Become a Patron!

Nicotine

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Who has NIC out there for a decent price and good NIC. All ive used is MFS 1liter special. That has been working for me but I want to try others and with the new FDA rules Im looking to stock up. Whats out there that's good and reasonably priced. I dont want to pay $300 for a 1 liter. I do like somewhat of a throat hit. I vape at 18mg. The top companies Ive heard of are
  • Nicotine River
  • Wizard Labs
  • Vaperstek
  • Nude Nicotine
These are not in order of preference just brain dumping to find the best at a reasonable price.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I prefer Vaperstek Throat Hit nic, somewhat oxidized, crystal clear, lets your flavors really come out. 2 days ago, they were out of it. I've heard decent things about ECX since they switched to Nic Select. Heartland Vapes and Nicotine River, too. I've only sample Nude Nic. They have a lot of happy customers, but I wasn't one, based on that sample.

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I prefer Vaperstek Throat Hit nic, somewhat oxidized, crystal clear, lets your flavors really come out. 2 days ago, they were out of it. I've heard decent things about ECX since they switched to Nic Select. Heartland Vapes and Nicotine River, too. I've only sample Nude Nic. They have a lot of happy customers, but I wasn't one, based on that sample.
What mg do you vape? Do you get a TH from it and is it strong?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What mg do you vape? Do you get a TH from it and is it strong?
Right now I'm about 9mg. I don't personally get a strong TH from it at all. Some that were by the Premium from Vaperstek switched to the TH nic and said the same.

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Right now I'm about 9mg. I don't personally get a strong TH from it at all. Some that were by the Premium from Vaperstek switched to the TH nic and said the same.
Hmm not sure if this for me then.... I need that punch.. or at least a little flick in there.

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Its a shame they dont offer samples like some others do. Would love to try and compare before i make a huge order.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well I think the 120ml is like $10, but it's still not on the website. I'd keep checking, or call them. I'm a higher PG vaper, so I get TH from that, too.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lots of people love Vaperstek - I liked it well enough when I started, but switched to Nude, which I've also had great luck with (they had a bad batch a year or two ago that some people are still upset about) - I've toured their new facility and will vouch for the cleanliness and attention to detail there.

That said, I've got a liter on order from Nicotine River - just tacked it onto a flavor order as a backup bottle, will test in a few months but I've got a couple Nude liters in the freezer to cycle through first.

I got some unidentified nic from a local supplier once when I was mixing for personal use only quite some time ago - later learned it was sourced from MFS - compared to Vaperstek and Nude it was unfathomable garbage, honestly. I'm a low-nic (3 mg), high-VG (usually around 10/90) user, though, so take that as you will...

wallendusty

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just ordered 100MG nicotine from My Freedom Smokes. I've heard some good reviews on them. I have used wizard labs and nude nicotine in the past.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not at all content with the NicSelect nic I've gotten from ECX and NR. The liter from ECX curled the nose, and from NR it wasn't quite as bad but still much more pungent than I would like. Both seem to be OK in mixes, but really rather disappointing.

Before that I'd used MFS and Wizard, seemed fine to me but was too new to DIY to be critical, and don't really know how they'd stack up now.

Are there any coupon codes for Nude?

I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on the VT coupon last month. If only I had known about the FDA shit! :cuss:

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i use nude nicotine extended shelf life v2 nice 500 ml is about 62 there are others on the site as well

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you like th. I buy Nicotine Labs for my wife and son. I paid 24 bucks for 500 ml of 60mg. I buy 60 mg because it doesn't oxidize like 100 mg does. This nic is clean and not over priced. My choice is Chemnovatic and Carolina Xtract. But truthfully, I'm down to 3mg and makes no sense to be spending more money on very clean nic.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do most of you take your NIC base? PG? VG? Or a 50/50?

I always went with VG, but after reading that PG is a better (ie longer lasting) storage base, and since I'm stocking up in the light of Vapeocalypse, I'll be going PG now.

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I always went with VG, but after reading that PG is a better (ie longer lasting) storage base, and since I'm stocking up in the light of Vapeocalypse, I'll be going PG now.
I did the 50/50 but ditto to what you said.

Froggie1rw

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I buy my 100mg vg based nic from rtsvapes only. All other supplies taste too strong for me. Even when I was using 9mg of nic (down to 3mg now) there was no noticeable nic taste to mess up the flavor of the juice that I noticed other suppliers nic having.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wish you mentioned that you were shopping for nic. Carolina Xtract is a great product.
In most cases, I always just buy the same product from VT but noticed they were out a couple days ago, so figured I'd pick something up before everyone sold out to panic, lol. Granted, I hear it's good nic, but the price is a bit much for me.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eeeek! I suppose I'll find out tomorrow when my order gets here. VT was out, so that's what I got.

