Become a Patron!

Newer to vaping and at a complete loss.....Always getting a burnt taste. More inside.

New to this so apologies if this is an obvious thing.

Have a Coolfire IV TC100. Worked great for a week until the atomizer glass broke. Bought a new atomizer at a store and ordered 2 more online just in case.

After priming the store bought one i started getting a burnt taste. Replaced the coil, worked for a while then burnt taste. Got the new atomizer from online worked fine for a bit then burnt taste.....basically it continues. Different atomizers, different coils, different liquids, different degrees.

Only thing is i dont think i can change the voltage. It always reads 100. Have the Watts at 33 and have to switch the temp constantly as if its too low i dont taste anything but go too high it tasted burnt back and forth constantly. Ex. Will have it at 375f and cant taste anything, bump it up to 450f and its fine for 1 -4 hits then its burnt taste.

What am i doing wrong? I feel like i just wasted $100+

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
New to this so apologies if this is an obvious thing.

Have a Coolfire IV TC100. Worked great for a week until the atomizer glass broke. Bought a new atomizer at a store and ordered 2 more online just in case.

After priming the store bought one i started getting a burnt taste. Replaced the coil, worked for a while then burnt taste. Got the new atomizer from online worked fine for a bit then burnt taste.....basically it continues. Different atomizers, different coils, different liquids, different degrees.

Only thing is i dont think i can change the voltage. It always reads 100. Have the Watts at 33 and have to switch the temp constantly as if its too low i dont taste anything but go too high it tasted burnt back and forth constantly. Ex. Will have it at 375f and cant taste anything, bump it up to 450f and its fine for 1 -4 hits then its burnt taste.

What am i doing wrong? I feel like i just wasted $100+
I'll try my best to help here but you'll need to make some things clear

1) which atomizers are you using? It sounds to me like you have the mod in temp control mode and it's very possibly the coils you are using aren't compatible with temp control

2) voltage can't be 100. If you could show a pic of the screen with the mod and atomizer it would help a lot

I didnt drop it well not that i can remember. Im 90% sure i didnt drop it. If i did i would've assumed the same thing you have. And 100v seemed extremely high to me as well even being new. So i have switched it to Watts. It seems better right now but still getting the burnt taste a little.

Im using the store bought one atm which is an Innokin iSub V Vortex TC. With a new coil.

And i will post a pic tomorrow of the screen and all my crap. Thanks for all the replies so far.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I didnt drop it well not that i can remember. Im 90% sure i didnt drop it. If i did i would've assumed the same thing you have. And 100v seemed extremely high to me as well even being new. So i have switched it to Watts. It seems better right now but still getting the burnt taste a little.

Im using the store bought one atm which is an Innokin iSub V Vortex TC. With a new coil.

And i will post a pic tomorrow of the screen and all my crap. Thanks for all the replies so far.
Let us know which coil u are using.
64f2df475424ff870c9f3251df8103d4.jpg

Its the iSub stainless steel coil. I switched to a new coil just to be safe and also using watts instead of degress. I have it at 32W atm and its ok, im casually increasing it a little to see how it goes.

Thank you guys for replying and helping me out!!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Do you have the mod set for SS temp control?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just in case you do not know. Once you get burned taste on a coil it is history. The taste never goes away.

Just in case you do not know. Once you get burned taste on a coil it is history. The taste never goes away.

Is that no matter what? So like i had mentioned i had it set on the wrong coil setting and got the worst burnt taste and instantly switched it. So even that one time would kill the coil? I really should have researched more into this i suppose. Again thanks for the help!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep once you singe the cotton wicking the burnt flavor in that coil is pretty much forever. Washing or nothing else helps.

VU Sponsors