Become a Patron!

Ni200 what mode to use ?

AlexDTA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am currently running a crown tank with ni200 cOIL and kuchia MOD,what mode should I be running my coil at "Ni"PWR"TI" which mode should I be running it in? Don't know anything really, would anyone care to help?? Thanks

AlexDTA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am currently running a crown tank with ni200 cOIL and kuchia MOD,what mode should I be running my coil at "Ni"PWR"TI" which mode should I be running it in? Don't know anything really, would anyone care to help?? Thanks

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know anything about that kuchia, but with a NI200 coil you would want to use the 'Ni' mode. Ni and Ti modes are the temperature control modes, with Ni standing for nickel wire, and Ti standing for titanium wire.

AlexDTA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh alight I see, thanks still have other question for some reason when I take a hit it tastes like mental every time I inhale , what temperature should I be having it at ?

Attachments

• IMG_0041.JPG
    IMG_0041.JPG
    749.9 KB · Views: 7

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't explain any menthol taste unless your juice has menthol or if you have previously use it in your coil head. The menthol will hang around for a while if this occurs.

Try setting your temperature at 400 degrees and adjust up or down from there according to your taste. The vape will become cooler and weaker as the temp is lowered. As temp is raised too far, the flavor will begin to diminish; higher yet and you will notice drier hits and a burnt taste may develop. Lower the temperature to prevent this. Right now I am using a temp of 430.

AlexDTA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a brand new tank and coil just started using it ?

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
for some reason when I take a hit it tastes like mental every time I inhale
Do you mean menthol or metal?
If you meant metal, get your temp set to a comfortable level and that taste should go away after about 1/2 the tank of juice is used up.
for properly priming your coil.
There is a method that'll help shorten that metal taste a bit.
Your temp may be just a bit low to get the full flavor out of it since you're only at 388°F
However if that temp is working for you just keep hitting it for a bit and that metal taste will slowly go away.

If you indeed meant menthol, I've got nothing for that unless you put menthol flavored juice in it.

AlexDTA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is no methol juice gross yes I meant Metal

Last edited:

AlexDTA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
haha
Check out the video and see if it helps any.
I just watched it , it helped quite a bit! but I'm still a little lost , I'm in NI mod at 400F and i still seem to be getting metal taste afterward just little taste of it but not much , my resistance keep bouncing around to different numbers ? Why is that ? I think I meant just not try with NI coils , can't seem to understand them and don't wanna get my self sick from it

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That taste should subside within the first 1/4 to 1/2 tank.
Been a long time since I've used a Crown tank but I do recall they had that issue.
Guess I thought they resolved it long ago but evidently not.
You can edit your temperature to your liking.
If 400 doesn't do it for you, try 420 or more.
If it gets too warm, just back it down.

Were you previously a smoker?
Is there nicotine in your juice?
What flavor of juice is it?
Do you know who makes your juice?

If I remember correctly the mod is reading your LIVE resistance, it can fluctuate a bit once hot.
Check it again once it cools down.

AlexDTA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes I was a smoker , yeh there is nicotine 6mg. The flavor of my juice is maniac by time bomb

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could not find any info on "Kuchia" mod, but you might want to lock in your resistance then set your temperature to 480 degrees F to get those Ni200 coils to perform well. I use 2 V1 Crown tanks in temp mode with Nickel coils and the flavor and vapor production rivals many of the new tank and coil designs. Use Ni and T1 coils in temp mode only. You can use SS in both temp and wattage modes. Kanthal in wattage mode only. Good luck, and welcome to VU.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
If you've been using your Ni coil in PWR mode instead of Ni TC mode that can mess up the coil. Maybe try another one. I'm not familiar with your mod but mine, when I use it in TC (Ti) mode, doesn't display the wattage when I fire it. It displays the temperature and this will bounce around quite a bit. The Crown Ni200 coils I think are 0.15 ohm. I vape 0.15 ohm Ni200 Kanger coils at 460 to 500 degrees (F) and pump in 40W to bring it up to temp. If the coil is OK and you're getting the metal taste this will subside after the first tank is vaped.

AlexDTA

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you've been using your Ni coil in PWR mode instead of Ni TC mode that can mess up the coil. Maybe try another one. I'm not familiar with your mod but mine, when I use it in TC (Ti) mode, doesn't display the wattage when I fire it. It displays the temperature and this will bounce around quite a bit. The Crown Ni200 coils I think are 0.15 ohm. I vape 0.15 ohm Ni200 Kanger coils at 460 to 500 degrees (F) and pump in 40W to bring it up to temp. If the coil is OK and you're getting the metal taste this will subside after the first tank is vaped.
What do you mean by pump 40 W ?

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have the power set to 40w. Lower wattage will take longer to reach 500 degrees. More will be faster.

VU Sponsors