Become a Patron!

No flavor at all from any of my juices. It's driving me crazy!

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I need a fix for this soon because it's so upsetting that I pay so much for tiny bottles of juice and I can't even taste them anymore.

When I started vaping, my first coil that came with my CE5 worked for several weeks before burning, and the flavor was amazing the whole time. Then i got some replacement heads, no flavor at all. I then got some rebuilding materials and have tried all sorts of coil/gauge combinations for different ohms and change the voltage on the battery too. I also use organic cotton.

I know it's not the battery because I tested it with a multimeter and it puts out just as much voltage on each setting as advertised, give or take 0.1 volts.

It's not "vaper's tounge" either because I have ten flavors and change them every time my tank runs out. They have also steeped for at least a month or two. My juices are low-nic ranging from 0mg-12mg.

My battery puts out 3.5-4.2 volts, and I have tried heads ranging from 1.6 ohms to 3.2... People say the wattage makes a difference, but I switch between 4.2v-3.5v between drags and there is no change in flavor or the cloud size. Do I perhaps need even less resistance, or more? And if I need it, how would I make an extremely low resistance with 32 or 30 gauge kanthal?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For less than twenty dollars you can get your self a great kayfun clone and since you've already experimented with rebuilding you shouldn't have much problem building a nice coil with organic cotton.

Blade

Member For 4 Years
I need a fix for this soon because it's so upsetting that I pay so much for tiny bottles of juice and I can't even taste them anymore.

When I started vaping, my first coil that came with my CE5 worked for several weeks before burning, and the flavor was amazing the whole time. Then i got some replacement heads, no flavor at all. I then got some rebuilding materials and have tried all sorts of coil/gauge combinations for different ohms and change the voltage on the battery too. I also use organic cotton.

I know it's not the battery because I tested it with a multimeter and it puts out just as much voltage on each setting as advertised, give or take 0.1 volts.

It's not "vaper's tounge" either because I have ten flavors and change them every time my tank runs out. They have also steeped for at least a month or two. My juices are low-nic ranging from 0mg-12mg.

My battery puts out 3.5-4.2 volts, and I have tried heads ranging from 1.6 ohms to 3.2... People say the wattage makes a difference, but I switch between 4.2v-3.5v between drags and there is no change in flavor or the cloud size. Do I perhaps need even less resistance, or more? And if I need it, how would I make an extremely low resistance with 32 or 30 gauge kanthal?
What are all the flavors you're using? Are they from the same place as the ones that did have flavor? Are you taking care not to over stuff the coil with wick? Can you smell the juice in the bottle?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What are all the flavors you're using? Are they from the same place as the ones that did have flavor? Are you taking care not to over stuff the coil with wick? Can you smell the juice in the bottle?
Yes to all of that. And I have some tobacco flavors, peanut butter cup, island punch, cinnamon roll, whiskey, chocolate mint, and melon.

Blade

Member For 4 Years
Do you smoke and vape or just vape? Did you used to smoke? How many ml of juice do you use in a day? Try smelling coffee grounds for a minute to reset your olfactory senses. Doesn't work for everyone, but worth a shot.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you smoke and vape or just vape? Did you used to smoke? How many ml of juice do you use in a day? Try smelling coffee grounds for a minute to reset your olfactory senses. Doesn't work for everyone, but worth a shot.
Quit smoking a few month ago right when I started vaping. Had a few bummed anologs since then but haven't bought any.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You could "twist" the 30 or 32 gauge wire, that'll help lower your resistance. There are a bunch of YouTube video to show you how. Basically take your wire and make a big loop, throw it on and Allen key attached to a drill n spin til it breaks. Make sure your hydrated also. Vaping can dehydrate you and cause lack of taste

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I don't care how many flavor profiles you cycle through in you rotation.

If you are not hydrated, you won't be tasting any of them.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreeing with all the above, get a better tank! Even a nautilus will give you much more flavor :)

What battery are you using? If it's an ego type you can't go lower in resistance. An Istick/nautilus or subtank combination would be a huge upgrade.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I have a bad liver so I'm drinking at least four big cups of water an hour. So hydration is not the issue.

Or, you simply have vapers tounge. For me, vaping a coolata or menthol juice pretty much resets your taste buds. Vapers tongue happens.to me sometimes, when I cant taste anything.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Been there. First off, breathe into a mirror. If it don't fog, you died. :( Now, I get used to flavors. I change them often. The body gets used to things. I have never had HUGE flavor from nothing. One of those Aspire Atomizers are cheap & produce as much flavor as a 100.00 Tank will. I buy VG a gallon at a time. Nicotine a leader at a time. Several flavors at a time. Cost a lot less than smoking ever did. I don't mention names of Vendors cause someone will Bitch. VG is about 20.00 a gal, Nic is about 40.00 Liter, Flavors are 3.00 ea. Screw the prices these guys charge. Research it and save a lot of money. Or if they are smarter than you, keep buying it pre made.

NCHornet

Member For 4 Years
I have the same issue. I believe mine is from years on strong meds that I need to live each day. I can tell you this though, switching to MBV has opened what vaping is all about to me. They allow you to boost the flavoring up and it is very reasonable. I still don't taste like others do, but at least now it is worth vaping. If I didn't find MBV I would have gotten out of this vaping trend. You never did say who you have bought liquid from, so I hope you will try them. Also if you can afford to get into sub ohming it also brings out more flavor and clouds. I bought the XPro M65 and love it. I don't rebuild, so having .5 ohm coils already to drop in is a huge plus. You get the benefits of a tank without the hassles of rebuilding, works for me. I have been using the Atlantis since it arrived a couple months ago. My VTR and other tanks have never been used since I made the switch. YMMV?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Tara_from_Pa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I never heard that before. Why could you not taste if dehydrated?

Tara_from_Pa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the same issue. I believe mine is from years on strong meds that I need to live each day. I can tell you this though, switching to MBV has opened what vaping is all about to me. They allow you to boost the flavoring up and it is very reasonable. I still don't taste like others do, but at least now it is worth vaping. If I didn't find MBV I would have gotten out of this vaping trend. You never did say who you have bought liquid from, so I hope you will try them. Also if you can afford to get into sub ohming it also brings out more flavor and clouds. I bought the XPro M65 and love it. I don't rebuild, so having .5 ohm coils already to drop in is a huge plus. You get the benefits of a tank without the hassles of rebuilding, works for me. I have been using the Atlantis since it arrived a couple months ago. My VTR and other tanks have never been used since I made the switch. YMMV?

I like MBV as well. However, the "flavor shot" thing is BULL S%IT.. If a company is making juice correct, there's no need for flavor shoots. Every time I order from MBV and don't add 2-3 shoots, the juice is junk. There way of making more $$. Just say'in

Blade

Member For 4 Years
I like MBV as well. However, the "flavor shot" thing is BULL S%IT.. If a company is making juice correct, there's no need for flavor shoots. Every time I order from MBV and don't add 2-3 shoots, the juice is junk. There way of making more $$. Just say'in
I ordered an extra flavor shot once and it made it way to strong. But then again, I've never gotten bad juice from Affordable Vaping either.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

VU Sponsors