Become a Patron!

No smoke coming out.

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, i recently dropped my Box Mod and ever since i dropped it it isnt firing up/burning and theres no smoke coming, the LED power button lights up whenever i press/hold it, and ive tried restarting,charging, changing coils.
What can be the problem?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
if the tank was on it its possible it jarred the 510...Remove the battery/batteries...Unscrew and re screw the tank back on and try again..Maybe try a different tank as well to be sure its not the tank...If it still doesn't fire, a wire may have come loose inside...Hate when that happens.

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if the tank was on it its possible it jarred the 510...Remove the battery/batteries...Unscrew and re screw the tank back on and try again..Maybe try a different tank as well to be sure its not the tank...If it still doesn't fire, a wire may have come loose inside...Hate when that happens.
I have unscrewed it and put it together. dont have any other tanks.

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Will it fix itself if i buy a new Tank? cause the battery doesnt seem to be anything wrong with, cause its lighting up as before i dropped it.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Will it fix itself if i buy a new Tank? cause the battery doesnt seem to be anything wrong with, cause its lighting up as before i dropped it.
That's not an easy question to answer...The battery can still be good and the wires going to the switch as well but the 510 connection or tank can still be bad based on how it maybe landed...Hard to diagnose something like this on line but I would try another tank first.

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's not an easy question to answer...The battery can still be good and the wires going to the switch as well but the 510 connection or tank can still be bad based on how it maybe landed...Hard to diagnose something like this on line but I would try another tank first.
It landed on the side. think the tank took the most damage, cause the battery looks like before, it was in my pocket when it fell out so it about 1 meter up

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you have a volt meter you can check the 510 by putting the positive of the meter in the center of the pin and the negative on the threads to see if you get power there when the button is pushed...If not ,then something inside came loose at the 510....If it does have power from the 510 then I would venture to say the tank is at fault.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK..you want to check it on the battery where the tank screws into on the battery...There should be a little gold or brass pin in the center..This is the positive connection to your tank...The threads on the outside are the ground....If you get voltage to your meter then the 510 is ok and I would replace the tank...If you don't get voltage to your meter I would consider just buying a new mod and tank.

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK..you want to check it on the battery where the tank screws into on the battery...There should be a little gold or brass pin in the center..This is the positive connection to your tank...The threads on the outside are the ground....If you get voltage to your meter then the 510 is ok and I would replace the tank...If you don't get voltage to your meter I would consider just buying a new mod and tank.
It only comes about .002 volts.

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never mind my previous comment i forgot to hold the button, it comes up about 5+ volts

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
that's a bit low...if you have the meter on the correct settings for voltage then I would just throw out the mod..It is a built in battery and not worth trying to repair...If it it is charged you should be seeing 3.7v or higher.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Never mind my previous comment i forgot to hold the button, it comes up about 5+ volts
OK well that's good news..Then the 510 is sending power and next I would look at the tank..Take it apart and make sure the coil is screwed in tight and check for damage where the tank screws into the battery.

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that's a bit low...if you have the meter on the correct settings for voltage then I would just throw out the mod..It is a built in battery and not worth trying to repair...If it it is charged you should be seeing 3.7v or higher.
i get about 4.5 average, so you think its the tank then?

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK well that's good news..Then the 510 is sending power and next I would look at the tank..Take it apart and make sure the coil is screwed in tight and check for damage where the tank screws into the battery.
Ive done that, but it still doesnt work.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i get about 4.5 average, so you think its the tank then?
Yes...If you are getting power to the 510 but nothing from the tank then I would suspect the tank..Take the tank apart and look it over..Make sure everything looks ok with it...It could be a something simple like the coil coming loose or damage to the threads or 510 pin on the tank itself.

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am gonna order a new tank and hope for the best.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Do you have a new coil for the tank you have now?...If so, try a new coil first.

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you have a new coil for the tank you have now?...If so, try a new coil first.
Dont have a brand new, but i have one that i had before as extra that works, tried it before i posted this didnt work.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dont have a brand new, but i have one that i had before as extra that works, tried it before i posted this didnt work.
Ok...I figured maybe try that first...seems you need a different tank and hopefully that gets you back to vaping.

