Become a Patron!

No-shit-Sherlock study finds vaping helps smokers quit smoking

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Doesn't help tobacco companies profit margin, that's why it's constantly being attacked and downplayed. Fuck big tobacco, keep your mitts out of the vaping industry.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's Big Pharma and the gov't itself, particularly those which have sold tobacco bonds dependent on MSA revenues, which are our biggest enemies, NOT big tobacco. BT is merely a market competitor, which e-cigarettes can easily trounce by virtue of the different business models, if the fucking gov't would get their idiotic, greedy noses and fingers out of it. But since BP is rich enough to buy the gov't it wants... well. That's quite a problem. But by all means, keep playing into the hands of BP and the gov't and blaming BT.

Andria

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's not entirely the government and big pharma. Tobacco companies are lobbying against ecigs that aren't "safe" I.e. leaking, nic strength and the like. That's what spurred on the Tobacco Products Directive in Europe and was subsequently implemented on us in Britain. Basically it pushes any new companies out of the running because they won't be able to afford the extremely expensive testing costs to prove their product is safe. Big tobacco will be able to do those tests and not even feel the weight of it leave their pockets. I do agree the other 2 are equally as bad in this situation but to completely dismiss tobacco companies is being remiss.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's not entirely the government and big pharma. Tobacco companies are lobbying against ecigs that aren't "safe" I.e. leaking, nic strength and the like. That's what spurred on the Tobacco Products Directive in Europe and was subsequently implemented on us in Britain. Basically it pushes any new companies out of the running because they won't be able to afford the extremely expensive testing costs to prove their product is safe. Big tobacco will be able to do those tests and not even feel the weight of it leave their pockets. I do agree the other 2 are equally as bad in this situation but to completely dismiss tobacco companies is being remiss.

Yes, as market competitors they do have some flesh in the game, as the saying goes, and I'm sure they'd rather vaping had never happened... but now they're scrambling to retain market share, by getting into e-cigs themselves. But what I said about business model -- tobacco companies are called "big" tobacco for a good reason; they're all massive, bureaucratic behemoths, whose right hand likely doesn't have a clue what its left hand is up to; contrast that with the small-enterprise success of most vape-related businesses, which can respond almost instantly to market demand -- if that process is left alone, there really is no foreseeable limit to how vaping can grow and change over time. And it's scaring the hell out of BP and big gov't the most. They're in the business of pretending to care about anything except the bottom line, and vaping is showing their venality and duplicity for what it truly is: corruption. A real humdinger of a disruptive technology. ;)

Andria

VU Sponsors