Become a Patron!

NIC STORAGE IN FREEZER...

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone have info on storing NIC in the freezer? I am curious as to how much the shelf life is extended. About to order more NIC and with regulations getting stiffer, not sure if I should get a year supply for a 20year supply... This happened a cpl years ago when many panic purchased a gallon of nic - but it's still being sold- more expensive than it was but still available.

The expiration date printed on 100mg/ml max VG Delosi NicSalt from NicBase.com is 1 year. I keep the bottle I got last Dec in the freezer and it still seems to be as fresh as the day it arrived.

Wondering if anyone has had some stored for multiple years and how that has panned out???

EDIT: I am referring to VG NIC SALTS here. I prefer VG NIC so that I can reach the 80/20 VG/PG. I use 10% NIC so if it was in PG, I wouldnt be able to reach the 80/20 mix in some recipes. If it turns out that it stores better in PG, then I may switch and just deal with 75/25 mixes - dont imagine it will be a noticeable difference. As it stands, most of what I'm mixing gets 0-3g of PG, I use 3-4g of Nic (in a 30ml mix) so it wouldnt be much of a difference - just omit adding any PG at all.

TIA

Last edited:

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Does anyone have info on storing NIC in the freezer?
Store it in glass, preferably amber to keep out light, with polycone caps at -1 F or lower. The consensus is that it should last a lifetime.
not sure if I should get a year supply for a 20year supply
20. A massive tax was proposed in congress. It failed but it's very likely to be introduced again.
The expiration date printed on 100mg/ml max VG Delosi NicSalt from NicBase.com is 1 year.
Sure but that's not frozen.
Wondering if anyone has had some stored for multiple years and how that has panned out?
Personally, no, but I've seen several folks report their nic frozen for 5 years being fine; clear, odorless, and full strength.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for that - was going to get a liter and 4 of their 250ml blue bottles so I can keep air out of the majority and work out of a smaller bottle...

Will look for some glass bottles instead and enough for a gallon.

Can't imagine any difference between amber/dark blue, esp being buried in back of deep freezer. No idea what the temp is but I keep it on 6 - max cold is 8. I'll get a thermometer and check it.

No mention of PG vs VG yet so I'll work on the glass bottles to get started.

Thanks again!!

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Can't imagine any difference between amber/dark blue
Should be fine.
Will look for some glass bottles
glassbottleoutlet.com - boston-round, w/ poly cone cap
No mention of PG vs VG yet
Most folks find nic in PG easier to work with because PG is less viscous than VG but, far as I know, nic in VG will be ok in a freezer. Probably able to get both the same place you get the nic. Just make sure you get USP Grade.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks again @Freyja - your name has me thinking about The Witcher and an adventure to Skellige!

I did see that I can get full cases (16oz & 8oz) at GlassBottleOutlet for $60 but might go with BottleStore.com and just get 8x 16oz and 4x 8oz for $40 - enough to hold a gallon plus a cpl extra bottles. I have so much stuff - running out of room, lol

I also like working out of the plastic bottles with a funnel cap and find it's easier to drip VG because the PG just gushes out and is harder to control by the drop... Suppose I could just put some PG in a dropper bottle but I try to keep it simple and use the least amount of equipment possible.... Mix right out of the big bottles!

I need to get some new funnel caps that are sealed so I can cut the tip myself and make a smaller hole for PG.

The funnel caps off the Harbor Freight bottles fit the 250ml Nic bottle perfectly!

Used to use syringes but that gets messy, takes longer, and more stuff to store/organize.

IMG_20221122_102132832.jpg

Doomsday Vaper

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone have info on storing NIC in the freezer? I am curious as to how much the shelf life is extended. About to order more NIC and with regulations getting stiffer, not sure if I should get a year supply for a 20year supply... This happened a cpl years ago when many panic purchased a gallon of nic - but it's still being sold- more expensive than it was but still available.

The expiration date printed on 100mg/ml max VG Delosi NicSalt from NicBase.com is 1 year. I keep the bottle I got last Dec in the freezer and it still seems to be as fresh as the day it arrived.

Wondering if anyone has had some stored for multiple years and how that has panned out???

EDIT: I am referring to VG NIC SALTS here. I prefer VG NIC so that I can reach the 80/20 VG/PG. I use 10% NIC so if it was in PG, I wouldnt be able to reach the 80/20 mix in some recipes. If it turns out that it stores better in PG, then I may switch and just deal with 75/25 mixes - dont imagine it will be a noticeable difference. As it stands, most of what I'm mixing gets 0-3g of PG, I use 3-4g of Nic (in a 30ml mix) so it wouldnt be much of a difference - just omit adding any PG at all.

TIA
Just mixed a quart of juice yesterday with nic from the freezer dated 2016. Stored in regular ol glass mason jars.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Significant difference in price!! $39.17 vs $57.98

Am I missing something here??? @Freyja or anyone - wondering if there is a difference in quality.

Anyone have discount codes?

BottleStore.com - $39.17

1669172734023.png

Yes, these are both 12 packs with poly cone lids, even though the 8oz doesn't say so

1669173270923.png

GlassBottleOutlet.com - $57.98

1669172772993.png

Last edited:

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
@BrokenChef, currently I'm using Nude Nicotine Armor v2 PG based nic from 2016... it's crystal clear and has no peppery taste whatsoever. It tastes like it did when new. NN is the only nicotine I've ever purchased. I bought enough to last the rest of my life.

NN sealed each brown Boston round bottle with 99.9% medical-grade Argon gas and then a septum to seal the nic. I draw the nic with a syringe through the septum (it self-seals). No air ever gets in the bottle. I bought NN's nic in their 120ml bottles. That size works perfect for my needs. I store the bottle I'm using in my fridge. All the rest is stored in my freezers at two locations.

I know a few others who have the same nic, one in particular is still using his from 2015.

Nicotine will last if stored properly in a freezer. Use Boston rounds with poly cone caps as @Freyja said.

Use the Vapocalypse Calculator to determine how much nicotine you might need...

Good luck!!!

Last edited:

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@BigEmptySky Thanks for the info!!

I used NudeNic until they closed but did notice they opened back up - I really like the 100mg/ml max VG Delosi Salt Nic from NicBase.com so I'll get a gallon ($275 with shipping). NudeNic is more than double the price - would be $761 plus shipping for the same amount - 4.5L.

Pretty neat calculator - but hard to estimate - some days I go through 5ml, some days 10. I originally started vaping at 24mg/ml but am now down to 8 and intend to decrease to as time goes by. It's taken 15 years to get from 24 to 8 though, lol

Last edited:

VU Sponsors