Become a Patron!

Nicotine Storage?

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One of the suppliers had $40 Nicotine, 100mg, 1 liter. I didn't know how long it would keep, so I didn't order. It was really tempting since my state keeps trying to tax nicotine in ejuice. It takes .9 ml of 100 mg to turn a 30 ml into 3 mg, which is what I vape. I looked at the math and that would have made like 1100 bottles of 3 mg. But I had a few questions. How long will nicotine store? Whats the best way to store nicotine? Any storage advantage PG or VG base nicotine?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Break it down into smaller glass bottles, fill to the top, and store in the freezer. Only take out a small amount that you'll use within a few weeks - I keep that in the fridge (but it does get very hot where I live). I don't think anyone really knows how long it lasts in the freezer, but I've read reports of anywhere between 4 years and 10 years (so far).

I prefer PG because it's easier to work with, and easier to ensure the nic is properly mixed.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great time for storage questions too. I had a liter of that nic (50/50 pg/vg) that lasted me a good year and a half. I also make juice for a few friends and family members so I'm sure it would last you even longer if you were just making for yourself. But I never noticed any degradation in mine at all and the 50/50 was never a problem to work with. Just do what Amanda said and divide it into smaller (120ml or maybe 240 ml glass bottles).

I would suggest waiting a couple of weeks to buy because all of the Black Friday sales are right around the corner. The vendor to which you were referring was My Freedom Smokes. That deal has come around at least 3 or 4 times this past year and I'm pretty confident you'll see it again very shortly. Just keep an eye on Joe's deals page (and by keep an eye, I mean STALK it! LOL).

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gonna try to get one every other payday and pad the freezer before the nazis take over. ;)

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great time for storage questions too. I had a liter of that nic (50/50 pg/vg) that lasted me a good year and a half. I also make juice for a few friends and family members so I'm sure it would last you even longer if you were just making for yourself. But I never noticed any degradation in mine at all and the 50/50 was never a problem to work with. Just do what Amanda said and divide it into smaller (120ml or maybe 240 ml glass bottles).

I would suggest waiting a couple of weeks to buy because all of the Black Friday sales are right around the corner. The vendor to which you were referring was My Freedom Smokes. That deal has come around at least 3 or 4 times this past year and I'm pretty confident you'll see it again very shortly. Just keep an eye on Joe's deals page (and by keep an eye, I mean STALK it! LOL).

Thanks, Soulshine on the vendor. Being new to the forum I wasn't sure about naming vendors and didn't want to break any rules. Thanks everybody on the storage answers. I see a liter of Nic in my immediate future.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought one. I feel a bit more comfy on my nic supply now.

Never fails, I leave Vaperstek and end up at Packaging Options Direct, LOL!

Lol, I bought a bunch of bottles from them this summer ... they had a supplier problem and it took almost 3 months for them to fill my order but they finally did. I'm pretty sure it was an uncommon situation but I wasn't impressed with their level of communication at first. I hope yours goes through without a hitch! :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if you can like Age Nicotine in Oak barrels ya know maybe have it produce some odd taste to add to Ejuice kinda like a bizarre form of Absinthe

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lol, I bought a bunch of bottles from them this summer ... they had a supplier problem and it took almost 3 months for them to fill my order but they finally did. I'm pretty sure it was an uncommon situation but I wasn't impressed with their level of communication at first. I hope yours goes through without a hitch! :)
I've never had a single issue with them. I hope so, too! I've always been pleased with their service. Service goes a LONG way.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I once had an issue with some bottles taking forever, but generally they've been ok - and the prices are right, particularly when they have a shipping deal!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've never had MFS nic, but what I taste with VT TH is clean, flavorless nic. I really don't get much TH at all. What it does is make my mixes come ALIVE! Super tasty vapes.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am only 1.5 mg nic in my fluid. Would I even tell a difference between VT regular and their throat hit?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never used the throat hit, so I can't say. And I vape 3mg, not 1.5mg, so it might not be the same anyway!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I make it a habit to check everyone's prices every week or so. Hope this price holds steady for awhile.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@HeadInClouds causes the vendor stampedes on flavors, now I've just created a nic riot like Black Friday at Walmart.....:oops:.....LOL!!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
WIthout getting into some grand debate, I'm just gonna say, that not everyone minds it that way. It's not over-powering AT ALL, stays clear, stays neutral in flavor. I've been buying VT nic for a while now and I'll continue to buy this one.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is there some reason people shouldn't be told what it is?

I personally wouldn't recommend buying already old nic for long term storage. It just kinda,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,defeats the purpose of long term storage. It's not really a debate.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is it really already old nic or how it is processed? Wizard is peppery. That means all their nic is old. I don't know about that.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would you take nic that sells for $125 a liter, process it for TH and then sell it for $25 a liter for a $100 dollar loss?

It's old. ;)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still do not believe the idea that any Nicotine changes a mix why is it I have never experienced this? Is it possible that this is mass inducted
Even though I already have a lifetime supply in the freezer,
I just bought more. Impossible to pass up THAT much of a deal on the only nic I use!
Many thanks, @Teresa P
Thats why you are thinking look at poor Scary he moved to Dallas and needs some free NIC and you are about to send him some right?

:)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I still do not believe the idea that any Nicotine changes a mix why is it I have never experienced this? Is it possible that this is mass inducted

Thats why you are thinking look at poor Scary he moved to Dallas and needs some free NIC and you are about to send him some right?

hmmm...if you cannot tell the difference, I should send you my old WL nic. It is tucked waaaay under the dessicated frozen food, apocalypse supply for people like you. I would have to quit vaping if that's all I had.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I've got some Totally Wicked nic that would make someone stand at attention too....ha!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hmmm...if you cannot tell the difference, I should send you my old WL nic. It is tucked waaaay under the dessicated frozen food, apocalypse supply for people like you. I would have to quit vaping if that's all I had.
Whaaa? People like me? I will show you some Desiccated ejuice you!!! :)

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have enough nic to make 3000 240ml base bottles in the freezer right now. I go through one 240 ml in a month, sometimes a little less. I just don't know about buying that as it would sit in there literally for years before I got to it.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Freezing all but halts the oxidation process.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My calculation was off, so I HAD to order. I blame @Teresa P. Now enough glass bottles for I liter. I have no idea. I just want larger ones for this.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just tossed the whole liter in the freezer soon as I got it out of the box. I'm lazy....lol!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I got a case of 12 100ml packer bottles from packaging options direct. Caps are separate.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They want $11 shipping for 10 bucks worth of merchandise. That is 50% off shipping. I don't think so.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They want $11 shipping for 10 bucks worth of merchandise. That is 50% off shipping. I don't think so.
Where are you seeing that for $10? I have a case (12) of packer botttles in my cart plus caps, and it comes to $16.71 plus shipping. Shipping is going to be fairly pricey because it's glass.

VU Sponsors