Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another question for the experts. Anyone know of a U.S. vendor who sells premade coils/microcoils for rebuildables? I'm looking at 1.5 -1.8ohms.Yes, I know I can build. However, my hands are to dam shaky (medicine induced) to accomplish. Ebay would be a last resort.

I have used google-fu but most of the links are for sub-ohm. Just thinking someone might have seen a vendor offering somewhere.
Got mine here

http://www.coil-master.net/product/coil-master-pre-built-a1-wire

F

fckaugust8th

If I remember correctly, it was put out to pasture till new /different coils come out.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Artemis
@Whiskey

when you receive your premade coilmaster coils, please be aware that when you install your coils, the resistance will no longer be what you thought once you trim the leads..
but of course you knew that already...
good night everyone

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Snakey, this search will take you to all the posts in this thread on the X. Basically to airy and not enough flavor:

http://vapingunderground.com/search/5035162/?q="Nautilus+X"&t=post&o=date&c[thread]=245308

Aspire has announced that 1.8 ohm coils are soon to release:

http://forums.aspirecig.com/discussion/28680/aspire-nautilus-x-1-8ohm-coils-to-release-soon
Oh fudge...Guess I'll just get a Melo 3 and an Aspire Plato Kit.

EDIT : I DON'T SEE HOW CHANGING THE OHM OF THE COILS WOULD FIX THE PROBLEM WITH THE THING...IT SEEMS IT WOULD STILL PRODUCE A WEAK VAPE.IF NOT WEAKER...JUST SAYING.

F

fckaugust8th

The only difference, aside the ohm rating, is the size of the stem holes, that in effect will restrict air flow. That is why the Melo 3 /mini is a versatile tank. 1.8 ohm coils and you're in MTL "mode".

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh fudge...Guess I'll just get a Melo 3 and an Aspire Plato Kit.

EDIT : I DON'T SEE HOW CHANGING THE OHM OF THE COILS WOULD FIX THE PROBLEM WITH THE THING...IT SEEMS IT WOULD STILL PRODUCE A WEAK VAPE.IF NOT WEAKER...JUST SAYING.
Generally agree. I'm passing on the X.

That said, I am encouraged that Aspire is continuing the support of the Nauti coils (K3) and I expect to see an updated Nautilus for MTL come along very soon.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only difference, aside the ohm rating, is the size of the stem holes, that in effect will restrict air flow. That is why the Melo 3 /mini is a versatile tank. 1.8 ohm coils and you're in MTL "mode".
Yep that is what I keep seeing at least here on the forums.
I know the Melo 3/Melo 3 Mini both can use Triton/Atlantis coils.So I'll just pick up some 1.8ohm Claptons.
Plan on grabbing some Triton Mini Claptons for the Plato as well.

Some lucky vendor is going to love me today I think.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So, I just got home from a week in Mexico. I was using my Nautilus Mini with the 1.8 claptons, within the usage ratings, at 15 watts. It's definitely an improvement using those. For me after being used to goblin mini and the hurricane with much more airflow I found it to be a bit restricted, however I did get used to it by day 4ish. The flavor was good, no doubt but the coil life I found to be very short. I had to change one and the second is just about finished as well and I also had a Ni200 coil in there to play with for about 2 days. I'm glad I had a whole box with me. Has anyone else noticed a short lifespan with those or should I have been running them a little hotter or a little cooler? I don't believe it to be the juice. I was vaping a Heisenberg(spelling?) Clone. A little fruity but with a menthol cool. Very tasty but I didn't think it to be sweet enough to call it a coil clogger.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I had zero luck with the Clapton coils. They burnt up in less than a day at low wattage. I never got more, gave the tank that I was using them to Brewbear.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had zero luck with the Clapton coils. They burnt up in less than a day at low wattage. I never got more, gave the tank that I was using them to Brewbear.
I seem to have better luck than most I get anywhere between 1 - 2 weeks off the Triton Mini Claptons.