@Teresa P likes it/has had glowing experiences with NR's NicSelect. For me, both the 500ml bottle from one order, and the 2 150ml (in place of the 250ml I had ordered) bottles in another have a strongish smell which I would greatly prefer wasn't there. Smooth enough on the vape, but I don't have enough experience with other nic to know how greatly (or at all) it has been effecting the flavor of my mixes.

Please let us know what you think! :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno how I've gotten so lucky, but have never had a problem with NR. Our ac went out last summer for a couple weeks and the 30ml bottle I had out on my desk turned a slight pinkish color from the heat - it got up to nearly 90 degrees in here - but I used it anyway. Didn't taste bad. Didn't die. :teehee:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not at all content with the NicSelect nic I've gotten from ECX and NR. The liter from ECX curled the nose, and from NR it wasn't quite as bad but still much more pungent than I would like. Both seem to be OK in mixes, but really rather disappointing.

Before that I'd used MFS and Wizard, seemed fine to me but was too new to DIY to be critical, and don't really know how they'd stack up now.

Are there any coupon codes for Nude?

I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on the VT coupon last month. If only I had known about the FDA shit! :cuss:
Ack! Well, I might be out 40 bucks or so if the liter I got turns out to suck...
How do most of you take your NIC base? PG? VG? Or a 50/50?
I usually buy 60 mg in 50/50, for some of the same reasons stated above.
I dunno how I've gotten so lucky, but have never had a problem with NR. Our ac went out last summer for a couple weeks and the 30ml bottle I had out on my desk turned a slight pinkish color from the heat - it got up to nearly 90 degrees in here - but I used it anyway. Didn't taste bad. Didn't die. :teehee:
Well, there's some hope then...I'll stick with cursing under my breath because they put up 20% off TFA coupon literally a half hour after I ordered about $100 worth of TFA...

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just ordered 100MG nicotine from My Freedom Smokes. I've heard some good reviews on them. I have used wizard labs and nude nicotine in the past.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Which did you like the best?

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FYI: I spoke with Vaporstek and they told me that they will not be restocking there TH NIC. It can be special ordered for $50/L. From what I understand that is 2x the usual price. Ive never had them so I cant say if its worth it or not. All Ive had was MFS and I like it, Im just looking for diff nic now. So now that they are out what are the next best options? I ordered a liter from ChemNic but didnt try it yet. Looking for 1 more liter to store. What should I get?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FYI: I spoke with Vaporstek and they told me that they will not be restocking there TH NIC. It can be special ordered for $50/L. From what I understand that is 2x the usual price. Ive never had them so I cant say if its worth it or not. All Ive had was MFS and I like it, Im just looking for diff nic now. So now that they are out what are the next best options? I ordered a liter from ChemNic but didnt try it yet. Looking for 1 more liter to store. What should I get?
Nicotine River. They have NicSelect, very good stuff.

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
$ 315.00 for a liter is a bit to steep for me. I also noticed its 1000mg. Im looking for 100mg, 1000 is way to high to play around with. Also is there a TH on this nic? What companies TH does it compare to?

EDIT*** Im an idiot, I didnt look hard enough. I found what I was looking for at a fair price. Is there a TH on this nic? What companies TH does it compare to?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't really get a throat hit from it, but I also don't get one from Vaperstek TH....maybe I'm just weird. Lol!

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't really get a throat hit from it, but I also don't get one from Vaperstek TH....maybe I'm just weird. Lol!
looks like im gonna have to stick with my MFS NIC... I know I like it and it has the TH that im looking for. I cant even tell you how much juice I have bought from vendors in the past years that I have just lying around because the TH just wasn't there for me. They may have been using high quality NIC but even at 18mg I would get NO TH. I must have close to 4000ml...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, any nic you have that is "too clean" can always be left out to oxidize a bit. I have some here you'd love if it's throat hit you're after. Heaven knows I'll never use it, it's too harsh for me.

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, any nic you have that is "too clean" can always be left out to oxidize a bit. I have some here you'd love if it's throat hit you're after. Heaven knows I'll never use it, it's too harsh for me.
I left mine in light and opened to allow for oxygen, i still get nothing. You have juice or NIC that has TH?

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Who has NIC out there for a decent price and good NIC. All ive used is MFS 1liter special. That has been working for me but I want to try others and with the new FDA rules Im looking to stock up. Whats out there that's good and reasonably priced. I dont want to pay $300 for a 1 liter. I do like somewhat of a throat hit. I vape at 18mg. The top companies Ive heard of are
  • Nicotine River
  • Wizard Labs
  • Vaperstek
  • Nude Nicotine
These are not in order of preference just brain dumping to find the best at a reasonable price.

Nude has a cyber sale ending tonight. 30% off and free shipping on orders over a hundred bucks.

POLITICALTHANKSGIVING

..is da code

A couple of liters of nic delivered for $147? Oh yeah.

Ron

VU Sponsors