Become a Patron!

Nicotine is still harsh, unsure of what to do.

Hey guys!!

First time posting here. I have been mixing my own liquid for about a year now, best choice I could have made cost-wise. Let me get right to the point.

I am currently using Nude Nicotine as my main nic source - 100mg/ml 100%VG
I make an 80/20 VG/PG 1.5mg/ml nic with 10% Flavoring in a 30ml glass dropper.

My current problem is that even with only using .45ml of nicotine, it still is pretty harsh. I make sure to store the nic in the freezer at -18 degrees Celsius. I have tried placing the nicotine before all of the other ingredients, after all of the ingredients, and in the very middle. And after shaking it like crazy its like nothing has changed.

I will be honest and say that i do vape it shortly after shaking it like crazy, as it isn't a complex recipe and tastes perfect right after mixing, its just the harshness of the nicotine.

I am not perfectly comfortable at 1.5mg nic because i do want to add a little bit more, but from what i am dealing with, im terrified to go up any higher. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I really appreciate your time in looking at this, please let me know.

Tl:dr in bold

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried the mix without nicotine? At 1.5mg it's hard to imagine any nic being harsh.

That's what I'm saying! and Yes i have and haven't dealt with any harshness at all! Could it possible be that the nic just hasnt had enough time to distribute throughout the whole bottle? Sometimes i do notice at certain points it gets alot less harsh, but then will pick back up again at the bottom for sure.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what I'm saying! and Yes i have and haven't dealt with any harshness at all! Could it possible be that the nic just hasnt had enough time to distribute throughout the whole bottle? Sometimes i do notice at certain points it gets alot less harsh, but then will pick back up again at the bottom for sure.
Be sure to shake your nic well before using it, and then do the same with your finished bottle of juice. If you're getting nic hotspots after that I'm all out of ideas - sorry! Have you tried a different nic? I haven't used that one, so I just can't comment - I use vaperstek nic, which is very smooth.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Are you also shaking the bottle of nic prior to mixing? Maybe you got a harsh batch of nic?

Are you also shaking the bottle of nic prior to mixing? Maybe you got a harsh batch of nic?
Be sure to shake your nic well before using it, and then do the same with your finished bottle of juice. If you're getting nic hotspots after that I'm all out of ideas - sorry! Have you tried a different nic? I haven't used that one, so I just can't comment - I use vaperstek nic, which is very smooth.

You know what? I have not shaken my bottle of nic once at all to be completely honest, could it really make that much of a difference?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My only thought would be hot spots with the NIC separating from the VG.
Especially if you pull it from the freezer and use it to mix, which I'll assume you don't.
If it's really cold shaking it doesn't do much IMO.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You know what? I have not shaked my bottle of nic once at all to be completely honest, could it really make that much of a difference?
YES Sounds like you might be getting hot spots of nic.

Shake the nic prior to splitting it up and again prior to mixing. Or roll the bottle back and forth.

Especially if you pull it from the freezer and use it to mix, which I'll assume you don't.

So should I pull it from the freezer and let it thin out a little a shake it then? Cuz yes i do pull it right from the freezer and even though its very thick, i can still pull what i need into the syringe and put it into my mix.

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Has it been like that for the year you have been vaping or just recently? Maybe you got a bad batch of nic?

#TeamJimi
Sent from a pay phone

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So should I pull it from the freezer and let it thin out a little a shake it then? Cuz yes i do pull it right from the freezer and even though its very thick, i can still pull what i need into the syringe and put it into my mix.
When I get nic from my freezer, I let it come to room temp before I mix with it, USUALLY. When I'm done mixing, I keep it in the fridge after. I only leave a small working bottle at a time. The rest is in the freezer.

YES Sounds like you might be getting hot spots of nic.

Shake the nic prior to splitting it up and again prior to mixing. Or roll the bottle back and forth.

Thank you guys very much for all of your input, it has been extremely helpful. I had no idea shaking the nic bottle was necessary seeing as I thought the manufacturer took care of all that xD. From what you guys are saying it definitely sounds like hot spots.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I think the cold has some effect on separation too.
I won't hurt to warm it up some first, just hot water baths to get it warm.
Then roll it around or shake it.
Separate into smaller 30/60ml bottles and keep one out of the freezer for mixing.