Get some below.
http://bit.ly/29rEvTl

I won't need to buy coils...It seems I grabbed some last month and forgot so I'll just be getting the Plato Kit and the Melo 3 from Sweet-Vapes.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's where I got mine, too. I must have gotten a completely bad batch. Here's a pic of one I used for an hour, and I fully primed it.

upload_2016-7-7_20-58-50.png

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's where I got mine, too. I must have gotten a completely bad batch. Here's a pic of one I used for an hour, and I fully primed it.

View attachment 55941
Eww.
OMG hun that looks nasty.
Were all 5 this bad?
I don't even prime mine.After filling the tank I just go wash up in the bathroom give a few primer puffs and it'll be ready to vape away.

I even do that when I'm using high VG N.E.T. stuff and have never had 1 burn up like that.

Matter of fact below is what is in my Nautilus currently.

http://bit.ly/20BuoQr

F

fckaugust8th

I'm using the rbas in my nautilus tanks so I can't comment on coil longevity but I can comment on the fact that they've been placed in 3rd string. Front and center we have the Alleria x2, and Melo mini v3. Second string we have Kayfun mini v3/plus, Boreas and Melo v3 full size. Third string we have Kabuki (clone)with rba, Hurricane , Nautilus, Aromamizer Supreme and honorable mention all the other tanks that fell by the wayside. You will notice that most of the tanks used are of the RTA variety and that is in no small measure due to the fact that lately I've been using Hohmtech (G2 and Slice) mods that do a wonderful job on kanthal TC.

F

fckaugust8th

The latest addition to the stealth arsenal14679443881031493440243.jpgoutfitted with a kayfun mini v3. It was meant to sport the Fountain v2, but that one is on it's way from China and I just had to try out the mod.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using the rbas in my nautilus tanks so I can't comment on coil longevity but I can comment on the fact that they've been placed in 3rd string. Front and center we have the Alleria x2, and Melo mini v3. Second string we have Kayfun mini v3/plus, Boreas and Melo v3 full size. Third string we have Kabuki (clone)with rba, Hurricane , Nautilus, Aromamizer Supreme and honorable mention all the other tanks that fell by the wayside. You will notice that most of the tanks used are of the RTA variety and that is in no small measure due to the fact that lately I've been using Hohmtech (G2 and Slice) mods that do a wonderful job on kanthal TC.
Yep I noticed and I'm quickly running away from anything RTA.My hands are just way too fucked up to wrap even very basic coils anymore.

Fave Flavor Tank = Clone-Buki with a 1.8ohm Triton Mini Clapton Coil.
Fave Cloud Tank = iSub-G with a 0.5ohm Standard Coil.
Most Used Tank = Atlantis Mega with a 1.8ohm Standard Coil.

F

fckaugust8th

@snake94115 that is just a crying shame, the Alleria is one hell of a flavor/clouds RTA. I used to MTL but now Alleria spoiled me. If you were in SoCal, I'd volunteer to stop by every other week and set up your tanks. Wait a minute, you are in SoCal, I remember the strawberry doughnut picture! So how about it?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@snake94115 that is just a crying shame, the Alleria is one hell of a flavor/clouds RTA. I used to MTL but now Alleria spoiled me. If you were in SoCal, I'd volunteer to stop by every other week and set up your tanks. Wait a minute, you are in SoCal, I remember the strawberry doughnut picture! So how about it?
You're pretty awesome.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually I live in San Francisco.A friend brings me up a few boxes of those donuts whenever she has a chance.

EDIT : THE 94115 IN MY NICKNAME = MY ZIP CODE

F

fckaugust8th

I didn't realize that would be one hell of a road trip. The Cupti is a Plato wannabe?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Someone was posting questions about that one the other day, like they were having issues with theirs, but also, a new vaper. I'd never heard of it prior to that.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yep I noticed and I'm quickly running away from anything RTA.My hands are just way too fucked up to wrap even very basic coils anymore.

Fave Flavor Tank = Clone-Buki with a 1.8ohm Triton Mini Clapton Coil.
Fave Cloud Tank = iSub-G with a 0.5ohm Standard Coil.
Most Used Tank = Atlantis Mega with a 1.8ohm Standard Coil.

