Become a Patron!

Nickel coils keep burning

Zyed

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm running a single coil in my The Troll by motofo on my ijoy capo 100w. Is that the reason why its burning? I read that a lot of people run single coils on dual coil builds. If I'm not supposed to do this why is that exactly?

I have to with the current wire im wrapping with. I'm wrapping Ni200 24 AWG with 8 wraps 3.0 mm including half wraps. Using a single coil is the only way I can get appropriate ohms for this device to fire. Does .6 ohms sounds correct for this single coil?

It hits just fine but eventually I get a burnt taste and the coil is burnt. What is happening and should I just get a thinner wire for more resistance to run dual coil? I don't have enough room for more wraps..

Is the coil looking a little black in areas and tan in others (primarily in the middle of the coil, yes its spaced) an indication for it to be burning? Or is that just the juice burning on it? I never dry fired it and only ran it in TC mode.

Last edited:

Fog Monsters Inc

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
titanium or stainless steel coils allows you to limit the exact temperature of your vape.I'll put the wattage down to 1 watt before switching modes to make sure it doesn't miss-fire and burn my coil.

Caspervapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I use ni200, I use ni200 28g I do an 11 wrap single coil 3mm id build which reads .09 to ,11! Are you using temperature control mode? If your using regular power mode, that' your problem!

VU Sponsors