Become a Patron!

Nicotine headache?

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I smoked happily for about 25 years, then started getting headaches and generally disliking the butts. I started vaping about 6 months ago and it was wonderful. Still sneaking butts here and there, but not 25 a day like before. Now the headaches are coming back. I'm down to 3mg juice and every toot lately makes my head hurt.
I'm positive it's the nic. Has anyone else experienced this?
I know the obvious answer is to go to 0 nic, but I'm afraid I'll start smoking full time again.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I smoked happily for about 25 years, then started getting headaches and generally disliking the butts. I started vaping about 6 months ago and it was wonderful. Still sneaking butts here and there, but not 25 a day like before. Now the headaches are coming back. I'm down to 3mg juice and every toot lately makes my head hurt.
I'm positive it's the nic. Has anyone else experienced this?
I know the obvious answer is to go to 0 nic, but I'm afraid I'll start smoking full time again.
What type of vape gear are you using? You can go down in nic still, you don't have to go to zero. Many places customize your nic level. And, there's always the option of making your own, or buying zero and 3mg to dilute it.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if the PG is causing your issue? Have you tried different flavors of juice - maybe it's one particular flavoring?

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using a tfv4 @100 watts. I've tried every flavor..mostly max vg. Maybe I'll try lowering nic..I know vape kitchen does 1.5.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using a tfv4 @100 watts. I've tried every flavor..mostly max vg. Maybe I'll try lowering nic..I know vape kitchen does 1.5.
Just try 0 nic to see if it is in fact the nic! You could also try lowering your wattage - you're getting a pretty big nic hit at that wattage.

VU Sponsors