How is that 1.8 in the Atlantis? My Nautilus is fused together, and none of the known fixes have removed the base. Can my Atlantis 2 do mtl, preferably slightly airier than Nautilus? Most of the mtl tanks have mixed reviews, even the Cubis. I don't mtl that often, so 1 tank is fine for that.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No worries snakey, it's all good.
Do you have the Plato?
Not yet I just ordered 1 though.I also grabbed a Melo 3* at the same time.
Might pick up that Endura 22 at some point today as well.Maybe even spring for some Suicide Bunny or Nick's Blissful Brews.

*Full Sized Version*

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How is that 1.8 in the Atlantis?
The Atlantis Mega is a big honking tank see pic below*.

1-15032616160IX.png

My Nautilus is fused together, and none of the known fixes have removed the base.
Never even heard of this issue.
Channellocks might be an option though.

Can my Atlantis 2 do mtl, preferably slightly airier than Nautilus?
Yes theoretically at least.

Most of the mtl tanks have mixed reviews, even the Cubis.
So far I've found the Clone-Buki to be the best MTL tank.
Tied for second best is either the UD Rosary Tank or the Eleaf GS Tank.

I don't mtl that often, so 1 tank is fine for that.
Oh boy your going to have lots of fun finding the best 1 for you.

*Back to that massive tank known as the Atlantis Mega*
.Firstly let me dispel any inkling of an idea that this beast is a MTL capable tank.It is not for MTL even with the Mouthpiece AFC completely closed and the Bottom AFC in the smallest setting it is still going to be more like a DLI tank.
It's not going to win you any cloud competitions either.So clouds-bro-clouds fans should also avoid it.
Now as to why I love this thing so damn much.
Because it does what very few tanks can.
The vapor it produces is always nice and dense no matter what e-liquid is inside it.Without it being too airy or restrictive.
It holds 5ml of e-liquid and can use both sub-ohm and standard coils.Not too many big tanks can do both.
Also it's easy as heck to fill this thing.
You know those annoying eye-dropper style glass bottles that make filling a small or even medium sized tank a huge pain in the butt.Yeah well I can literally just pour the stuff in this tank without having to worry about spilling even a single damn drop.
Basically this tank is my (Magical Rainbow Butterfly Pooping Unicorn).
I keep it on my Innokin MVP 3 Pro.
I call this combo (Laura) she's a big sexy mama.
With all that said here is a link.

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Since the original thread went poof:cloud:,I thought we should try and collect all the ideas, suggestions and opinions about the newest tanks with MTL capability.

Thanks for restarting the thread @Brewbear . Since there are so many tanks for MTL, perhaps you can keep an updated list in your first post so we all know what to look for. We'll be doing MTL a LOT after 8/8 when we're out. Also, we need to find a cig-a-like from a vendor that will slightly increase the vaping experience. You never know when you go to dinner or a club or the movies for that matter and an off duty cop is checking you out. We have NO clue how hard they're going to come down on us in the outdoors.

Anyway, please compile a list? It would be SO helpful. Hmmm, I may start a thread on the MTL I just mentioned.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Might I suggest a Kayfun? And, ones that require coil replacements. Kanger is very versatile with their coils. They fit everything they make. Bug yes, 1.8's we need to stockpile.

I will say that I'm REALLY liking The Kanger Subvod. 1300mah bettery, great tank, battery life AND I can do BOTH MTL OR DL...and I'm using a .5 coil right now. You won't regret buying one to try. I'm getting 2 more. Very satisfying. Great cloud production and flavor wide open. I have some awesome tanks, rda's and love the clouds when vaping a really great flavor. But this one is my travel and bedside rig. Again, VERY satisfying.