Has it been like that for the year you have been vaping or just recently? Maybe you got a bad batch of nic?

#TeamJimi
Sent from a pay phone
I bought a smaller bottle before but I left it at room temperature for the eight months I have had it, which was a really bad idea. My new bottle of nic i now store in the freezer because of that. I am not certain its a bad batch because I had ordered a bottle of nic from RTS vapes before those two from Nude Nicotine and that was even worse.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is hot spots in nicotine? Sorry if it's a stupid question? So many things to remember and learn :facepalm:

I think the cold has some effect on separation too.
I won't hurt to warm it up some first, just hot water baths to get it warm.
Then roll it around or shake it.
Separate into smaller 30/60ml bottles and keep one out of the freezer for mixing.

I might just go ahead and try that out, from what you guys are saying. it sounds like the freezer is long term storage and the bottle of nic u have refrigerated is for more immediate use.

Thank you very much! :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might just go ahead and try that out, from what you guys are saying. it sounds like the freezer is long term storage and the bottle of nic u have refrigerated is for more immediate use.

Exactly. I keep a working bottle (glass) in the fridge and the rest in the freezer! But you do have to make sure the nic is well mixed before you split into smaller bottles to store.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nicotine base, more so with VG nicotine base, needs to be shaken like a (removed) before mixing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What is hot spots in nicotine? Sorry if it's a stupid question? So many things to remember and learn :facepalm:

NIC content is measured by "NIC content" per ml, so if it separates, those numbers change.
If the NIC rises to the top of the bottle, the ratio will be stronger at the top and weaker at the bottom of the bottle.
(Just a simple example)
One of the reasons I prefer PG/NIC, as it doesn't tend to separate so bad.
But I still shake it up anyway.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I don't even bother with the refrigerator part as I've only got 30ml to use for mixing.
Probably gone before a month even.
But I also cut my 100mg NIC down to 50mg, just for safer handling & mixing.
In your case you could mix it with 50% PG if you wanted.

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Have you tried a PG base of Nic instead of VG? When I first started mixing I had the same problem - very harsh (sharp even) and had a really bad smell/taste. After some research I bought some PG based Nic and have not had the problem since - about 18 months now! May be worth buying a small bottle in pg base?

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do people really find it necessary to keep their mixing bottle in the fridge? I've used 100% VG for the couple years I've been mixing. Always break the liter down to 120ml amber glass dropper bottles. In my experience, all it takes it running a bottle under cold water (which warms up the frozen bottle), and using the body heat of my hands. I tilt and rotate the bottle, and within less than a minute it has thawed enough to mix easily. The tilting and rotating do a good part of the mixing, and then when I unscrew the dripper drop I stir the liquid for 20-30 seconds to so. Works like a charm.

After I'm finished mixing, I put the nic bottle right back in the freezer. I figure, keep it frozen for as high a percentage of time as possible.

Do some people have the notion that there's a downside to freezing/unfreezing nic with too much frequency?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Baby isn't a bad word. The context in which "baby" was used caused the edit.

It broke none of the VU rules.

Rules:

Be an Adult! (and yes, that means members are 18+, no exceptions)

1. No Drug/Dry Herb/CBD related pics, videos, posts, or Drug/Dry Herb/CBD references in comments please or in a user name.

2. No racist, homophobic, bigoted, sexist terms will be tolerated, including in a user name.

3. Only one user membership per person.

4. No posting of nudity pictures- Removals/warnings will be up to the Staff/Admin to determine

5. No affiliate or referral links are permitted, and no raffles are to be sold for profit or otherwise. Please contact an Admin about legal Charity raffles.

6. No pictures or videos of TRUE violence against people or animals.

7. All above rules also apply to your avatar pic.

So, if your are going to willy nilly edit what offends you, you can go ahead and fuck off. I'll be keeping this bookmarked so I can show it every time someone bitches about ecf mods.

Carry on. It's funny how forums evolve, especially when this one was formed because of tactics just like this.

