Become a Patron!

Noob From TX

iM So VapeD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My story...Im 34 years old.i live in the austin area here in texas.i picked up smoking when i was 18 and have always been an anxious kind of person.For me smoking stinkies helped calm my nerves.As the years went on i began to feel unhealthy after long nights of smoking heavy.Congested in the mornings..coughing fits..i just felt pretty rough overall.I then decided it was time to drop the cancer sticks and never look back.So i needed a new outlet,something to occupy my busy mind.I was at a shopping center and came across a vape shop.i strolled in and was greeted by a young woman..i explained to her i had recently quit smoking cigs and was looking for a safer,healthier alternative.I wasnt sure what to purchase etc..i ended u buying a CFiber 100w starter kit.I also purchased an ijust2.I really enjoy both of them and now vaping is my lovely addiction.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Glad to have you here.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU.
Continue at it, and have back ups for the back ups.

iM So VapeD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wdym backups ?
like extra coils and tanks/batteries etc...??im a newbie i know:D

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU from NE Texas. Looking at moving to Austin area in July/August. My son is a singer/songwriter and we think he can get more exposure there.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wdym backups ?
like extra coils and tanks/batteries etc...??im a newbie i know:D
Everything.
When Mr. Murphy shows his face, it can be a real bitch. There will that one time your everyday rig craps out, and go grab the back up, only to find it has an issue also. 3rd string saved the day.
Hell, they gave you 19 back ups in the cig pack.;)

iM So VapeD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Austin is a very diverse city.Music and art is plentiful here.If exposure is what you are seeking im sure you will discover it .Good luck to your family on your new journey if it is what you decide

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome from Breazy and Congrats on making the swich !

iM So VapeD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No. I don't do built in battery tube mods. I'm using small box mods with replaceable batteries, IPV D3 and a Cuboid currently.
i see..So in your opinion are the mods i have bad?And built in batteries does that mean i wont be able 2 replace them

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i see..So in your opinion are the mods i have bad?And built in batteries does that mean i wont be able 2 replace them
Not bad, just not user serviceable. Batteries have a finite life cycle, so once you hit that, you toss the mod. It may be a year+ though, so rotating mods helps.

iM So VapeD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not bad, just not user serviceable. Batteries have a finite life cycle, so once you hit that, you toss the mod. It may be a year+ though, so rotating mods helps.
Damn i should of did my research b4 jumping the gun:eek:So whats a good mod under 100 bucks that wont crap out on me as soon?i like vapor production and flavor either way

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn i should of did my research b4 jumping the gun:eek:So whats a good mod under 100 bucks that wont crap out on me as soon?i like vapor production and flavor either way

You're good for a while, so that'll give you time to do more research. They're coming out with new shit non-stop now, so enjoy what you have for now, and figure out what direction you wish to go. Once I found what I wanted that worked for me, I didn't buy anything for 4 years, except juice.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah that's true. those will last a good bit for you. Having 2 is a good move, back up gear is very important, in case of equipment failure, especially.

I don't require high powered anything... I vape low watts, I want flavor over vapor, but want some, of course. I do have a few mods that go up to 60-75 watts, but don't need that much power. My baby is my eVic VTC mini right now. Love that bugger. Goes to 75 watts, takes one 18650 battery, can be used in Power mode or in Temp mode.

I'm a mouth to lung vaper, but i do have a couple sub ohm tanks, too. I prefer to build coils (simple ones) but I do have tanks that only have pre-made coils available.

You'll find everything you need to know here. LOTS and LOTS of talent in this forum. Some pretty amazing stuff goin' on here.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
@iM So VapeD Congrats! And welcome to the community. I used to live in the ATX, what a great place to live. I would check out Ecig.com. I don't know if they have a retail shop, but they are in Austin and have some great prices and a good variety. My experiences with them have been very good. Good luck!!!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! Glad to have you here!

iM So VapeD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@iM So VapeD Congrats! And welcome to the community. I used to live in the ATX, what a great place to live. I would check out Ecig.com. I don't know if they have a retail shop, but they are in Austin and have some great prices and a good variety. My experiences with them have been very good. Good luck!!!
thanks

VU Sponsors