when applied to vaping.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Would you like some constructive criticism? Nothing here is intended to be insulting or demeaning, just random thoughts from some rando Randy out there who watched your video. It's cool if you don't want it, I get that, I understand that, and I'd suggest you take the advice of 'keep on keeping on' and carry on. Otherwise? A few notes:

The YT vaping scene is over saturated beyond it's ability to remain fresh without a gimmick.

As is the 'review from the dash of my car' format.

Lighting. I get it, you're in your car, it's night time. Got two things working against you right off the bat.

Third, 'hotbox.' You and I and likely every other person out there knows where this term came from. Those of us working to disassociate vaping nicotine from nefarious connotations don't appreciate the gimmick or correlation.

Write a script. Do more than one take, and edit.

Your reverse-footage intro was unexpected and neat.

There's no need to hit two vapes simultaneously for anything. That was kinda cringe.

So, I'm struggling to find your angle. "It's not about me," (yes, yes it is, it's all about you) Are you looking to do reviews? Trick videos? Just rant and rave about stuff while sitting in your car while hitting your vape?

Ahh, there's the EDM. I should make a BINGO card and pass it around.

Again, I don't mean to be mean or non-supportive, I'm not trying to be a 'hater,' I'm not trying to be a dick. I've watched a lot of vapor YT channels grow, come up, fade away and die quietly. You need a hook, you need a slightly better theme, you need an established goal and purpose of your videos. Stand out, do something... interesting. Unique.

Two pennies, kick 'em on into the gutter if'n you want. Have a great day!

Thank you for your honesty. Ill work on it and i did it in my car because i have no where else to go being in college and not allowed to vape in the dorms. I'll work on a theme and appreciate you taking the time. I am serious about this and will work to improve. Have a great one.

What they said ^^^^^^^.

Just to reiterate 2 of my biggest pet peeves....

Unless the video is about cars riding in cars or thing that happen when in traffic. Shooting you video In the car is Stupid.

HOTBOX..... I thought this was stupid when I was in Highschool. Which was over 30 years ago. It's even more stupid when applied to vaping.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Thanks for your feedback. As i stated in my previous reply, I shot it in my car because I have no where else to go and I am unable to vape in my dorm or could make a quality video because of my roommate. I will work on it and I thank you for taking the time to watch the video and provide feedback. Have a good one!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I could only make it through just under 1:30 before....... Uuuuuuhhhhh I had to stop it.

VU Sponsors