Beating a dead (removed) :deadhorse:

LOL. Petty fuck. Go find the 6 other times I've said it and edit them too.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It broke none of the VU rules.

Rules:

Be an Adult! (and yes, that means members are 18+, no exceptions)

1. No Drug/Dry Herb/CBD related pics, videos, posts, or Drug/Dry Herb/CBD references in comments please or in a user name.

2. No racist, homophobic, bigoted, sexist terms will be tolerated, including in a user name.

3. Only one user membership per person.

4. No posting of nudity pictures- Removals/warnings will be up to the Staff/Admin to determine

5. No affiliate or referral links are permitted, and no raffles are to be sold for profit or otherwise. Please contact an Admin about legal Charity raffles.

6. No pictures or videos of TRUE violence against people or animals.

7. All above rules also apply to your avatar pic.

So, if your are going to willy nilly edit what offends you, you can go ahead and fuck off. I'll be keeping this bookmarked so I can show it every time someone bitches about ecf mods.

Carry on. It's funny how forums evolve, especially when this one was formed because of tactics just like this.
Say what you want about me. Your comment was reported, I showed it to 2 other moderators and we were all in agreement that it was an unnecessary, and violent comment. You could have chosen many methods to describe shaking a bottle. The words you chose caused someone to report the post and the decision was made.

I seriously get sick and tired of people even attempting to bitch and moan about this forum being anything at all like ECF. Most of the people that go crying this, wouldn't have made it as far as their first month here. You know this, I know this. Refer people to this post all you like. We have never been and never will be ECF. You dislike that I edited your wording, fine, tell me to fuck off all you like. I d o n' t c a r e.

My apologies to the OP for the derail.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Say what you want about me. Your comment was reported, I showed it to 2 other moderators and we were all in agreement that it was an unnecessary, and violent comment. You could have chosen many methods to describe shaking a bottle. The words you chose caused someone to report the post and the decision was made.

I seriously get sick and tired of people even attempting to bitch and moan about this forum being anything at all like ECF. Most of the people that go crying this, wouldn't have made it as far as their first month here. You know this, I know this. Refer people to this post all you like. We have never been and never will be ECF. You dislike that I edited your wording, fine, tell me to fuck off all you like. I d o n' t c a r e.

My apologies to the OP for the derail.

Fuck off Huck. It's a common saying, as violent as saying "beating a dead horse". There is a fucking emote for beating a dead horse.

You got offended and in ECF fashion, took it upon yourself to be the fucking PC police. I give a fuck about you seriously getting tired about anything. If you are going to act like an ECF mod, then you get to be talked about like an ECF mod.

I broke no rule. There is no rule that says "Do not post any saying that will offend Huckleberried".

Oh, and the fact that other mods backed you up does not make it any less ECF like. It makes it MORE ecf like.

Now go find all the other times I've said the exact same thing and edit those too. You'll find them in thread just like this one.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Fuck off Huck. It's a common saying, as violent as saying "beating a dead horse". There is a fucking emote for beating a dead horse.

You got offended and in ECF fashion, took it upon yourself to be the fucking PC police. I give a fuck about you seriously getting tired about anything. If you are going to act like an ECF mod, then you get to be talked about like an ECF mod.
personally I've never heard the term used associated with anything other than neurological damage and/or death. If it was meant as comical, then perhaps I am an old fuddy duddy. You know as well as I do that If she were acting like an ecf mod, you would not be afforeded the opportunity to rebut.
You weren't issues any warning points or even a warning at all. The term reported was simply edited out of the statement.
it woule be nice for OP's thread to be able to return to its topic; however.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
personally I've never heard the term used associated with anything other than neurological damage and/or death. If it was meant as comical, then perhaps I am an old fuddy duddy. You know as well as I do that If she were acting like an ecf mod, you would not be afforeded the opportunity to rebut.
You weren't issues any warning points or even a warning at all. The term reported was simply edited out of the statement.
it woule be nice for OP's thread to be able to return to its topic; however.

What rule did it break? Should I ask permission on what sayings I'm allowed to use. Can you provide a list of the sayings you have heard before so I have them for reference? Or maybe a list of the things that offend your tender sensibilities? I certainly can't read your mind.

