Become a Patron!

Newbie vape user here with a couple of questions

spudwrench

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
so ive been vaping for about 2 or 3 weeks and my nicotine level is at 12mg I started out with 18mg and it just seemed too strong but when I switched to the 12 it was too weak so I mixed the two together and that put me in a happy medium not too strong but it kept me from craving a cigarette. I am down to only 2 cigarettes a day and honestly the only reason ive even been using cigarettes still is some mornings when I first wake up the vape seems too harsh for my lungs but once I get up and get woke up good I'm ok. I am coughing a lot and some days my lungs are super sore but ive also had a sore throat and the pollen hit last week and I lost my voice for a few days so I had to cut back on how much I vaped.

I am now down to 12mg of nicotine and I seem comofortable for the most part with that level. Only issue I'm having now is I really don't like the lack of vapor production my evod mega gives me. When its freshly charged its very decent but after halfway through the day it just doesn't do it for me.

I ended up ordering a box mod so i can get more flavor but my questions is how can I go about using the juice I have already purchased I have about 3 or 4 flavors I'm really partial to but my friend advised me that 12mg is kind of strong for a box mod and may give me headaches and other side effects to too much nicotine and I probably want to go down to 6mg. Is it better to cut the liquid with something or just turn the mod down so it doesn't produce as much cloud.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does all depend on the tank. I'd wait and try the new one and see how it goes! What are you getting?

Incidentally, the worse that can happen is a slight nic overdose - in my case I felt as if I'd been on a boat too long! It does go away in a couple of hours.

You can't just dilute your juice without losing flavor, but if you like the flavors you have perhaps you can buy them in zero nic and just dilute as necessary!

spudwrench

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It does all depend on the tank. I'd wait and try the new one and see how it goes! What are you getting?

Incidentally, the worse that can happen is a slight nic overdose - in my case I felt as if I'd been on a boat too long! It does go away in a couple of hours.

You can't just dilute your juice without losing flavor, but if you like the flavors you have perhaps you can buy them in zero nic and just dilute as necessary!

I'm getting a Smok nano one 80w with the tfv4 mini tank. I suppose I could do as you suggested and get the 0 nic level of same flavor and just do a half/half?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm getting a Smok nano one 80w with the tfv4 mini tank. I suppose I could do as you suggested and get the 0 nic level of same flavor and just do a half/half?
Yes, and if you find that too strong you could dilute it even further. It's all trial and error when you first start vaping!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You could also do a combination of stretching it with zero nix and using straight VG. Walmart and Walgreens both sell usp VG for a bout 5$. I think it's either a liter or a half liter.

Unfortunately whenever you drop your nic level, this is kinda the price, but it's a happy one,

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

This is a very good way to go

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also consider using coils with higher ohm resistance if you can. Do not have the tank you'll be using but if I recall the pr from it, it can use various rated ohm coils. If you need some help in building them go on to youtube and look up Super X Drifter. He demonstrates building coils real well. There are others who do as well, he simply comes to mind first. You can also buy pre-made coils to some extent, again if i'm recalling it correctly.

Higher ohm rating coils will let you run lower watts. This can help extend battery life. That's why i suggest this. :)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
If you use the coils that come with the tfv4 mini, you will need to lower the nicotine. Therefore, I'd do the half/half mix. Smok has the TF-T2 and TF-T2 Air replacement coils, both are 1.5 Ohm coils, with those you should be able to use the liquid as is. If you are a mouth to lungs hitter, you probably like the TF-T2. As @MoreleyMagicMist mentioned, those coils can be used at lower wattage, extending battery life.

F

fckaugust8th

I have the TFV4 micro and it works very well as a MTL or DL tank, it all depends one the coil you're using. Mixing the 12 mg juice with 0 nic juice of the same flavor is the easy way of finding a happy medium. Using higher ohm coils will extend battery life while reducing juice consumption. You are on the right path to giving up analogs, just be patient. I actually have a very low nic juice (3 mg) in one tank that I use in the morning for a few puffs and my regular 6mg nic juice I use during the day in a few other tanks. You are in the right place to find help, advice and pretty much all else you need to kick the habit. Best of luck.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You'll find a common phrasing here as well. Do what is right for you because it's right for you. A good example of this is something pertaining to my nicotine use in vaping. A good general consensus suggests if you only smoke around a half a pack a day, you're fine using only 6 milligrams of nicotine per milliliter of juice. I use thrice as much because for me it works out better. Even use 18 milligrams per milliliter on squonking, dripping, genny tanking and a lot of other vapers would suggest reducing that per different methods of vaping.

I'm doing what is right for me because it's right for me. Other people can do the same, go do what's right for them because it's right for them. This asserted we do have some fly paper what tends to put a slow down on the stupid. If doing what's right for you is cramming your right down other people's throats, you're doing it all wrong and need to hop out of the human gene pool. And yeah, that includes myself. We are all equals. No, that does not infer we're all equal. Some of us are smarter, some more dense. We're all people though, all the same and equal like that.

Please keep this in mind if you're given advice, or giving it. In simpler terms, "remember the human."

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I tried to quit and was vaping it did seem harsh and irritated my throat. Once I stopped smoking Cold Turkey and only vaped after about 2 weeks that stopped and vaping became my solution to remain a Non-Former Smoker. There is a ton of info on why this happens which you can easily research. But stick with it and you will be free from the Killer Sticks before you know it.

I am DIY'ing at 3MG but I do start my day off with a Tobacco Blend and sometimes add a little additional store bought e-Liquid to my tank for a little extra kick in the mornings.

Good Luck to you on your journey!:bingo::bingo:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Eh, maybe I'll get there too one day.
stick with it and you will.
just concentrate on what you have to do to stick with vaping. I was on 12mg for almost a year, I also hated tobacco flavors with a passion after my first month. bottom line is all of us require something different. That's what makes vaping so great; we have an expanding variety of resources available....... for now.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Eh, maybe I'll get there too one day.

Hey you have the want to so there is no reason it won't happen. Maybe think less and just sit back and enjoy your vaping. It is meant to be it will be.You are in control of what will be your destiny and many here will support you no matter what you decide!

Good Luck !

Lodvig

Member For 4 Years
my two bits, ex smoker and long time vape enthusiast here, congrats on your liberation.
..just minimize the air intake on your new tank and don't hit the high nic stuff too hard or too often, your body will tell you if you're taking in too much at once...nausea/sweating etc. just stop immediately and reassess. I know folks still hit 18 and 24 mg/ml on tank box combos. they just puff em occasionally like a ciggy. If your planning on blowing clouds though, yer gonna need to drop to a 6 or under strength.

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Most box mods will work with almost any tank. The coil resistance (ohms) and the wattage you use is what will determine what mg of nic you need. Using the TFV4 mini I can assure you that you need to drop your nic level to at least 6mg... possibly even 3. When I was a tootlepuffer I used 18mg nic on my Nautilus min on the 1.8 ohm coils and vaped at around 10-12 watts. Now I am vaping upwards of 50-60 watts and I use 6mg nic. You could even try some unflavored nic juice to dilute your current ones down. Most of the time there is a TON of flavoring in juices and you wont even notice a difference by mixing it with unflavored nic. Or as you already suggested you could just buy the 0mg of your current juice and dilute it down. Main thing is you are off the ikky sticks. Vape on bro!

VU Sponsors