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok...I figured maybe try that first...seems you need a different tank and hopefully that gets you back to vaping.
Hey i bought the new tank, everything is working but the tank is "overheating" its getting really hot, do you know any fixes to this?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
can you adjust the voltage at all on the Battery?...5 volts is a lot of power and depending on the ohms of the coil can cause that.

On another note if it wasn't getting hot before you dropped it and now it is (using the same coil) im sort of worried that maybe something else could be wrong..Just be careful...Im tempted to just recommend you get a new device to use your new tank on...The over heating could also be caused from a slight short somewhere which is not safe at all.

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
can you adjust the voltage at all on the Battery?...5 volts is a lot of power and depending on the ohms of the coil can cause that.

On another note if it wasn't getting hot before you dropped it and now it is (using the same coil) im sort of worried that maybe something else could be wrong..Just be careful...Im tempted to just recommend you get a new device to use your new tank on...The over heating could also be caused from a slight short somewhere which is not safe at all.
I got a new coil and a new tank, and it is getting hot and no flavour.

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I cant adjust the voltage.

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Do you suggest just buying a brand new one?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Do you suggest just buying a brand new one?
Im leaning towards yes on that question...A tank that gets really hot is not a good sign and especially if it didn't do that before...Im not really a big fan of built in battery type mods...Are you in the States?

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im leaning towards yes on that question...A tank that gets really hot is not a good sign and especially if it didn't do that before...Im not really a big fan of built in battery type mods...Are you in the States?
Im not in the states.

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But are there and cheap and reliable mods that you suggest?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
it just gets warm on the tip, where the smoke goes out
ok..that's different somewhat...I thought the entire tank was getting hot...My guess is the voltage is too high for the coil you have in the tank..5 volts is up there power wise...Maybe a lower ohm coil but im not really familiar with your mod to know what it can handle as far as ohms safely.

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok..that's different somewhat...I thought the entire tank was getting hot...My guess is the voltage is too high for the coil you have in the tank..5 volts is up there power wise...Maybe a lower ohm coil but im not really familiar with your mod to know what it can handle as far as ohms safely.
What about the no flavour thing?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
But are there and cheap and reliable mods that you suggest?
There is a whole host of mods you can get fairly cheap cost wise..Im not sure whats available in the contry you are in but look around and throw out some suggestions to some you might like.

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is a whole host of mods you can get fairly cheap cost wise..Im not sure whats available in the contry you are in but look around and throw out some suggestions to some you might like.
What about the eLeaf ipower TC 5000?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What about the no flavour thing?
Most likely because the vape is too hot..There is a sweet spot power wise to get the best flavor out of any tank...Too hot and it takes it away..too cold and the same thing happens..Can you tell me what ohm your coil is?

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most likely because the vape is too hot..There is a sweet spot power wise to get the best flavor out of any tank...Too hot and it takes it away..too cold and the same thing happens..Can you tell me what ohm your coil is?
it is 0.2

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What about the eLeaf ipower TC 5000?
I suppose that would be better than what you have based on youll be able to adjust power...Im not a fan of built in battery mods but if that's affordable for you and you like it I would give it a shot.

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I suppose that would be better than what you have based on youll be able to adjust power...Im not a fan of built in battery mods but if that's affordable for you and you like it I would give it a shot.
the thing is, the tank i have now, i didnt look before i bought it didnt think about it so i bought a 40w-70w tank, and i got a 100W.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
it is 0.2
the thing is, the tank i have now, i didnt look before i bought it didnt think about it so i bought a 40w-70w tank, and i got a 100W.
I just looked up your mod made by Tesla...The power is based on the ohms of the coil you use..maybe using a higher ohm coil would work better for you?...I still recommend something that's adjustable power wise however

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just looked up your mod made by Tesla...The power is based on the ohms of the coil you use..maybe using a higher ohm coil would work better for you?...I still recommend something that's adjustable power wise however
My mod is made by YEPECIG?

AlexVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am gonna buy this one
eLeaf iPower TC 5000mAh and use my new tank on it, and buy a original tank that i used before on the one i got now

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am gonna buy this one
eLeaf iPower TC 5000mAh and use my new tank on it, and buy a original tank that i used before on the one i got now
I think youll like it a whole lot better than what you have..Youll be able to adjust the power no matter what coil you use to fine tune the vape how you like it...Im not sure how battery life would be at high power but its better than what you have right now.

VU Sponsors