Or do you want to just willy nilly edit the ones you don't like? I'll start using the report button every time someone says something that might be offensive.

I wasn't given a warning because I didn't break any fucking rules. The post was edited, not because it broke a rule, but simply because Huckleberried didn't like it.

If you don't want threads hijacked, don't fucking hijack them with willy nilly edits. If my posts don't break rules, and they don't, then leave them the fuck alone.

PC-police-2.jpg

Last edited:

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What rule did it break? Should I ask permission on what sayings I'm allowed to use. Can you provide a list of the sayings you have heard before so I have them for reference? Or maybe a list of the things that offend your tender sensibilities? I certainly can't read your mind.

Or do you want to just willy nilly edit the ones you don't like? I'll start using the report button every time someone says something that might be offensive.

I wasn't given a warning because I didn't break any fucking rules. The post was edited, not because it broke a rule, but simply because Huckleberried didn't like it.

If you don't want threads hijacked, don't fucking hijack them with willy nilly edits. If my posts don't break rules, and they don't, then leave them the fuck alone.

PC-police-2.jpg
You sound like a stroppy teenager. A word got deleted from one of your posts. Big deal. Pick your dummy up mate.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can't tell you any more clearly than a complaint was received, the post was reviewed and edited. I didn't just go blindly through threads editing things that offend me.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't tell you any more clearly than a complaint was received, the post was reviewed and edited. I didn't just go blindly through threads editing things that offend me.

What rule was broken?

Answer that one question. Then explain to me why someone else's butthurt should get my post edited.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would suggest you say .....shake it like your strangeling Donald Trumps throat and see if they let it fly.
Hi pulsevape! how you doing brother?
that works for me, secret service might even help.
I'm exhausted, I got nothin...

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi pulsevape! how you doing brother?
that works for me, secret service might even help.
I'm exhausted, I got nothin...
got 4 new samsung 30Qs and am playing with my newish Origen v2 mkII genny a 4mm mesh wick with 4 wraps of 26 gauge .6 coil....still loving my PAPs. how you doing.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shake it like a leaky penis.
wow penis is cool baby is not..I guess dead baby jokes are right out....I ran into the same thing..I can say whatever I want about mormons catholics fundmentalist but man you start talking about muslims and the boot comes down....

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I get nic from my freezer, I let it come to room temp before I mix with it, USUALLY. When I'm done mixing, I keep it in the fridge after. I only leave a small working bottle at a time. The rest is in the freezer.
^^^^This^^^^^

I use Nude Nicotine 100% VG exclusively. When just pulling it from the freezer it's thicker than axle grease, it needs to be at least above 50F+ to mix properly.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wow penis is cool baby is not..I guess dead baby jokes are right out....I ran into the same thing..I can say whatever I want about mormons catholics fundmentalist but man you start talking about muslims and the boot comes down....

They won't answer my questions either. I guess we're just supposed to read their fucking minds.

Anyway, the precedent appears to be set. I'll just report everything that offends me. Make their job easier chasing down all the complaints.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
no points were given, it was edited due to the complaints received of violence to babies. We have several members here, it is possible that the notion may have hit severely close to home, and disturbed someone on personal level.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
no points were given, it was edited due to the complaints received of violence to babies. We have several members here, it is possible that the notion may have hit severely close to home, and disturbed someone on personal level.

There was no violence to babies. :rolleyes:

There are several thousand members here. It's impossible to not offend one. And you still didn't answer any questions but never mind, I'll start a thread about it so you all can tell us regular folks what we can and can't say since it's not covered in the rules.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All of this is moot as shaken baby syndrome is a myth. It's just cover for big pharma and vaccine damage. Now that I cleared that up, can we get back to whatever the OP wanted to discuss In the first place?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thread is like watching Monty Pythons Vaping Circus

I agree. People were easily offended by Monty Python too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undertakers_sketch

"Following its initial broadcast of the sketch in 1970, the BBC wiped the sketch from the master tape and replaced it with the "Spot the Braincell" sketch from episode 7 of the second series ("The Attila the Hun Show")."

But, it was funny. Screw the easily offended.

VU Sponsors