Also, think of if we need to Bug Out. My backpack has plenty of pockets but I'll have another side leg bag with my equipment in it. Just sayin'.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Everyone needs a bugout bag.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Oh I am not new to RBA's, I got tons of them, including 3 hurricane's, but I have been caught out a few times at work with a burnt tank, and I am not in a job where I can easily rewick, so wanted a good tank for work and I can carry spare coils, at home I am strictly a RTA guy ;)

A little late, but congrats on your 333 Vaperversary, Nailz!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm a big time MTL vaper! Curious to see what the consensus ends up being...

For me, at the moment, the new Kayfun 5 is the bees-knees! Been reading about a lot of folks stating that they find it too airy, but I find the the adjustments match spot-on to what Svoëmesto said. I always liked the draw on the KFL+, and I find the K5 afc on position 1 to be pretty much identical. K5 is super easy to build, not very many moving parts, and flavor for miles.

Rob, pbusardo is a MTL. He adores the Kayfuns. In fact, he about wore out his v4 when the v5 came out. He found it too airy so he contacted SvoeMesto and they sent him 3 different adapters to tighten the airflow. Ohhh, he's such a happy camper. Watch his video on the Kayfun5. I emailed him asking if they will be coming out with the adapters for resale. He said he'd let me know. Seriously, watch his video. I'm not sure at what point he mentions the adapters.

I'm seriously considering purchasing the v4 and v5. But due to the current political climate, I need to stick with quick coil replacement tanks. Although, I did just order 800 kanthal and clapton pre-made coils. Great deal at 200ea. Enjoy!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yes I got one and is my work tank, I really like the 1.2 and 1.8ohm coils, they are clapton coils, so do run at 23 watts, but good flavor for premade coils, I liked it so much bought a 2nd tank as a backup and been stocking up with coils, already had 6 packs, and just go these 15 packs last week, oh and got 5 more packs tomorrow

DSTUiZo.jpg

I have seen stocking up with coils, as they are hard to find and because of FDA regs, I want to make sure I got at least 2 years supply, this 15 packs I got from cigabuy, and the other 5 I got from 3fvape.

I tried the RBA head, and was good flavor, but had a little leaking, and not really wanting to use the RBA at work, so just went onto the premade coils.

Want 3 more? I have a Tri, Quad and a Six I have no use for.

F

fckaugust8th

I seem to remember a kayfun v5 MTL adapter/kit on ebay. It was from a seller in Germany and the price was north of $20 which was too much for a "El cheapo" clone. I'm happy with the k3 mini and mini plus for now.

F

fckaugust8th

@Trixy and @Nailz, I'm kinda lost here....which tank are you two talking about? The only tank using premade coils I'm using currently is the Melo 3 mini. Is there another?
Trixy, you have a great idea of listing all tanks we use but I felt that it is such an individual choice that all I could do was relate my personal experience. My tastes change and I find myself alternate tanks and mods so naming "the tank" would be like pushing a car uphill. ...with a rope.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Trixy and @Nailz, I'm kinda lost here....which tank are you two talking about? The only tank using premade coils I'm using currently is the Melo 3 mini. Is there another?
Trixy, you have a great idea of listing all tanks we use but I felt that it is such an individual choice that all I could do was relate my personal experience. My tastes change and I find myself alternate tanks and mods so naming "the tank" would be like pushing a car uphill. ...with a rope.

I am using the Smok mini with 1.8 clapton MTL coils for my work tank, really good vape for pre-made coils.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

No review, Brew. Just a list. We can look them up and compare ourselves. Thanks for responding!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I am using the Smok mini with 1.8 clapton MTL coils for my work tank, really good vape for pre-made coils.

I didn't know SMOK made a mini that could be used as a MTL. I'm going to check that out. Need to find a mod/ego that would suit that. God, what this world is coming to is disastrous - literally!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't know SMOK made a mini that could be used as a MTL. I'm going to check that out. Need to find a mod/ego that would suit that. God, what this world is coming to is disastrous - literally!

Well mine was actually the micro, just used the larger glass to turn it into a mini, but still a 22mm tank, and still a sub ohm tank, they just do MTL coils too - http://www.smoktech.com/atomizer/micro-tfv4

VU Sponsors